.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #1
nonovurbizniz

100sq ft of b-quite down... 100 more to go?

Well shit. I finally used up ALL the 100 sq ft. of sound deadening I had bought. It covered the ENTIRE trunk top and bottom and sides (actually I didn't do the insides of the quater panels), The entire floor of the passenger compartment and 90% of whats under the rear seat, AND the passenger side rear section upto the rear window. w/o the inside of the quater panel done.

SO I still have basically ALL of the passenger compartment from the floor up to do... AND it's all only got one layer...

I may just abandon the 2 layer idea... I'll end up with like 300sq ft of dynamat in there.

It's DEFINATELY quiter though but it's VERY directional... IE it VERY obvious that the doors and sides are not done...

And it made the bass REDICULOUSLY louder on the inside and quiter on the outside.

Another problem guaging the difference for me has been my exhaust leak is getting worse and my tranny started whinning in the middle of doing it.

But anyway... I feel it was worth in I'm prob. gunna order another 50ft roll and see what that gets done... then I'm prob. just gunna use the spray from there out.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmm, i think i might do that to the trunk of the leggy. i hate license plate rattles. where did u get it from ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Ive been wanting to mat my car for so long...but I always get sidetracked (easily) into something else
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
nonovurbizniz

It's funny... the one thing that EVERYONE notices is the doors... which is really funny becuase I havent' done them yet... the interior being all matted though has completely changed the tone of the door closing... sounds MUCH more solid now... and as I said haven't even done the doors yet.

I got it on EBAY not even realizing I was ordering it factory direct... The company is called b-quiet and my contact's name is Wade...

Wade

--
B-Quiet Sound Deadening Materials
http://www.b-quiet.com/
877-7-B-QUIET (877-727-8438)
auctions@b-quiet.com

He was a dream to deal with sent me a free sample pack of all their materials. Only complaint was the shipping was slow but it was from canada and I knew that before it shipped so I'm sure I could've payed extra to have it shipped faster.

I believe it was about 225 shipped for 100sq ft.

I'll be ordering another 50ft roll soon... If anyone's interested I can talk to him about shipping one to me an one to someone else so we get the lower 100sq ft price.

For the LP it's REDICULOUS I mean you literally just put some on the back of the plate and in my case the back of the LP area and the rattle disappears.

I'm very impressed with how easily it goes down and even how easy it comes up if you put it on wrong. It molds really easy, and works well.

Only real bitch is that it is freaking MESSY... I ruined damn near EVERY pair of pants I have with tar... but that's my own fault for not laying something down over the exposed edges.

Over all very happy but suprised by how much I'll need. Also it's not very heavy at all... I mean the 2 50ft rolls prob didn't weight much more than 30-40lbs.