::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2002, 01:45 AM   #1
d16twannbe

hondata 2b?

Well for my computer issues and turbo addition i was looking at the emanage and aem system and both have been ruled out for numerous reasons. it seems that most are running with the hondata 2b. so i was wondering if you guys could help me out with some info such as prices and what it actually does and helps out with when adding boost. Would i still need something to trick that damn MAP sensor or does this take care of it. I went to the website and it says it must be tuned by a dealer. Also I have an obd II, would that make a difference? Do I need to get the adapter to OBDI? Thanks
Old 04-28-2002, 08:44 PM   #2
97CivicFerio

Exclamation

No trick is needed for the MAP sensor. You will have to get an OBD1 conversion which requires the ECU itself, probably a P28, and the adapter harness. Both of those items combined cost about $400. The 2B will give you adjustable VTEC and rev limits.
Go to http://www.hondata.com for more info.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:43 AM   #3
Boosted3g

Or you could just get a Power FC and it will plug right in and it will do everything that the Hondata will do plus a ton more. I have experience with both and lets jsut say the FC is in my car.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:21 PM   #4
d16twannbe

from what i just researched the hondatat does the same stuff plus even more than that of the fc and is a fraction of the price. are you talking about the apex power fc? i could get the same stuff from hondatata with datalogging and all the extras for less than the power fc. i think the aem system would be better. also the 2b does not include rev limits and vtec controller. however they lowered the price of the stage 3 because they took out the rev button and led shift light. it is only 100 over that of 2b
Old 05-08-2002, 07:16 AM   #5
Boosted3g

The FC will do way more and yes you can data log with the FC. Im not sure what extras your talking about with the Hondata but a good place hang out is the RX7 boards. i forget the site name but im sure its not hard to find. Anyway get their opinions on the FC and ask them what it car do. Youll be amazed. There is not a big following with the FC so not too many people will give you an accurate opinion because few use it and know what all it can do. I would say that if it can power the 8 second Apexi Integra then its probably good enough for your car.
Old 05-09-2002, 04:50 AM   #6
2k FBP Si

I'm hoping to get the Hondata Stage 2b...I think it's fine for my setup.
Old 05-11-2002, 11:58 AM   #7
Boosted3g

Dont get me wrong it is a nice setup and is definantly a far cry better than the limited stock parameters its just that i have had nothing but good things to say about the FC. I not hyping it up its as good as what i say jsut give it a chance and check it out. Nothing sucks more than buying things twice...trust me my
Hondata was gone a long time ago after using this.
Old 05-11-2002, 03:06 PM   #8
d16twannbe

i do not need anything like that, i am not trying to make a 400hp street monster, i am building a clean, streetable, and overall quick car. I am only looking for like, 200hp right now. I am not hating on the fc, i think it is a great piece of tuning equipment, but i feel that it is not right for my setup, yours yes, 10 sec ls is awsome, that is not what i am looking for though
Old 06-04-2002, 03:00 AM   #9
xbird

what FC are u 2 talking about??

how much is it??
Old 06-05-2002, 10:15 AM   #10
juvenile

Hondata and Power I believe
Old 06-05-2002, 05:48 PM   #11
d16twannbe

the power fc is made by apexi' and it is as much as a full stand alone, i think the cheapset i saw it for was 1500. hondata 2b with obd converter is still 700 less
Old 06-05-2002, 05:57 PM   #12
xbird

OH FC is even more expensive than the hondata

BOOSTED3G, I HATE U, U HAVE TOO MANY SPONSORS !