.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2002, 11:14 PM   #1
HeartbreakerP

Used 1991 Honda Accord Ex-R (Canadian Version)

When I first got this car, I thought it was so cool. Originally i wanted a teg, but after a while, the style, the extra room I really took a liking to my car. People always talk about making a twelve second car, but to me, living in Canada where cops are everywhere now and them being strict about speed limits. I don't really care about having such a fast car. Then I started reading boards such as hondastyle.com I thought it was cool that I could drop a H22 into my car and make it pretty decent. So, there begun my journey to saving up for my H22. But goddamn, its been 3 years and i've already spent more on this car than its actually worth and still no H22. Everytime I finally save up for something, something goes wrong and I have to fix it. Everthing is practically new in there, except the damn engine. Sometimes, i feel like driving the car into a damn brick wall ~!
Old 04-21-2002, 11:21 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah why don't you test the airbags with it ?

the car is 11 years old what do u want from it ? a GM or a ford will quit in the first 6 years. Plus your harsh weather makes it hard on the car. i live in Cleveland and i feel it on my skin

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 11:21 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Lol, if you've replaced a bunch of parts minus the engine, you know what to go for next. How many miles are on it?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 11:24 PM   #4
HeartbreakerP

Hahahha, sorry, I just had to vent, but damn. It got 218'000 miles on it. Its just that I had plans, like i wanted a body kit, some performance parts, a new paint job. Its not like I don't save. But when I do have cash, something goes wrong, and it costs everything that I saved up for. Just gets annoying at time.
Old 04-21-2002, 11:29 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Wow.... 218k on it? I say save up for a newer car. I don't think I'd mod it too heavily.

Old 04-21-2002, 11:33 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartbreakerP
But when I do have cash, something goes wrong, and it costs everything that I saved up for.

don't save up and nothing will go wrong. i started doing this last summer and i swear everything works fine

Old 04-21-2002, 11:39 PM   #7
HeartbreakerP

I feel the sad part is, I don't have time to learn how to fix my car. However, everytime I go to mechanics, something new goes wrong. I kinda wonder are they doing this on purpose =P Personally, I want a new car, and paying for the new car isn't the problem. I don't know about the rest of you, but how you guys pay for insurance. Before I got the Honda Accord, I was about to get a 1996 Prelude, then I discovered it was $9000 a year Canadian (what's like like .02 cents american =P). There are all these obstacles in getting another car which really doesn't make it worth it.
Old 04-21-2002, 11:53 PM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

As for insurance, Accords are great on that. I was looking for a lude also and my insurance company wanted $300+/month. I was only 19 at the time though.

It really is worth getting a new car for you though. Why dump money into something that's not really worth anything (When I say not worth anything, I mean as far as selling it goes. We all know our cars are worth it to us )

Old 04-22-2002, 12:06 AM   #9
HeartbreakerP

I wish I had a 5th gen Accord rather than a 4th. 5th gen Accords look so much more modern. If I had a 5th, I don't think I'd sell it. Hahahaha, i'd always stare when I see 5th gens around and think, "if only I had that." I am thinking of selling my 4th gen accord this summer. Only problems is finding another car. On a side note, i love 6th gen Accords more =P but that's my opinion
Old 04-22-2002, 12:33 AM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Well, if you like the 5th and 6th gens, I'd say either get a 94-95 and drop an H22A in it, or get a 6th gen and leave the engine for now. I really would consider getting a newer car though.

Old 04-23-2002, 10:35 AM   #11
ShEaNy

well man i too have a 91 accord and i just hit 100 000 K this weekend which is damn good for 11 years old.. i keep this thing in good shape all i gota do is take car of the rust and paint, and i'm good.. i hope u start having better luck with ur car. cause i think 91's are great accords.. i just like the style of em.
Don't give up .... buying a new car might cost u more money then u think.. and u can't really soup it cause ur paying it off.. i mean if u don't have the cash on u..its up to u..thats my 2 cents (canadian) LOL
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 10:56 AM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
well man i too have a 91 accord and i just hit 100 000 K this weekend which is damn good for 11 years old.. i keep this thing in good shape all i gota do is take car of the rust and paint, and i'm good.. i hope u start having better luck with ur car. cause i think 91's are great accords.. i just like the style of em.
Don't give up .... buying a new car might cost u more money then u think.. and u can't really soup it cause ur paying it off.. i mean if u don't have the cash on u..its up to u..thats my 2 cents (canadian) LOL

don't tell me you drive it just to the church and back

yeah my 92 has some rust and i'll talke care of it. MAACO is gonna cut and weld it, and for the paint i have a frined who is gonn do it. i just have to give him the paint.

Old 04-23-2002, 11:36 AM   #13
ShEaNy

i'm going to some college to get it done body work and whole paint job 600$$ and i'll make sure its done right.. or heads will roll.. hehe
Old 04-23-2002, 11:37 AM   #14
ShEaNy

oh ya i don't go to church! the old person who had it before i bought it did lol..