Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2002, 04:17 PM   #1
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Interior Work

I was at a local car show this past weekend and found a very nice 2k lx civic... He had custom made bucket seats for the rear passenger seats of his car. I was wondering if anybody knew any links etc, where i could find more information about services like this being done.

Thanks
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 01:12 AM   #2
slowEJ6

custom made bucket seats? you sure they werent just some race seats custom fit in the rear?
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 04:31 PM   #3
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

I'm pretty sure they were bucket. I'll check with my friend...
Old 10-16-2002, 10:35 AM   #4
Ticket2ride21

Dude...ive got so much work to get done on my interior! First i have to finish my exterior...but Im still not sure about which colors I should use! I'm thinking grey and black...maybe. ummm...I know how to remove my dash in the front...but can i remove the covers to my airbags? I hate the factory color!

~David
Old 10-16-2002, 07:38 PM   #5
Honda530

I ran into a lot of problems trying to take out my front dash. The side airbag just didnt want to come off. SO I had to make do. It looks good with teh vinyl paint and clear coat. I just have to put on another coat once in a while. If your looking for cheap interior and you dont have the money go for painting it as long as you take your time it will look fine. You can always get someone to redo it at a later date which is my plan. After I get some other stuff done Im gonna sve and get all my vinyl redone.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:01 PM   #6
4jacks

if he put bucket seats in the rear, did he have something between them or just empty trunk space... ???!?!?

I don't get it ..

anyhoo... i don't think rear bucket seats is too sporty.. just take them out and put in some big subs and amps.. or a huge bottle of nitrious.

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 08:33 PM   #7
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
if he put bucket seats in the rear, did he have something between them or just empty trunk space... ???!?!?

I don't get it ..

anyhoo... i don't think rear bucket seats is too sporty.. just take them out and put in some big subs and amps.. or a huge bottle of nitrious.

He had the seats with material inbetween the two.. it looked really nice, i didn't get a good look however.. I was thinking about the subs / amps - n2, but theres just a HUUUUUUge space to fill. I dont want the fricken subs so large that i go deaf/weigh down my car tremendously. I wanted to do a leather back, however that wouldnt match the front sporty seats i was planning on putting in the front.. so either i go with an all leather interior, or just find someone who would do the sporty look for the inside.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:07 AM   #8
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by TeriyakiBroccoli
He had the seats with material inbetween the two.. it looked really nice, i didn't get a good look however.. I was thinking about the subs / amps - n2, but theres just a HUUUUUUge space to fill. I dont want the fricken subs so large that i go deaf/weigh down my car tremendously. I wanted to do a leather back, however that wouldnt match the front sporty seats i was planning on putting in the front.. so either i go with an all leather interior, or just find someone who would do the sporty look for the inside.

I'm sure you can get them wrapped in cloth to match the front seats. It may be easier to alter the existing seats by removing something from the seat part to give the appearance of bucket seats, without starting from scratch.

at any rate it sounds expensive, let us know how it goes.

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 09:29 AM   #9
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Thanks, what do you guys think,

perhaps leather wrapping would be a bit easier , and take less effort to do?

Finding a place that will do the custom rear seats (racing) would be quite hard to do, and probably more expensive than the leather seats.. because i'm guessing the other seats would be more of a custom job.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:27 AM   #10
Ticket2ride21

VERY EXPENSIVE!