::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2002, 11:39 PM   #1
Wren57

My evening...

Well this happened a few hours ago and Im quite pissed but also in a happy kinda i-dont-care type mood too. Anyways, let me give some background. A few months back me and 2 friends were cruising in my moms 325ci BMW convertible when two punks in a Black Protege5 with green decals and shit all over it (really ricey) start to make trouble. Well I discard of my phlegm (spit) out the window with them well behind me. They proceed to go into the median of the road to throw pepper spray inside the leather-wrapped car, soaking myself, my friends, and the leather. Well many treatments later, the leather is back to factory fresh, and my arm no longer burns. Anyways, Ive been looking for this guy for 3 months now and havent seen him... until tonight. Cruising down the main drag right where it turns from 6 to 4 lanes. I see him going to the 6 lane part. I slow waaaay down to pull a uturn. Look at curb- good- its only 2" tall. Turn left. BAM. Damn rain gutters.... good news is my rim is fine (i dont think its bent), but the tire has a nasty gash in the sidewall and was undriveable. To make matters worse, my rims have tuner lugs, and my spare is the stock rim... and I forgot to carry stock lugs. So yeah my car is now sitting on a flat tire in a gas station beside the main drag of town. At least it is under a light. Oh well, another $140 bucks down drain. At least this time I have plenty of extra cash to cover it! This mofo in the ricey black/green protege will go down... oh yes, he will
Old 08-11-2002, 11:22 AM   #2
incubus86

take a poop in his car
Old 08-11-2002, 01:52 PM   #3
Drunkalien

Hm that sucks. Do u have performance tires with the rims?
Old 08-11-2002, 03:32 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

hate to say it, but you walked into that one. should have found a better spot to turn around, and honestly, if you spit on my car, you'd be lucky to get off with just pepper spray.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 04:06 PM   #5
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
hate to say it, but you walked into that one. should have found a better spot to turn around, and honestly, if you spit on my car, you'd be lucky to get off with just pepper spray.
must agree, why dont you not spit out your car? or do it when no one is behind you?

this sounds like its all self inflicted
Old 08-11-2002, 06:01 PM   #6
Wren57

Drunkalien- yes, I have Bridgestone Potenza re950 on Motegi MR7s

And, there is no way the spit landed on his car. He was a good 30 feet behind me, and I spit downward. And the only reason I spit was because I was chewing beef jerky and was sick of all the juice it creates. The rim is fine and the tire will be half-off. So only about a $70 deal, no biggy. My friend chased him down in his Tahoe and took some (mental) notes on where he hung out.

I dont really care about the rim, its not like its gonna be a lot of cash to fix it, and it was certainly something to do. Im just happy now cause I was in my stepdads Lincoln Navigator going to get the proper lugnuts to change out the tire, and saw the local tuner shop import guy, driving his green civic. In case you dont know, it was for sale on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1847404943
Anyways, I raced him from about a 40mph roll in the Navigator, and kept suprisingly close. He was pulling about 1 car every 5-10 seconds. The Navigator is stock and has mud tires on it. At least he didn't switch on the nitrous! I dont know what the point of this entire thread is other than to vent... heh although Im not mad... girlfriend is back in town today... woohoo!
Old 08-11-2002, 11:26 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i checked that car out... theres no way he was trying. thats a low 14sec car off the bottle. i know a nav cant touch mid 16's and with mud tires... you'd be lucky for 17's.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 07:23 AM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Well 4thGens right unless you have all the Kenne Bell S/C mods and all on the Navi, which could get it down into the high 14s.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:08 PM   #9
Wren57

Ok yes, he was trying. Theres no way in hell he wasnt. I went there and talked to the guy today, so dont tell me im bullshitting, cause i never do that. Pulling 1 car every 5 seconds is a significant amount. Anyways, the navi is stock with AT tires on it, not mudders. Its not my car so I didnt know, I just knew they had non-street tires. I got a 1/2 second or so jump cause when he put the clutch in he revved up real loud, then I floored it. He let it go in 3rd gear and chirped the tires, then he was off with a little bit of exhaust gas/black smoke spiraling. It was cool, and if u dont believe me then oh well, cant prove it cause i didnt video it.