::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2002, 10:59 AM   #1
tim haas

hey guys-where to get good deal on o2 sensor so i dont pay $220 for a new one

hey can someone give me advice? I got my car checked out, cuz the engine light came on on my dash, and it appears to be that the bottom o2 sensory on the 97 honda civic dx is bad. It is basically not even functioning i am told. However, i can go to autozone and get one for $220 and put it on myself, but i dont wanna pay that much cuz the car is up for sale.....hmmmmm, any ideas?
Old 11-14-2002, 05:35 PM   #2
AzCivic

Reach up under someone elses car and jack one. J/K
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 06:31 PM   #3
ShEaNy

junk yard? i dunno ..call honda and see what they charge(which is top dollar) and compare around...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 03:34 PM   #4
JRSC Civic Hatch

I have one from my 00Si. email me at civic4dr13@aol.com

I got in a wreck a little while after i switched it out.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:48 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I guess you could hit up the junkyards.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 02:43 PM   #6
SilVtec

Sheesh...I thought I had the same problem. My engine light came on, and I did a self diagnostic check on it, and the code came up saying that I had a bad primary O2 sensor, or an exhaust leak. I changed my exhaust out yesterday, and I found a hole in my pipe, and that was what was causing it I think. My engine light hasn't been on since then.
Auto Zone wanted to charge me $300 for it, and Honda wanted $399 for it. Lots of money for a part that is only about 3 inches long with a few wires. The people at Auto Zone and Honda were very surprised at the price, but a good thing is that if your sensor only has four wires, then you can buy a universal one at Auto Zone. They do have them for $80, and they are made by Bosch. If your sensor has five wires like mine, then your screwed, cause those four wire universal sensors will not work for it of course. Be careful of what you buy, and make sure you know how many wires that your sensor has. In the books at Auto Zone, they said that the four wire universal should work for my five wire sensor, but it didn't, so be careful.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:16 PM   #7
SilVtec

I was wrong..the engine light came back on. It is my O2 sensor. I really didn't think that the exhaust leak was it anyways. With me, the most expensive problem always is the problem...lol. If it were not for bad luck, I would have no luck at all.
Old 11-16-2002, 11:47 PM   #8
bent_remy

Check ebay.
Old 11-16-2002, 11:57 PM   #9
SilVtec

Quote:
Originally posted by bent_remy
Check ebay.

I went to ebay lots of times, but there are never any on there. I went to thepartstrader.com, and got one for $20 that is coming in the mail hopefully. This guy might not send it actually, cause it's been a long time..about three weeks, and I haven't received it yet. He claims that he has sent it, but I don't believe him. I need one bad though. Hey, JRSC, how much do you want for yours if you haven't sold it yet?
Old 11-17-2002, 12:01 AM   #10
JRSC Civic Hatch

Make me an offer on it. I payed that crazy price from the dealer when i got it.
Old 11-28-2002, 06:22 PM   #11
tim haas

Grrr, had to pay $225 from autozone cuz noone would get back to me.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:24 PM   #12
SilVtec

Yeah, I bought one for $20 from a guy that never came in...he actually told me that he ripped me off. I went to thepartstrader.com to get that one. I found one on ebay though, and the guy provided a part number and everything for me. I checked with Honda and it is the part number for my car. I paid $80 for it...so that is reasonable.
Old 11-30-2002, 11:56 PM   #13
Plasdom

I had a bad o2 sensor recently and discovered that honda had a warranty for all 96-99? (not sure but mine is a 96 model) hondas up till 150000 miles.
So basically you take it to a dealer and they change it for free. They might charge you $70 for the diagnostics though. Sorry I don't remember the exact years.