.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2002, 02:32 AM   #1
geeser

Girl troubles here(looooooong)

So I'll come right out with it. I'm a Roman Catholic. Now I assume you are thinking, "what the hell does this have to do with girls?" Well, a lot. There was this girl I "knew" back in high school, we'll call her Melissa because well that's her real name. Anyway, I knew who she was, she was friends with a few of my friends, she was on journalism staff with me but I never talked to her the whole time I was there(two years because I transferred schools). Anyway, all during high school I had a crush on her but I never did anything about it. See, I'm the guy who is really quiet and shy so most people automatically think I'm a dick. She, of course, did. I thought se was stuck up because she never would talk to me. Big lack of communication there. Anyway, she went to Thailand after graduation for a Christian missionary trip and I went to San Jose State for school. Well, freshman year passed without a hitch and a whole lot of drunken memories when I learn my dad has taken quite ill with Parkinson's disease. So I decided to move back and go to a local college to be close to home. Then one day, BAM! There's Melissa. She's in my new school. About a month later and after countless hours of friends prodding me to talk to her, I did. Halloween night we all went to a military stronghold missile silo for a party and we ended up talking for a loooooooong time. 4 months pass which brings us to today. This whole time she has been pleading with me to denounce Catholocism because it is "wrong." I can't do that because I am deeply rooted in my faith. She did this the whole time we were together! Otherwise we were a GREAT couple. Out of, I counted, 6 g/f's since high school started, she was the only one who made me laugh/think/HAPPY. I thought I had found THE girl but as soon as she found out I wouldn't join her church, she dumps me! Was I just played for a fool??? I don't want to start a religious flame her because I believe in tolerance and I will not flame back but just some thoughts, ideas, condolences. I mean, IMO, I am a really good looking guy. I'm not at all conceited in the least but I don't want this to ruin my already low/absent self esteem. Please, someone comfort me! I feel like crap, I think I just might.....DRINK!! Ha, never thought of that. Well, reply away with past experiences etc. I just need a little comfort here folks.