Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2003, 04:58 PM   #1
LADAownzU

What are my options

this is my current engine

D16Y7- 1.6L SOHC non-VTEC- 98 Civic CX

my car is stick, lacks AC, power steering ( no power anything actualy) and sports shocks + rims/tires.

thats how the car was when i bought it ( or it was bought FOR me with MY money... o_0... ahh) anyway the lack of v-tec kinda bothers me, since i have a perfectly good VW 2.0 golf sitting in the drive way that can spin circles around this honda.

anyway the only mod i have done so far is taking off the resonator and intake pipe, o_0.

now what are my options in terms of head swaps and what not, should i keep my bottom end? i mean do bottem ends matter much when it comes to swaping, i know people here rave about B18C swaps, but i'm realistic and i simply dont have the funds to do a complelte engine swap.

i'm planning on going FI with this some time in the future so i want to keep my options open

so question number 1, in terms of head swaps, what should i be looking at? what car to tear it from? sohc or dohc? ( or tohc ^_^)

second question
forged internals + new head gaskets good idea? i mean if the engine is all open anyway i might as well get all these parts too right? so can i get some links in here please. I heard JE makes good honda stuff

third question
what about the ECU harness and the chip itself, would that have to be replaced to fit the new v-tec head?

and give me all the engine performance mods that i should/should not/think about get.

alright thanks alot,