Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2003, 04:11 PM   #1
iceman

exhaust opinions

lookin for exhaust for civic si
* maximum power gains
* not much louder than stock
* good ground clearence and good fitment are my requirements.
* prefer jap exhaust
hks hiper and drager, buddy club 3, apex world sport and n1 and type 1

opinions on these especially if people have em (mugen and spoon to expensive so forget them)
Old 06-24-2003, 04:13 PM   #2
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

buddy club........ one word.... or two. they pwn.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 04:15 PM   #3
iceman

pwn ? new to this forum stuff.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:50 PM   #4
BtlFedHatch

He is saying that Buddy Club, owns or is top of the game.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:56 PM   #5
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

oh yea sorry bout that, thats U.S. gamer l337 h4>< talk yo.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 09:32 PM   #6
trabadoor22

If you want the exhaust not much louder than stock then I wouldn't recommend any of those. I would check out the Mugen twin loop exhaust to see if they have one for your car. It's exspensive, but very quiet. Also may want to look into the Greddy exhaust. Just curious, what year si do you have?
Old 06-24-2003, 10:16 PM   #7
sohc_vtec 2NR

if you want not much louder than exhaust then i'd also suggest the greddy evo!! i just got mine installed today and it sounds really nice! if your just crusin the sound will hardly be noticeable, i say my aem intake made more noise...but you can hear it once you get on it...it has a nice deep tone to it
Old 06-25-2003, 01:08 AM   #8
wheresmylicense

what does everyone say about custom made, that is having a shop bend the pipe and then buying a muffler?

Pictures of My Baby
wheresmylicense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 03:53 AM   #9
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

^custom made is good...but it depends on the quality of the work.

if you want max power and not much louder than stock get a mugen twin loop...or DC's copy of that (although I havent heard one yet). Super quiet and good power
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 04:10 AM   #10
iceman

ive got 97 vti hatchback (closest to u.s version is 99 si coupe which is why i mentioned it). has b16a as standard. both mugen and spoon do 1 for mine but too expensive. gonna try and find info on that dc copy mentioned and greddy. prefer 1 that has jap (diameter 2.5 inch i think) cause already have ek9 header to go on. like i said i want the most power with little noise. dont mind rumble etc when you hit vtec.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:39 AM   #11
iceman

been to greddy and dc sites.

dc - twin loop syle - says quite yet efficient and awesome sounding. i gather this means its not that loud but dont know what that means regards power.

normal catback- says designed 2 to make power and aggresive sound without being buzzy". i guess this means its loud but has good gains.

greddy evo - gives idea its not that loud but doesnt give much away about power gains.

man, the more ya look into this shit the more complex it gets.

anyway guys, keep the info comin especially pics and sound clips and dyno results.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:47 AM   #12
andy_reynold28

ICEMAN- ive heard Powerflow are quite good...they weld you up any style exhaust in about an hour, on the garage floor. lol only joking, i don't think they have ever heard of the word Quality!!
anyway
But im also having a nightmare trying to get an exhaust for my EJ2 Coupe. I wanted a Greddy evo but, on the UK roads it just won't last, and will rust away in no time. plus they only make it for EX coupes not DX (1.5 UK coupes)
Old 06-25-2003, 09:04 AM   #13
iceman

found a ost before about greddy evo rusting. no way it would last on our roads with all that salt and rain. are you after any specific exhaust or just top quality. some places in u.k have titanium ones brought in from japan for example but you pay for this hence why im tryin to find exhaust i want and the get it myself from either jpan or u.s to save a lot of money.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:05 AM   #14
seanjuan

I'm in the same boat for exhaust right now and I'm seriously considering having a shop bend one up for me. Who has a custom exhaust out there, where did you get it, how much did you pay, and how is it holding up, etc....

Andy- if the exhaust states that it is for the EX it should still fit the DX model. I switched the exhaust system on my 92 4dr LX with my friend who has a 96 HX coupe and they fit perfect so it shouldn't matter, but don't get mad at me if they end up being different. I'd say find an EX in a parkinglot somewhere and slide under the car and look at the exhaust yourself to see.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:35 AM   #15
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by iceman
found a ost before about greddy evo rusting. no way it would last on our roads with all that salt and rain. are you after any specific exhaust or just top quality. some places in u.k have titanium ones brought in from japan for example but you pay for this hence why im tryin to find exhaust i want and the get it myself from either jpan or u.s to save a lot of money.

well i don't think you would save a lot of money first of all. the exhausts here might look like they are cheaper but thing about all the shipping charges. you might as well stick with the ones that you find in the UK.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:23 PM   #16
andy_reynold28

There are No ex's in the UK, only the DX got imported to the UK. so i cant look.
Im after quality that will last, and that smooth deep Greddy sound and look.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:32 PM   #17
iceman

dc emailed me back. no twin loop for my car but normal 92-95 civic will fit. dont really want this though cause its loud.

i know shipping is expensive but still works out cheaper if ya get a good deal.

also been lookin into hks hiper. was set on it cause lot of people said it wasnt loud but then found post of people sayin it was. anyone info on this exhaust and the difference between hiper and drager.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:57 PM   #18
seanjuan

andy, what year is your car? my roomate has a 95 EX sedan and I have a 92 LX sedan and our exhausts are the same.

also, the only difference between the 6th gen exhaust and the 5th gen is the location of the cat. the 6th gen has the cat on the b pipe and the 5th's have the cat between the b pipe and the mid section pipe. when i swapped my exhaust with my friend who had the 96 HX I had to give him my cat in order for my exhaust to fit his car and now I don't have a cat because the 6th gen midsection pipe is the same as the 5th gen midsection plus a cat.

hopefully that isn't too confusing
good luck
Old 06-26-2003, 04:33 PM   #19
andy_reynold28

Its 95 coupe.
had a look at the Skunk2 mega racer (or something like that) i like the look of it. dunno what the gains if any are like or the sound?
also Iceman i found a company called Longlife. www.exhausts.uk.com. seem quite good.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:58 PM   #20
seanjuan

Andy,
any 92-95 coupe/sedan exhaust should fit your car fine. If you want to get rid of your cat then pick up a 6th gen coupe exhaust. I'd stay away from Thermal R&D, I loved the sound of the exhaust and it looked good but it didn't fit my car right, didn't fit my buddy's 96HX coupe right either. And believe me it WAS the right exhaust, Thermal lists it as working for a 4dr and I checked the part numbers 20 times.

good luck
Old 06-26-2003, 07:03 PM   #21
SeoulJaGirl

i guess no one else wants a 5zigen... anyway, i doubt it'll help much, but there's a place out here that is willing to do custom piping. i know two guys that went there for their cars (old MR2 and a 00 civic DX HB) both seemed pretty happy with the work. the only problem is neither of them are in possession of their cars anymore, so i can't tell ya how the piping is holding up. i've been told most muffler shops are willing to do piping. but what do i know
Old 06-27-2003, 03:42 AM   #22
RavingCivic

may i suggest a RS*R exhaust
i have spoken to them in CALI and am told that they are ALMOST as QUIET as Stock, ie if u have Intake it is a hell of a lot louder. they equal hp gains in comaprison to most exhausts.

Hyper doesnt sound as good as EVo or Thermal *i am told*
ad BUDDY CLUB is one of the LOUDEST freaking Exhuasts on market. i spoke to a rep for BC and was told that they are near 105 db or so, the design is like straight back from CAT to Muffler. ie No bends. I may be wrong for ur car, but i was told that they run Straight back. i have seen pics as well *but i may be rembering another exhuast*

SOme0ne correct me if i am wrong please

if u want HP gains GET a Header with the Exhaust. and Get a Good ONe. Ie Dc sports or LandSpeed Racing PowerCore

Dan
Old 06-27-2003, 04:45 AM   #23
iceman

ive already got jdn ek9 header to go on. may look into rsr but know nothing. any links to them. believe 5zigen are loud as well.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:52 AM   #24
sohc_vtec 2NR

any exhaust with an N1 design is loud as hell! highway cruisin' with an n1 exhaust is irritating, a friend of mine has an apexi n1 on his celica and it is loud as hell...i guess it sounds nice but not for long drives..