Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
thewoahna
1st Gear

Idle at 300-500 RPM?

Ok, I got a 90 5-Speed, and lately when I start the car in the morning, it will start fine, and then run good for like 6 second, and then it will stutter and the RPM's will drop. The stuttering lasts only like 2 seconds, then its fine. Once she calms down from her slight hickup and after she warms up, she runs idle between 300-500 RPM. Is this too low? Could this be why she is having these stutters/hickups? All day after this she will run fine, and will start fine all day, but then after I put her away for the night and go to start the next day, the same thing happens. Should I make my idle higher? What should it be at? I thought that maybe it was because my heat/AC was on when I start car, and this caused it cuz the fans would kick on, but they are not on. I had the valves adjusted about 3 months ago, and I was going to reset my new (2 month old) 92 EX ECU, and get some fuel injector cleaner. Whats the Dillio with this? Anyone got any how-to fix? My baby is sick and I need some chicken soup please!!

For pics and mods of my '90 LX go to my homepage.

AOL IM: Woahna316

PAC Website
thewoahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:12 PM   #2
AkimboStylee

reset the ecu, ant that idle is too low, needs to be like 800-900
Old 04-14-2004, 11:40 PM   #3
jwitey

Speaking of idle I have a 97 accord 2.2 vtech and I can't figure out how to set the idle up. Any suggestions welcome. Also if you have ABS and it's low on fluid could cause the vibration at startup.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:53 PM   #4
brianhatchie

my car was doing that too... cept if i pressed the gas a certain way... the rpms would adjust automatically somehow, and sometimes it would idle at 1500.

i later found out that hickups and stutters are mostly caused by your spark plugs. if you rev high all the time, your sparks will burn out, thus giving you a lower "energy" level.

cmon, tell me, do you rev a lot? i redline all the time, and I have to replace the sparks every 3K miles. Its real cool, since I dont care if my car blows up. When it does, ill just get a CRX.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:21 PM   #5
thewoahna
1st Gear

I changed the plugs. I also put some fuel injector cleaner in, and that seems to help a little.

PAC Website
Old 04-15-2004, 08:00 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

do u have any exhaust leaks ? i know mine is pretty anal about it, and i just fixed all the leaks today and the car started working fine as soon as i took it out the shop

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:25 PM   #7
thewoahna
1st Gear

Nope, I sealed that bitch up good when I slapped it on.

PAC Website