Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2002, 11:47 PM   #1
juvenile

2pac - Better Days

Anyone hear his new 2cd album yet?
I must say that the songs are generally could, and a few where really good, but his last album or two where better!
But still, I love his vibe and style!

I must say that he is in my top 3 best rap artists!

(Boy does it kick ass getting stuff at your hands before it's even out in stores! )
Old 11-19-2002, 11:50 PM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

how long ago did he die?

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 11:51 PM   #3
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

97? or 98?
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 11:53 PM   #4
ShEaNy

i thought it was either 96 or 97....not to sure...2pac rules man
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 11:53 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

just kinda odd how he's putting albums out 5 or 6 years after his death. i mean... at least nirvanas new one was remixs or remakes of the same songs.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 12:06 AM   #6
juvenile

Check my sig. 1971-1996!
And I know what you mean though. I personally think this is still either some sort of conspiracy...or the guy must have rapped while he was even in the shower. I mean they always "find" it somewhere. What's next, "Oh yes, we were searching his closest, found a dirty sock with a mix tape in it. Yes it has some new songs. No I'm not sure how it address the latest bombing of the WTC. THANK YOU!"
Old 11-20-2002, 12:25 AM   #7
juvenile

Wow...this is a very nice speech. Read:

Quote:
When I die, let it be, and when they come for me, Bury me a G."

Lay the alive rumors to rest and let him rest in peace, he's gone but not forgotten. People are looking into these reasons why Pac is alive way to deep and getting it twisted. Most of them mean nothing, so maybe 7 was his favorite number. The main reasons some people believe he's still alive come from the CD Makaveli, The 7 Day Theory. However it's common belief in the music industry that before the CD was released Deathrow altered the CD, including the intro, screams of "he's not dead", the fingerprints inside the cover etc.

Tupac was and will always be the greatest, most controversial rapper of all time. He never held back on anything. If he had something to say, he'd say it straight up. People didn't always like what he had to say and it got him in to a lot of trouble, but he kept it real and always told things like they were. "That's how I feel, I'ma do whatever I like ... I was raised in this society so you can't expect me to be a perfect person cause I'ma do what I'ma do." That's what I admired most about Tupac. He was always up in your face about everything, he never coward and kept things inside, he'd always stand up for himself and what he believed in. He also had an extreme desire to achieve, he worked harder in his 25 years than most people could in 10 life times. Edi and Kastro of the Outlawz said that the album Makaveli, was written and recorded in 7 days, thus the "7 Day Theory". He'd only sleep for 3-4 hours a night. He said "The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams." He strived to be the best and refused to settle for less. "Don't ever stop, just push until you hit the top, and if you try, atleast you know you gave your all, be true to you, and that way you can never fall ... be true to you, believe that there is no one bigger, cause they can all suck dick."

This mind set made Pac controversial from the cradle to the grave, he had two very different sides to him. Here's an Interview transcript.

Vibe: What are you at war with?
Tupac: Different things at different times. My own heart sometimes. There's two niggas inside me. One wants to live in peace, and the other won't die unless he's free.

These two different sides are also evident in his music. From positive songs like Keep ya head up and Dear Mama to vicious songs like Hit Em Up. Despite his peaceful side, the media has portrayed Tupac as nothing but a Hard Core Gangsta Rapper who wants to kill everyone but his mama. They blame him for violence in America, in the world, but like he said, "I was given this world, I didn't make it." With media, take MTV, they do all but officially boycott 2Pac. In the 1997 Top 100 they went as far as to cut off Tupac's verse in California Love. Despite poor media support, Tupac sold over 12 million albums in 1997.
I think it still sucks that he died. He was one of the few people that actually didn't concentrate on "Money, B*tches, and p*ssy!" all the time. Like I said, R.I.P!
Old 11-20-2002, 12:38 AM   #8
a96710

Tupac was one of the very few rappers I liked...but I didn't know he had a another new one out. I'll have to d/l it
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 12:46 AM   #9
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

He's not alive, he just had many songs that weren't released before his death... i hate people who try and play something that just isnt true

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 01:07 AM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I'm not a huge rap fan, but 2pac is the best. He recorded MANY songs and I believe his mother handles the releases (well she oversees at least).

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 01:13 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'm not a big rap fan either, but i liked his songs

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote