::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2003, 08:32 AM   #1
CD5Passion

remove seat?

my friend and I tried to figure out how to remove my center console and other various random plastic parts but it seems to me that I may have to go so far as to removing the seats to get to some of the screws, is this the case or am I just slow? btw if you don't know already I have a 96 EX
also as a side note I beleive I have figured out how to remove the dash, the plastic part that has the climate controls and covers the gauges, and to get to the last screws I think I have to remove the glovebox...if anyone else knows about doing this then please tell me if I'm correct or not because it weill be a pain to remove to box so I don't want to do it unless I really have to thanks
Old 08-01-2003, 05:05 AM   #2
rakugaki

hmmm, i donno if its the same procedure as a 94, but you gotta start from the center box (center armrest) and work your way up to the front.

lets see, for the center console box, take everything out, and you'll see a hatch, pry it up with a flat head screw driver and you'll see two screws, unscrew, then lift up the cup holder, theres a screw not below the cup holder, but angled towards the shifter, remove that, and lift the part over the e-brake, thats part 1.

next you need to take out the trim, thats two screws you'll see after you take out the center box, then take out the ash tray, theres a screw holding the trim, unscrew, you should be able to pull it out, there's clips that hold it in place. thats another part.

the center console panels (around the radio) can be taken off next. but you need to access the screws which are covered by the panels under the steering wheel and glove box. theres only one screw to remove and thats under the coin tray after you pull it out, then you pull the rest of the panel out. note: if you have "Prolock" (cmputer chip key you insert before you start your car) then you need to unscrew that from the panel. Start from the bottom and pull, then the top shold come out. the screws will be visible there, then just open the glove box, bingo more screws. then you can pull the rest out.

you're right about the dash console, you need to take out the knobs and the defogger button but first and formost, you needed to follow the instructions above to get the other three screws under the dash console, then you can pull the sucker out. Theres also two screws above the instrument gauges and one in the left side, so six in total.

if you want to take out the seats just for the hell of it, pry the covers off the foots to reveal the bolts, then scoot the seat forwards to reveal the back ones, 4 in total.

there, you're interior is hashed out ;D
ya its troublesome, when i put everything back, i didnt put back all the screws unless i needed them (thank you clips!) i drove around with the driverside seat missing and most of that stuff, it was fun...for a while.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:36 AM   #3
pimpinprelude

uhh y are u doing this to your car?
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 11:16 AM   #4
CD5Passion

ok so me and friend got adventorous and we got it all off, I no longer have a center console and the plastic in the dash is gone, everything is still hooked up and I have control to the air and sunroof and cdplayer so it's all good
it tooks us under and hour and it was fun..
future plans:
black vinyl center console
paint cup holder lid (red)
paint ashtray on back of armrest (red)
paint center console plastic peice (red)
dash plastic (red)
shouldn't cost more than 130 to get professionally painted
Old 08-03-2003, 08:53 PM   #5
pimpinprelude

o i c your getting it painted... well thats coool
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 11:03 PM   #6
CD5Passion

next paycheck it will be painted, meanwhile i'm driving around with no dash or center console
Old 08-21-2003, 11:10 PM   #7
92H22Accord

while you have that stuff out, you should weigh each piece and post all the items and their weights so that those of us who look for every way to lighten up our cars can get an idea of what would really benefit us by removing it beforehand. I'm gonna post the weights of parts i take out of my 92 accord eventually.