.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2003, 10:50 PM   #1
DsBlu01CivEX

We all do it....

Ok...I decided to start a new thread as to not "whore up" GT's thread, but this one and his sorta go hand-in-hand. The basis of this thread stem from some comments made by people that posted in his thread.

You guys all say that you're sick of hearing girls say that "looks don't matter" and that they just want a guy that has a good sense of humor, listens to them, blah blah blah...all the stuff that girls always list. My advice to you is to stop looking for girls, look for women. Women are the ones that want the guys that have the good sense of humor and what not and will actually give the "average joe" a chance. Girls are still hung up on looks. And sure I'll admit that looks matter somewhat to a relationship...I feel that there has to be some level of physical attraction to make a relationship healthy. But you gentlemen have a way of saying that you want girls that are smart, witty, what-not...and then go after the ditzy barbie doll looking girls. It's human nature I guess to go after looks because that's what you see first.

As we get older, different things become important to us. I just think people my age have a tendancy to stress because when our parents were our age, they were for the most part married and having children by now. So we all think that that's how we should be too. Fortunately we live in a different world now. One where it is ok to be 23 and single. So why stress because you haven't found a significant other yet. You have plenty of time for that. Live it up while you can. Work on some of you life goals that you can't do when you have a family to support.

I think Spooge said it best when she said that a lot of women are looking for men to change. This is mostly true. Not all women do this, but a lot do. These are the women that try to make excuses for their man that is treating them poorly. The women that don't do this are the ones that are truely happy in their relationship and so is the man, or these are the girls that are single. But sorry guys...I can offer up no solution as to why we females do this. Anyone have any ideas on any of this?

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote