::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2002, 04:36 PM   #1
iamsparticuz

:( Accident! :(

I was in a rush to get to school this morning so when i was backing out of my garage i looked @ the side of the wall and noticed i was too close, but it was too late and... SMASH. My left rear view mirror broke off. The chords were still in tact but a part of the black plastic near the end chipped off and the mirror was completely shattered. I didn't want to go to school with a rear view mirror hanging down on my left side so i got some wire cutters and cut the wires, then went off.

Now i have to try and pay for it. I uploaded some pictures...

Heres the 1st one..

A look at what where it came off..

And finally the mirror and the side part..

Remember its just that side mirror. The rest of the car is fine, i was told that it would 100 bucks to get a new replacement mirror and it would take 20 minutes to install.

I didn't really like the mirrors in the first place and im looking to replace them. Does anyone know where or if I could get some other mirrors for cheaper or if i could install them myself?

What do you think my best bet would be?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-2002, 04:52 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Sorry to see that

You could get some M3 mirrors, or you could just go to a junkyard and get a matching mirror for much cheaper. That's probably what I'd try to do.

Else, try manhonda.com, recycler.com, thepartstrader.com, etc.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:48 PM   #3
iamsparticuz

Alright. I just found THIS online off ebay. I don't know if these are "power" mirrors or not, or if it matters. Hopefully that makes sense? Since i have a DX.

Does anyone know if the LED's work? I emailed them and have yet to get a response, but its only been 1/2 an hour.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:24 PM   #4
iamsparticuz

ehhh. I decided not to bid on em'. You think i should just go to a junkyard or try and get some new fancy mirrors?
Old 05-13-2002, 08:52 PM   #5
azn_nite_ryder

well you can take that as a sign to upgrade to a fancier mirror like the m3 with LED's on them... those are sweet....
Old 05-14-2002, 11:33 AM   #6
rakugaki

that sucks, i was too close to a drive thru at a mcdonalds window and my mirror folded in (i guess thats what it's used for). it got scratched pretty bad...oh well
Old 05-14-2002, 05:28 PM   #7
gee

last week some drunk kid hit my right mirror... just the oppposite of yours. Its not completely broken.. its attached, the mirror itself isnt cracked, the thing is just kinda off centered.

I took my car to a shop and got a quote for 300 bux, which the drunk kid will pay.. he was found guilty. you wanna work something out? mine's an accord 99 LX coupe. I've also been looking at the m3 mirrors and i saw the z3 ones on ebay too.... i might just stick with stock tho. anyway... not sure yet

if you're interested in my left side mirror (which is fine), i can sell it to you, and i can get a new set of whatever (m3, stock, etc)... or it could also work the other way around if u sell me your right mirror... i'm assuming your mirrors are powered?? mine are....

-gee
Old 05-15-2002, 04:20 PM   #8
iamsparticuz

Does anyone know of a place to get some m3's for a 4d 99 accord? I cant find any...
Old 05-15-2002, 05:52 PM   #9
rakugaki

ebay?
Old 05-15-2002, 07:45 PM   #10
iamsparticuz

No luck with ebay. Only place i found with m3's on a 4d 98+ was nopi and that was for like 180 i think?.

Ive tried everywhere...