Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2001, 10:29 AM   #1
Boosted3g

30 psi and it still held together

i was cruising to my my friends shop Modified Motorsports and I was just about to turn onto the highway when the thought popped into my head "im tearing the engine out next weekend why dont I see what this ***** wll do". Anyway 2 seconds later i turned the knob on the Profc all the way to max. So imcruising down the entrance ramp in third gear at about 45 mph and I stomp on the gas. The car pulled forward and then it hit boost. The tires were just obliterated all the way through 3rd and barked them giong into forth at 95 mph. Still in it I was screaming up the highway revving a litle over 8K at a little over 130mph when all of a sudden the car starts vibrating and shaking like crazy. So worried as I was (i didnt feel like walking home) I slow down to near speed limi levels and the car was obviously miss firing and sounding like shit. Well I limped the car to the shop on 3 cylinders and started pulling plugs. When I got to #4 and pulled he plug nothing changed. I thought that I toasted the piston. Anyway after my buddys laughed at me all afternoon i got this idea to pull the plugs and check out how bad the piston looked. Turns out that #4 was fine alll that happened is that I totally fried the electrode. There was nothing left of it or half the ground strap. I guess thats what I get for buying those 99 cent Autolite plugs because my fuel enrichment was fine. Oh well live and learn.