::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Photo Exchange
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2003, 04:04 PM   #1
Smokd187

My 2 Rides

Here's a pic of my 2 rides. The one on the left is a 72 Porsche 914 (which I got when i was 15) and the other is my POS Honda, I am forced to drive the Honda, which sucks but its ok. The car isnt lowered anymore. If you want the springs or have springs you would want to trade E-mail me.

Old 05-11-2003, 04:50 PM   #2
Operatic

wait? you have 2 cars..... yet you're forced to drive the accord? why again? i'd be pimpin that old school porsche !
Old 05-11-2003, 05:12 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

why don't you like the accord ? i think it's one of the fun family sedans on the road, and that body style is pimp

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:56 PM   #4
Operatic

i don't mind the accord at all. i think the 94-97 are nice looking cars. but that porsche 914 is how do you say.... needs a different color but its a nice car none the less =P
Old 05-11-2003, 09:13 PM   #5
Smokd187

It was really my mom that forced it, I drove the Porsche for a little over a year, due to it being "un-safe", which is horseshit. I liked driving the car when it was lowered but I'm not going to go into that story. Since it is not lowered anymore I do not like driving it, it's okay but I'd rather drive the Porsche. and to let you know that the paint on the Porsche is original from 1972 and its bad-ass. Orange is a racing color and you never see it unless it is on a 90s Rust-ang or a Lambo or another Porsche. It's a blast to drive especially when I take the top off.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:17 PM   #6
Civic98

nice rides ....
Old 05-11-2003, 10:31 PM   #7
juvenile

orange is a very exotic color that goes with exotic cars. I think it matches it very well.
Nice cars dude!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 11:20 PM   #8
pauls-si

Sweet 914....
Old 05-12-2003, 09:48 AM   #9
ShEaNy

nice cars man....y isnt the acord lowered anymore....it looks nice
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 11:08 AM   #10
Smokd187

The reason why it is not lowered is because of dumb ass ****ing cops, not just cops S.R.O.'s (Student Resource Officers). The 2 at my high school, which was brand new, were veterans on the force for 20 years. They knew every statute possible, so since my car was lowered it broke the legal limit of your headlights (actually the lightbulb) being 24 inches from the ground. They said they would give me "fix-it" tickets everyday my car was lowered and this was in September so I couldn't wait til I graduated in May to get the tickets which are $47 I think. So I had to raise it. My one friend actually got arrested about this matter since he didnt give the SRO his license, cause he thought it was gay too.

Its royally gay, since a shit load of cars around Orlando are lowered and I was the one that had to raise it since it was my only way of transportation cause I couldn't drive the Porsche anymore. In total I spent almost $2K to lower and raise my car. Mostly labor in the cost. So I hate cops, they can go to hell, but I plan on lowering it again this summer. I just don't want to spend a lot of money doing it, at least i still have all my shit.

Any help on where to get my car lowered (parts to be installed) for cheap help me ou. I live in Central FLorida

Peace
Old 05-12-2003, 01:01 PM   #11
ShEaNy

how is it lowered ..coil overs? springs? its soo easy to do it urself...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 01:39 PM   #12
Smokd187

I'm not worried about the installation ofthe springs its just the camber kit thats all, and i want the sport springs, i have race springs but want the sport ones
Old 05-13-2003, 07:30 AM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Wow, thats a lot of money for suspension installs!

Nice cars.. Especially the 914!

Whats the story about it not being safe? Is it more legal BS?
Old 05-13-2003, 07:50 AM   #14
Smokd187

Glass Windshield, no retractable seatbelts, NO front engine, smaller than a miata (maybe), no ABS (but 4 wheel discs ). My mom is more worried about other drivers hitting me than me causing the wreck and peolpe suck at driving in Orlando, and you who live there know it

Looks like there is hope though, I just joined PCA (Porsche Club of America) and they have insurance for "Show Cars" and "Collectibles" so I might be able to drive it again sometime soon, depends on the Impact and plate fee for Florida for those kind of cars, I'm checking tomorrow about that. Otherwise it would cost about $1400 for insurance a year w/ no collision for me, if I go with the other insurance its like 300 a year or less. But I can only drive it like 3K mi. a year, but I'll only take it out 2 nights a week until I go back to school
Old 05-13-2003, 10:11 AM   #15
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Good luck!

Its gotta suck having a 914 sitting there and not being able to drive it.:o
Old 05-13-2003, 01:26 PM   #16
pbateson

Smokd187, why u buy a Porsche?

The insuriance is very expersive for the Porsche. :o

Do you drive your accord a lot?
Old 05-13-2003, 02:09 PM   #17
Smokd187

I got the 914 for FREE from my uncle who is loaded out the ass. My parents got me the Accord on a whim, I was lookng at 300ZX's and some teg GS-R's but it was more their choice then mine when they decided to buy it since my mom wanted the 914 OFF the street The Accord is my daily driver. If I get the insurance for the 914 (about $250-300 a year), I'm only gonna use it for Concours, Rally's and Autocross w/ the PCA Club.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:38 PM   #18
Ty's Si

I could have sworn I passed you on highway 301 in Sarasota today at around 5:30 p.m.

Passed an Accord that looked EXACTLY like yours.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:25 PM   #19
Smokd187

We go 301 and get on 75 by the outlet mall from Manatee Ave and we usually take my moms car which is a 98 V6 Accord 2dr