Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2001, 10:17 PM   #1
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Exclamation Think the Si has some issues....

I decided to check my plugs yesterday. I wasn't expecting a whole lot being that my car is a 2000. So I pop the wire cover off and pull the first plug....

It was black. It looked like it had been running rich. The electrode looked worn too. I pulled all the other ones. They all looked the same. Which is ok. At least all the cylinders are performing the same. No biggie. So I went and got some new plugs.

I pulled the plugs to replace them. Well I got this nifty idea to look down into the cylinder. WHOA. The top of the piston looked rusted. Spots & patches. This was the case on all cylinders. Now this had me worried. So I though maybe its carbon deposits. More likely right? Just doesn't seem right for rust to be in the cylinder.

Anyhow my point is this. What would cause this? Its fairly heavy rust/carbon. My other thought, and this scares me more, is that maybe this car had been in a flood. I say this becouse there is a bracket in the rear near the intake manifold that is rust covered. I never noticed it before. The engine bay was also very dirty. Anyhow, here's some pics I took.
The plugs..........(ignore the dirt in the background)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-11-01 - spark plugs 4 3 2 1sm.jpg (43.4 KB, 80 views)