Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2004, 03:56 PM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Kinda out of control

Seriously, this post-whore thing is getting out of control with some of you guys.
Making a thread showing that youve whored the entire board? Come on now...thats ridiculous.
Many MANY topics are getting WAAAY off topic too. Its one thing to jog a little, but not entirely change the subject and start conversations. If you really wanna talk about something outside the topic, either PM or make a new thread about it.

I really think that its out of hand.
Im not going to name names, but I think those that are doing it already know who they are.

Replying to a topic is one thing, but just replying because something is there is just dumb. Posts that are solid 1 liners, and only smilies....come on guys. If its a joke thread, sure alright, I can understand that. But at least try to make full complete sentences and have some thought behind the posts.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:25 PM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

All hail Pat. I'm sick of that shit too man. So much bullshit that drowns out logical thoughts. I don't take shit too seriously, but even for me it's out of hand.

Oh...and if you don't name names I will because my inbox is full of replies from people who just shouldn't have posted every little thought (or lack thereof) they happened to have.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:02 PM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

2nd official warning. I WILL be deleting all useless posts. This has now been brough up in the mods section twice. If you want to keep it up, go ahead. I have no problems deleting any posts.
As Trev said it
Quote:
Didn't this used to be a car forum?

So come on guys. Enough's enough!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:44 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I guess I'll chime in as well. We've brought this up between us mods more than once now, and other times in the past.

Yes, the OT section is there for off topic posts that don't belong in other sections, but this board is turning into a joke. I personally would like to see it turn back into a car forum. I don't want to eliminate OT, but I'd like to see some actual technical threads surface every now and then.

Like Derek and Pat said, we'll be deleting those posts that are 100% worthless from now on. That shouldn't stop you from posting in OT, but just think a little bit first. Not pointing fingers at anyone, this is just a warning for the future.

Trevor

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:47 PM   #5
Kyle
elyK

It's really not gonna turn back into a car forum unless new peeps come in with questions...We've hardly had ANY new people that have stayed around in the last year.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:53 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
It's really not gonna turn back into a car forum unless new peeps come in with questions...We've hardly had ANY new people that have stayed around in the last year.

I don't think that's necessarily true. You don't have any car questions? Nobody else does either? I'm sure that more technical questions could be asked if some of the members tried.

Old 10-22-2004, 06:57 PM   #7
Kyle
elyK

What i said is true, only to a certain extent though, i guess...we doo need some new meat in here, but we also need more current members poppin questions/answers too. you're right

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-22-2004, 07:31 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well think about it this way. If it was exclusively a car forum, then where would people like me go? I don't own a Honda and don't have a huge enthusiasm for them. That said I love the people here. I will emphatically agree that the shit's out of hand, but instead of doing a 180, I think having everyone tone it down would suffice.

I also notice none of the offenders in question have chimed in here. Wonder why that is.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-22-2004, 07:53 PM   #9
mavaaoife

Point taken.. Ill tone it down...

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:56 PM   #10
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

I think people are whore'n up the boards because of lack of activity and good conversations/questions.It seems like no new members have been joining,I havent even welcomed anyone in the "new kid on the block" forum in awhile now.i admit that i post one liners every so often,mainly on joke threads.I think if the website was updated more and the submit your ride thing worked more people would join.I mean it seems like they could delete some of the pics from members who have been inactive for like a year or two.just my 2 cents.
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:01 PM   #11
mavaaoife

I noticed the main page hasnt been updated in along time.. and honestly stuff like that IS why I get bored and make up stupid stuff to post. We cant post on new stuff if theres no new stuff to post.... Just a thought...

Old 10-22-2004, 08:02 PM   #12
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Well think about it this way. If it was exclusively a car forum, then where would people like me go? I don't own a Honda and don't have a huge enthusiasm for them. That said I love the people here. I will emphatically agree that the shit's out of hand, but instead of doing a 180, I think having everyone tone it down would suffice.

I hear ya. That's why we don't want to eliminate OT. I'm sure that you still have loads of knowledge to add around here as well though. But toning it down is all we want...

In fact, you're one of the best OT posters that we have. For the most part, you take the time to post thought-provoking posts, which is great.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:07 PM   #13
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by RxGoaT13
I think people are whore'n up the boards because of lack of activity and good conversations/questions.

Dude...if you want substance, I'll post away because I've got tons of ideas swirling around the thunder bucket that is my brain. Why don't I? Because for the most part people here don't want that. Any time I try to post anything that takes some sort of thought, it gets ignored. I will always site the time I posted a thread about my feelings on geo-political issues and how were making a mess of things...it got 6 replies. Yet the thread I started as a joke about masturbation has grown to the almost legendary proportions of 90 pages and 1300+ posts. My point? Most people here don't want substance unless it's neatly packaged into things that don't take thought.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:11 PM   #14
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mycivicjust8u
I noticed the main page hasnt been updated in along time.. and honestly stuff like that IS why I get bored and make up stupid stuff to post. We cant post on new stuff if theres no new stuff to post.... Just a thought...

We're working on that. Kalvin's really busy, but hopefully the front page will be updated soon.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:30 PM   #15
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I will always site the time I posted a thread about my feelings on geo-political issues and how were making a mess of things...it got 6 replies. Yet the thread I started as a joke about masturbation has grown to the almost legendary proportions of 90 pages and 1300+ posts.

lol,good point.
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:52 PM   #16
Kyle
elyK

I don't think we really need to slow down our posting...just lean more towards the topic of the site which is honda tuning. We need to even out the playing field a bit.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 10-22-2004, 09:06 PM   #17
MissJDM

yet I still wonder why the female's section is so boring. =/ I posted a thread strictly for the ladies to list their rides..i try to make conversation in regards to THEIR cars..yet no one responds.

I even asked PAT, and he "rocks"..yet he didn't even have an answer for me :(

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:46 AM   #18
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

A few of us mods are trying believe us. The thing that pisses me off the most is the posts of "" and that's it...USELESS garbage. One board I belong to if you post in OT, your post count doesn't rise. I Like that idea. I haven't had a ride updated on the first page in god knows how long. I used to add all the rides. ANd I would like to see them coming. We've also talked about updating the servers (I think) and going to a newer version of the message board. Things will turn around. Just going to take a while

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 10-23-2004, 09:12 PM   #19
mavaaoife

The rides section doesnt work.. ive tried to post my ride several times.. didnt work.. not thats its anythign wonderful yet.. but still

Old 10-23-2004, 09:52 PM   #20
drdingo21

I was under the impression that the Off topic board was for just that.

Are the other forums off topic?
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:25 PM   #21
MissJDM

Obviously it's for OT discussion, but seriously, look around... estimate OT / car tech ratio.

Not so appealing.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:46 PM   #22
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by drdingo21
I was under the impression that the Off topic board was for just that.

Are the other forums off topic?

Well...there's the "General Discussion" section. Everything else is topic-specific, I believe.

Old 10-24-2004, 01:15 PM   #23
CD5Passion

so it sounds like this site might be going into a state of reform, which is good. I will admit that I haven't had the most productive posts recently and that's only because the lack of actual honda or even car related topics. The accord section is just dead and I've tried to bring the SouthEastern section back a few times but nothing ever happens.
also I haven't been able to update my ride profile (picture or whatever "submit your ride") for god knows how long.
I love this board more than any other, I've gone and registered at AccordTuners.com and v6performance.net and I just got irritated because most of the people at AT were incredibly cocky and arrogant. HS has always had the most respectable people (for the most part)

I missed this post earlier or I would've thrown in my 2 cents a lot earlier. I agree this board as a whole has derailed from what it used to be. and the fact that I've seen the same name and date on the "welcome" section for so long doesn't help any.
we need some advertising , I'm doing what I can by sporting the HStuners.com sticker, what other things can be done?
Old 10-24-2004, 01:22 PM   #24
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

off topic is for topics not pertaining to something not car specific.

its kinda turned into turn the topic to something off topic.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:19 AM   #25
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:44 PM   #26
mavaaoife

Is the main page going to be updated any time soon? The Rides part of it still doesnt work...

Old 12-20-2004, 10:55 PM   #27
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Mycivicjust8u
Is the main page going to be updated any time soon? The Rides part of it still doesnt work...

There will be no main page soon enough

Old 12-21-2004, 09:29 AM   #28
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

there is no main page now. just type www.hstuners.com and it will take you to the forum

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 03:39 PM   #29
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
there is no main page now. just type www.hstuners.com and it will take you to the forum

Tha'ts what I though...