::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2002, 06:36 PM   #1
spoogenet

Sanyo 6200/600 Cell phone: help fast!

Ok, I'm thinking of buying tomorrow (Monday)....but I wanna hear from people who've got it, or know somebody who's got it.

What I'm concerned about:

1. How is the earpiece volume in a noisy environment such as a bar or club?
2. How is voice quality?
3. How is signal reception?

Anything else positive or negative about the phone would be helpful, except for "it's cool" or "it looks so good" or "it costs too much"....those are givens.

b
Old 05-26-2002, 09:31 PM   #2
Quist

Looks like a cool phone.....but if you wait a little longer the next wave of phones will have full color screens instead of the 4 chronomatic in that phone. IMO I would wait till middle of summer when all the new stuff is coming out then if you wnat that phone it will be cheaper or you can get the cool new color phones. Good luck, and never have any tech work done to it (ie. new color lights or changing the programs on the phone itself) I made this mistake and had a killer phone that had bright blue lights and a naked chick in the background, but only for about 2 months. Then the thing went T*ts up.
Old 05-26-2002, 09:49 PM   #3
spoogenet

I know of people who've switched the LEDs on some of the older Nokia phones....but never really knew the people, so I dunno how theirs turned out.

I know Sprint is launching 3G in August, a lot of people are saying the next Samsung phones will be too cool not to have, but I dunno about Samsung.

I can get the 6200 for $170 after tax right now....it usually retails for $300, so it's not too bad a deal at the moment.....considering my Samsung 8500, it should be a big upgrade.

Color screens lack battery life at the moment, that's one of their main drawbacks. I don't see myself needing a color screen anytime soon, although I must admit they're pretty tight.

I might buy it anyways, 30 day money back guarantee, plus I can get 6 months no interest/no payments.

b