::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2002, 12:28 PM   #1
AzCivic

Help!(exhaust)

I just ordered an Apexi World sport exhaust and now I'm reading that its not really any different than the stock, is this true? Has anyone had any expierence with this exhaust? Should I keep the world sport or should I cancel my order and get a Greddy Evo.
HELP!
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 01:55 PM   #2
Honda Type R

Its a nice exhaust and its not like ur stock exhaust but u dont gain much hp like a GReddy Evo or Tanabe SRM... But they are very quiet. Also added the Evo is jus as low & deep in the lower rpm range for daily driving. But once u get past 4k rpm and screamin past Vtec it will get some what loud but retaining its deepness as GReddy is knowned by. For there street sounding exhaust but deep and throaty sound. Also if ur looking for a sleeper looking exhaust go wid GReddy SP jus as good as the Evo is. I have heard BOTH Evo and SP on ut type of civic. Plus i reelie dont like Apex i am more of a GReddy and HKS person myself. So i would go wid the Evo or SP... TRUST ME U WILL THANK ME LATER . Right now i am getting me a GReddy Evo for my 98 civic Ex... and i have heard plenty and some Si and LS's, and GSR..... all very nice sound to them all. Wen the pass me i hardly hear the exhaust..
Old 03-06-2002, 02:17 PM   #3
AzCivic

Yeah I thought Greddy was better. I might just go ahead and cancel my order and go with greddy. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2002, 02:32 PM   #4
Honda Type R

your welcome, i am jus waitin for my Evo to come in. But the place where i got it from is taken too long... Hopefully u'll get urs be4 i get mine... Peace
Old 03-06-2002, 02:36 PM   #5
AzCivic

Is there a big difference in the tip size between the Evo and SP?
Old 03-06-2002, 02:40 PM   #6
Honda Type R

hmm... Evo 4.5" Sp prolly like 3.5 to 4". The GReddy SP has that sleeper look too it . Evo is jus practically the Power Extreme but made wid an offset canister and tip for lowered cars. As for the sound the are very different. Do u live in an area wid cops pull over us import guys?
Old 03-06-2002, 02:44 PM   #7
AzCivic

I don't think there's a problem with them because there's plenty of people here with hella loud exhausts. But I don't want a headache when ever I go on a little trip. So is the Sp better for less noise (and less of a headache)?
Old 03-06-2002, 02:52 PM   #8
Honda Type R

I know alot of ppl who has the Evo and wen u are jus driving its not loud at all. i pass civic, tegs. ludes and so on. They wont give u a headache and wont mess up ur thinking while ur driving. All the ppl i knoe likes the GReddy Evo and thats y i am getting one. plus Va its pretty strict what we can do and so forth.. the Sp & Evo are both good... so u cant go wrong. the Sp is lil bit more quiet so is the evo... its all depends on ur taste
Old 03-06-2002, 02:54 PM   #9
Honda Type R

Get on ur AIM and ill help u out more if u want me too.. or jus im me at Phrozenwaterz
Old 03-06-2002, 02:57 PM   #10
AzCivic

I would but I can't download it here(at work). But you got me sold on the greddy. Thanks for the help!!!
Old 03-06-2002, 03:01 PM   #11
Honda Type R

damn that suxs.... but thas good GReddy is a very good company on exhaust.. So which one are u planning to get? Evo or SP
Old 03-06-2002, 03:04 PM   #12
AzCivic

Good question. I think I'll go with the Evo, since I plan on adding a turbo in the future.
Old 03-06-2002, 03:09 PM   #13
Honda Type R

good choice