Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 10:56 PM   #1
the_eclipse_1

The best kill story.

Okay well it's not the best sorryoh well. The other day I was driving down the road in My 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS with some pretty decent mods on it like my stage 1 turbo from Hahn Racecraft with Greddy intercooler, turbo timer, a Greddy Evo exhaust, a Jet Chip upgrade and Chikara headers thats all. Well anyway I was driving down the strip then along came a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS well he looks at my and I of course say let's go. So where going down the road probably about around 40-50 mph I start to pull in front for about another mile I stay in the lead so I decide I've beaten him turn on my flasher wave and say see you later. Then I start heading back toward my house cause I forgot my money well this where it gets really good. So I'm driving down the road not think about anything when I hear a loud thud from my engine and then another then another until my car starts to sound like a helicopter coming down the road well guess what yha thats right my engine through a rod so now it's in the shop waiting for either my warranty to cover it or I'm going to half to find a new motor. So if I do have to drop a new engine myself what do you guys think I should drop in there.

Old 09-18-2002, 11:00 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

chickara headers an turbo ? hard to believe.

Old 09-19-2002, 12:05 AM   #3
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
chickara headers an turbo ? hard to believe.

Thats what I was thinking.
Old 09-19-2002, 01:00 AM   #4
'00EX5-turbo

truely amazing! a turbo with a header?!! alright man, let me back u up, u were trying to say exhaust manifold, right?

Old 09-19-2002, 06:41 AM   #5
crx swap

LOL ...is all i can say...gotto love shit talkers....always adding amusment to the board

Old 09-19-2002, 07:20 AM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I got headers in a turbo car once..

Maybe the headers where before the Turbo.. :o
Old 09-19-2002, 12:12 PM   #7
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by crx swap
LOL ...is all i can say...gotto love shit talkers....always adding amusment to the board

Maybe he made a mistake
People common
stop always talking shit about everyone else.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

Old 09-19-2002, 12:27 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: The best kill story.

Quote:
Originally posted by the_eclipse_1
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS with some pretty decent mods on it like my stage 1 turbo from Hahn Racecraft with Greddy intercooler, turbo timer, a Greddy Evo exhaust, a Jet Chip upgrade and Chikara headers thats all.

Hopefully you made a mistake.

Build up your engine. You should've done that prior though. That Jet chip probably isn't helping either. Advanced timing is bad.....
Old 09-20-2002, 12:25 AM   #9
78 monte

Allright I'm a carburator man my self.But why can't he have headers and a Turbo???On the Buick GNs I've seen headers on um when there Twin turboed.

Old 09-20-2002, 01:06 AM   #10
'00EX5-turbo

78 monte

hmm, maybe they just look like headers, becuz the turbos have to be between the "headers"(which we call exhaust manifolds)

Old 09-21-2002, 04:51 AM   #11
78 monte

From what I remember each header came out and went straight into the Turbo units.More less tubular exhuast manifolds I guess.Not typical headers that drop out the bottom and hook to the exhuast pipes.

Old 09-21-2002, 08:25 AM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by 78 monte
From what I remember each header came out and went straight into the Turbo units.More less tubular exhuast manifolds I guess.Not typical headers that drop out the bottom and hook to the exhuast pipes.
Yeah. Those are usually called turbo manifolds.
Old 09-22-2002, 11:32 PM   #13
Matrix

Quote:
Okay well it's not the best sorryoh well. The other day I was driving down the road in My 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS with some pretty decent mods on it like my stage 1 turbo from Hahn Racecraft with Greddy intercooler, turbo timer, a Greddy Evo exhaust, a Jet Chip upgrade and Chikara headers thats all. Well anyway I was driving down the strip then along came a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS well he looks at my and I of course say let's go. So where going down the road probably about around 40-50 mph I start to pull in front for about another mile I stay in the lead so I decide I've beaten him turn on my flasher wave and say see you later. Then I start heading back toward my house cause I forgot my money well this where it gets really good. So I'm driving down the road not think about anything when I hear a loud thud from my engine and then another then another until my car starts to sound like a helicopter coming down the road well guess what yha thats right my engine through a rod so now it's in the shop waiting for either my warranty to cover it or I'm going to half to find a new motor. So if I do have to drop a new engine myself what do you guys think I should drop in there.

I think you may need to be a little more precise with your tech info. As far as I know, the Chikara headers primaries do not bolt up to the Hahn turbo. Did you add the GReddy intercooler seperately? Not saying you're lying, or anything, just that you need to explain that a little bit...

Anyway, if you want my opinion, I think you should just rebuild the 4GA63 (or whatever the engine code is) that you have now, but with stronger internals to handle more boost. And this time have it tuned better, preferably on a dyno.

Old 09-23-2002, 12:06 AM   #14
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

if he's got a non-tubo eclipse.. its the 420a dodge neon engine....

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:22 AM   #15
whodatt1

to me it sounds like bs. not only are you lying but giving us a bad name.
and if its true you decided to buy the HRC stage 1 and get the exhaust manifold custom made and then also pay for a different (extremely overpriced) FMIC, you either have a ton of $$ to waste or are just stupid.
Did you not have an egt or a/f gauge?? seems like you don't know jack about turbo charging a vehicle.
now to answer your question on the rebuild. either just get a new reinforced bottom end, or now you can buy a whole new rebuilt short block or get the 2.4 block and mod it a bit to make it fit. Will not go into details since I'm 99.9999% sure you're lying.

Late

Old 09-24-2002, 12:07 PM   #16
boostedrs97

Quote:
Okay well it's not the best sorryoh well. The other day I was driving down the road in My 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS with some pretty decent mods on it like my stage 1 turbo from Hahn Racecraft with Greddy intercooler,[/b]

This is possible, but highly unlikely due to cost.

Quote:
turbo timer, a Greddy Evo exhaust, a Jet Chip upgrade and Chikara headers thats all.

Jet Chip upgrade?? Never heard of that. Chikara Headers?? What did you do with the exhaust mani that came with the kit, and how did you custom fabricate the headers to hold the turbo?

Quote:
Well anyway I was driving down the strip then along came a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS well he looks at my and I of course say let's go. So where going down the road probably about around 40-50 mph I start to pull in front for about another mile I stay in the lead so I decide I've beaten him turn on my flasher wave and say see you later.

No self respecting racer turns on his hazards anymore, that is reserved for ricer flybys, which I would bet is what happened.

Quote:
Then I start heading back toward my house cause I forgot my money well this where it gets really good.

I bet it does.

Quote:
So I'm driving down the road not think about anything when I hear a loud thud from my engine and then another then another until my car starts to sound like a helicopter coming down the road well guess what yha thats right my engine through a rod so now it's in the shop waiting for either my warranty to cover it or I'm going to half to find a new motor.

Try these: . , ! They take care of that nasty run on sentence issue. Besides, if you actually THREW a rod (not through) your car would stop. The crank would not be able to turn as your rod would be sticking through your block. Therefore your car would not sound like anything. There would be a loud noise, smoke, and then nothing. (I know this from experience)

Quote:
So if I do have to drop a new engine myself what do you guys think I should drop in there.

Man, I don't know what you should "throw" in there. Considering only a 420A block will fit. Next thing you are going to say is that you want to drop a 4G63 in your car. BTW that will NOT work. Just so you know.

I have to agree with Whodatt, you are giving us Eclipse owners that mod their cars and make them fast a bad name. Please stop posting bullsh!t race stories and bullsh!t mods that you obviously do not have because there is no way that they can work together.

*bell rings*

School's out dipsh!t.

Old 09-24-2002, 12:24 PM   #17
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Heh. That must've hurt........ Anyhow.

I'm assuming that's your ride in the pic boostedrs. Looks good from what I can see. Welcome to HS btw....
Old 09-24-2002, 12:30 PM   #18
boostedrs97

Yes it is, thanks.

Check out my site for more info on my car....

www.boosted-rs.com

Or go to my gallery....

http://www.boosted-rs.com/gallery/Shamu

Old 09-24-2002, 01:00 PM   #19
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: Re: The best kill story.

Quote:
Originally posted by boostedrs97

School's out dipsh!t.

Easy there man, we dont accept personal bashing here at HS. We respect your thoughts but you can keep somethings to yourself.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:01 PM   #20
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Yes it is, thanks.

Check out my site for more info on my car....

www.boosted-rs.com

Or go to my gallery....

http://www.boosted-rs.com/gallery/Shamu
Nice work man. Looks real good. You do the work?
Old 09-24-2002, 01:02 PM   #21
boostedrs97

Sorry, I guess I got a little hot, people like that just make me mad... keyboard racers.

Old 09-24-2002, 01:04 PM   #22
whodatt1

lol keyboard racers... man I gotta stop reading your posts.. might get fired for laughing so loud.

Old 09-24-2002, 01:04 PM   #23
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Sorry, I guess I got a little hot, people like that just make me mad... keyboard racers.

I understand completely. Just wanted to let you know where we stand
Old 09-24-2002, 01:37 PM   #24
boostedrs97

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Nice work man. Looks real good. You do the work?

I have done a lot of the work. And the work that I did not do, I was at least there watching. So that I could tell people about it. I try to do what I can, but when it comes to messing with timing and changing the timing belt, HG, stuff like that, I would rather pay to have it done right.

Old 09-24-2002, 01:41 PM   #25
juvenile

LOL keyboard racers hahaha
that's good!

Old 09-24-2002, 10:37 PM   #26
Niacin

Um, I've kept quiet until now, but you should know that most good races don't end on tow trucks unless the ET's was in the single digits, or it was the end of the season.

Max

Old 09-24-2002, 11:07 PM   #27
OPAKRACING

Whew! too much info for me

Old 09-30-2002, 10:40 PM   #28
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by whodatt1
to me it sounds like bs. not only are you lying but giving us a bad name.
and if its true you decided to buy the HRC stage 1 and get the exhaust manifold custom made and then also pay for a different (extremely overpriced) FMIC, you either have a ton of $$ to waste or are just stupid.
Did you not have an egt or a/f gauge?? seems like you don't know jack about turbo charging a vehicle.
Late

LOL
Old 10-01-2002, 04:20 PM   #29
Matrix

Well, it looks like the_eclipse_1 isn't responding to everyone calling him out, so that should testify towards the "bullshit-ocity" of the claimed mods to his car. So far as I knew, the headers he claims to have are not compatible with the turbo kit he also claims to have.

Ah, well.

CLOSED.

Closed Thread