.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2002, 04:48 AM   #1
noviceACCORD

proper EVERYTHING, all the help I can get!!

so far the car (Accord LX, 2door) has a cheap cold air intake. As far as I know, that's about it. I've asked in other forums about things I can do to pep it up more. Info offered were things like, drop an H22 in it and be done with it. Well, I can't afford that. I'm looking for the basics. Like possibly spark plugs, spark plug wiring, muffler, umm, any of the small affordable stuff that will pep it up a little. Also, I'm assuming this WOULD be the case, but I'll ask anyway. Would a more expensive cold air intake make a difference? It's no Z28, which is what I did have, but it's got a little pep to it...just would like to have a little more to back up that box of bumble bees I got goin in the muffler department. Muffler ideas are welcome. I have a friend trying to sell me a Dynomax racing muffler along with some others, but they'll all be tried out before a conclusion will be made. Keep in mind guys, I'm not trying to 'trick' my ride out to any extent, just basically wanna follow through with the cold air intake that was on it when I got it, and do the basic modifications to add a little pep. So, any and ALL brand names or suggestions are more than welcome for this female novice. thanx!
Old 06-15-2002, 01:43 PM   #2
ShEaNy

first off what year is ur car?...and ya the brand name doesn't matter TOO much it all does the basic same thing...i woulda gone with a AEM CAI......maybe some Nology hot wires...cams and pullies kit..things like that....make sure with the exhaust u get a FULL exhaust...widen the piping..don't just put a muffler on..that will give u nothing...every else i would recommend would be turbo and NOS but i think thats a bit too much..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 11:41 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Plugs and wires won't give you much power, if any. A muffler won't give you any power without new piping going to it.

If you actually want to go faster, you'll need a cat-back exhaust, and a new header.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 12:56 AM   #4
noviceACCORD

Yeah, I got the CatBack suggestion a while back, and it's definitely something I was looking into, but WOW, the prices, I couldn't even begin to afford that system now. And the Header idea too, but I did manage to find a sight with "performance" headers at a decent or affordable price. They're made by 'Pacesetter'...is that a good or bad thing, or just an OKAY idea for the time being? The 'Pacesetter' guys appear to also sell exhaust systems, and of course I'm a novice, not privy to the great brandnames (which I obviously can't afford). So what of the 'Pacesetter' brand, whatcha think?? Here's the site. http://impactparts.com/pacesetter/paceprice.htm
Tell me what you guys think.

Also, about the catback...I got a suggestion that if cost was an issue, that I could refer to my local muffler shop and get them to drum up some 3" pipe for me, mandrel bending and get them to put the Dynomax muffler on it and that it would pretty much be the same...tell me whatcha think about that that idea considering the limited funds.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:59 AM   #5
noviceACCORD

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
first off what year is ur car?...and ya the brand name doesn't matter TOO much it all does the basic same thing...i woulda gone with a AEM CAI......maybe some Nology hot wires...cams and pullies kit..things like that....make sure with the exhaust u get a FULL exhaust...widen the piping..don't just put a muffler on..that will give u nothing...every else i would recommend would be turbo and NOS but i think thats a bit too much..

93 Accord Lx