.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2003, 12:30 PM   #1
HondaTypeJ

Being single blows...

Hello fine ladies of HondaStyle, I thought I would stop by and share my woes...Why cant I land a decent relationship where girls dont get too attached and obsessive? I dont like being single ladies, all my friends have a significant other (even my gay room mate has a man, lol). Help me out here, I need the ladies advice. Dont get me wrong guys, your advice helps too (kind of...well...) but I need something more than "Hit that shit" and "Let's go out and score some major ass tonight"...
Old 03-09-2003, 04:47 PM   #2
mt.biker

Mate I dont think any internet advice is going to help you find that person you connect with. If you are really interested in finding "her" then you need to get out there and meet new people. Or look around the group of girls you know now and figure out if you're over looking something.

There are no easy answers, if it was easy to find that special someone this wouldn't be such a big problem.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:27 PM   #3
HNDAGRL

I bet your young so you have plenty of time to find someone thats right.As for girls being too attached and obsessive then I would re-think the next girl you want to be in a relationship with and get to know her and hopefully she won't "need" you so much.Also a girl needs some attention sometimes, but not so much as she would get totally attached like never wants to leave you alone type thing.And like Mt.Biker said, go out and meet new people.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:16 PM   #4
mt.biker

now that I think about it.... you know whats worse then being single? Being bored out of yuor mind!!! OMG!
Old 03-10-2003, 06:01 PM   #5
SofaKingSmooth

i am now living in the south and i am tired of this whole one night kinda thing i wish that there was a girl around here that would e more in to the relationship kinda thing..... isnt it the guys that should be the dogs?
Old 03-10-2003, 06:45 PM   #6
HNDAGRL

Quote:
Originally posted by SofaKingSmooth
i am now living in the south and i am tired of this whole one night kinda thing i wish that there was a girl around here that would e more in to the relationship kinda thing..... isnt it the guys that should be the dogs?

I am now living in the south...I know what you mean about the girls...I'm not from the south so I'm not one of them the guys seem the same (I want to just meet a guy that wants a relationship and no games involved), if I meet a nice guy their ususally not from here.
I thought guys are the ones who want to be single and girls want to have the whole relationship thing going on...I guess it just depends...seems like too many guys get hurt and then when the next girl comes along they want to be a jerk/player even if she's totally respectable and great.I meet too many guys that have been torn apart by their ex's that it drives me crazy to why someone who cares about you would either lie, cheat, or just be plain mean...I wish this wouldn't happen like I said the next girl that comes along has to fix a broken heart and it sucks because the guy is worried about caring about someone else incase they might do this to them.So for you ladies that step all over your men, don't ruin it for the next person!
Old 03-11-2003, 01:57 PM   #7
HondaTypeJ

I have been there. I have been totally crushed by a gurl and right after that my guard went right up toward the next gurl. It sux to have to constantly think "Will she do it to me?" "Can I really trust her?" etc...
Old 03-11-2003, 02:02 PM   #8
HondaTypeJ

Dont get me wrong, I go out and meet new people but I guess I am looking in the wrong places because the ones I meet are only into like one night things. My gurl friends tell me that it is rare to find a guy like myself who IS looking for an acutal relationship. But going back to meeting one night gurls, I meet them a clubs, and places like that...
Old 03-11-2003, 02:04 PM   #9
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Well said HNDAGRL...

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 02:27 PM   #10
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I like being single! I'm still young and I have the rest of my life to spend with someone. I just want to have fun meeting new people and flirting with guys (but I'm not one of those one night stand kind of girls )and hanging out with my friends while I still can. When the time comes it will, but until then I'm gonna make the best of what's around!
Old 03-11-2003, 05:57 PM   #11
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
I like being single! I'm still young and I have the rest of my life to spend with someone. I just want to have fun meeting new people and flirting with guys (but I'm not one of those one night stand kind of girls )and hanging out with my friends while I still can. When the time comes it will, but until then I'm gonna make the best of what's around!

I dunno whats worse... being single... or being single and only meeting ****ing flirts. Personally I'm sick of this single life....
Old 03-11-2003, 09:47 PM   #12
DsBlu01CivEX

I'm with Erin on this one. I'm soooo not stressin over the fact that I'm still single. It allows me to concentrate more on my schoooling, work, and "saving" money to pay off bills and what not. It also allows me to go out and have a hella good time with my friends and yes flirt with any guy that I want to flirt with. It's the one thing I do well (and I'm NOT one of those whorish 1 night stand girls as the "regulars" on here know). It's fun to flirt and harmless....Everyone always says that looking in bars and clubs for a significant other is a bad idea....looking anywhere for a significant other is a bad idea. You just gotta roll with life and make the best of everything that is thrown your way. Things happen for a reason, learn to deal with it and you won't even notice being single and being "lonely".

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 07:25 AM   #13
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
I dunno whats worse... being single... or being single and only meeting ****ing flirts. Personally I'm sick of this single life....

Yeah, well, sorry about your luck

Besides, how else are we going to impress the other person if we don't flirt a little.

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 03-12-2003 at 07:29 AM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 08:50 AM   #14
spoogenet

Quote:
Besides, how else are we going to impress the other person if we don't flirt a little.

Just be yourself. If that's not enough then the relationship will never work.

Too many people try to impress others.

I don't think single life is that bad. I've been single for a long time now, but really it just depends on your priorities in life. Sure I'd like to find a good girl who I can have a nice, meaningful relationship with. Nothing would make me happier than truly being in love, but realistically speaking the chances of me finding a soul mate anytime soon is pretty damn slim.

By being single I'm able to save some money and concentrate on me, the most important person in my life. I'm learning more about myself in my singledom than I ever learned in a relationship. I feel that I'll be better prepared for a relationship later than sooner.

b
Old 03-12-2003, 10:47 AM   #15
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:

Ok, I'll rephrase that....How else are we going to let the other person know we're interested in them.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:49 AM   #16
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
I don't think single life is that bad. I've been single for a long time now, but really it just depends on your priorities in life. Sure I'd like to find a good girl who I can have a nice, meaningful relationship with. Nothing would make me happier than truly being in love, but realistically speaking the chances of me finding a soul mate anytime soon is pretty damn slim.

By being single I'm able to save some money and concentrate on me, the most important person in my life. I'm learning more about myself in my singledom than I ever learned in a relationship. I feel that I'll be better prepared for a relationship later than sooner.

b

By the way, very well said!
Old 03-12-2003, 11:31 AM   #17
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
Just be yourself.

When I flirt I'm not trying to impress the person I'm flirting with. I'm subtly trying to let them know I'm interested. Sometimes though this gets me into trouble cuz I naturally flirt with guys, even the ones I'm just friends with and guys that I'm not interested in. It just comes out naturally. I am being myself when I flirt. Most people do it naturally and don't try to do it. The ones that have to try to flirt are extremely obvious.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 05:24 PM   #18
GirlRacer

*Rocky...maybe you should go out & yell "ADRIENNE!!!!!!" & see what happens? (haha, sorry members...inside joke)

Seriously though, I think we're given the challenges so we know what we really like so we'll grab it when it comes along. If you hadn't met these awful girls, you wouldn't know the warning signs of what to steer clear of. Ya follow?

Plus...maybe you should branch out. I'm sure there are cute girls in your area...but I'm sure there are some afar too....
Old 03-13-2003, 12:20 PM   #19
spoogenet

Round here most of the girls I see are good from afar but far from good.

b
Old 03-13-2003, 04:48 PM   #20
nonovurbizniz

walk around with your pants unzipped... you'll know you've met that someone special when instead of ignoring it or saying "your pants are unzipped" she just dives for it....
Old 03-16-2003, 03:15 PM   #21
GirlRacer

uh no
Old 03-17-2003, 02:00 PM   #22
HondaTypeJ

lol
Old 03-17-2003, 02:19 PM   #23
msvtec14

If you're "looking" for a relationship, you will never just find one. That's like sitting there and watching a pot of water boil. It takes a hell of a lot longer. And listen, don't be afraid to be picky because that just means that you know what you want and you're not just going to settle. I'm sure that I could have a BF if I wanted one but I'm picky and I'm not going to be with someone I'm not all about just for the sake of being with someone. And if you're catching weirdo vibes from someone, more than likely your instincts are right. Being single does suck at times but it's also great. I can go anywhere I want and hang out with my friends as much as I want and I don't feel guilty about not spending time with a BF