User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2005, 05:20 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

White kids in the suburbs...

Seriously...if you're white and from the suburbs, stop pretending like you identify with rap music. Wait...let me take that back since technically rap isn't music. I'm so fucking sick of these punk ass white kids nodding their heads to songs that talk about the struggles black people have faced like they understand. If you have to ask about the difference between hip hop (a legitimate form of music) and rap (a legitimate form of selling crack, prostitution, and violence while gloryfing it in the process), then you don't need to know the difference. Suffice it to say that hip hop is often much MUCH more intelligent than rap. Take Mos Def, for example. His stuff is incredbily intelligent, but while I can see where he's coming from, I certainly can't understand or relate. That's what gets me. I just know there's some stupid ass white boy in a $300K house with a car he didn't pay for acting like he grew up in Bed-Stuy. Studies have shown that 75% of "rap" (which I assume includes hip hop since the surveys are most likely done by music execs who haven't got a clue) is purchased by white people. I'm sorry, but white kids from the suburbs haven't got a clue. And yes, that includes me, to an extent. At least I don't pretend like I can identify with someone who grew up in Marcy Projects. The next time I see some white douche bag nodding his head to rap music while he's at a stoplight, I'm going to pull him out of his car and beat him within an inch of his life. Maybe then he'll understand.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote