::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Why do people get so retarded this time of year?

For some reason every year around this time people seem to start acting a lot more retarded than usual. In particular, all of these people who want to boycott stores like Target or WalMart because they defer to the word "holidays" instead of "christmas". What the fuck? Are you serious? Imagine if the stores put up banners that said "Happy Hannukah" or "Happy Kwanza" and left christmas banners out altogether. Holy shit...these people'd drop dead right there. When the fuck are rabid christians going to realize that not everyone worships the same way they do and that that's ok? I mean...I celebrate christmas (although more as a day of generosity than a religious holiday) but I get that not everyone else does. Hell...I've got friends that celebrate solstice. Sure...it was a little odd to me at first but it's all the same idea. People who want to organize boycotts are undoubtedly older than me and should have had cause in their life to run into at least a few people who didn't rock a christmas tree...so what the fuck is so offensive? There's a word for that. Oh yeah...it's called prejudice. Way to be a good christian.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
sicones

tiz the silly season, religion and politics same old shit...
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:01 PM   #3
IALuder

yea, i just stay home more. work on my can and snow board once in awhile.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
AzCivic

Thinking that christmas has anything to do with Christ's birth is retarded anyway. Boycotting a store cause they don't use the word christmas when christmas has nothing to do with Jesus is plain idiotic.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:49 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I've already read about 2 "boycotts" and it's not even December yet. First one was against WalMart (no argument here...I hate WalMart, but for very different reasons) and now a new one against Target. Time for me to organize boycotts against christian book stores.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-30-2005, 12:26 AM   #6
AzCivic

yeah I hate walmart too, it looks like they're buying out celebrities left and right inorder to turn their image around. there's talks of them trying to build one in my area, there's already resistance mounting. Fuck walmart.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 05:56 AM   #7
CD5Passion

I think the pope is darth vader
Old 11-30-2005, 10:07 AM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Stupid people do stupid things to try to push thier stupid views and opinions on everyone else.

I've adopted the shop at home method this year in effort to avoid as many ignortant people as possible.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:43 PM   #9
Mr. Haan
1st Gear

whats solstice?
Old 11-30-2005, 05:03 PM   #10
IALuder

yup, using the internet is a better way then people in an over crowded redneck walmart or target. plus malls are to fucking small around here so i have to pretty much buy online or drive forever.

besides, didnt you hear about the tree in NY square they light up every yr? its not a christmas tree anymore becuase the forgieneers were mad. so the renamed it the Holiday tree.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:39 PM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Haan
whats solstice?

Solstice is a changing of the seasons. You've got one for winter (close to Xmas) and one in the summer. Then there's the spring and fall equinox...but I'm not sure if those are celebrated. It's basically a non-denominational way of celebrating.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:23 PM   #12
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Steve, you're a smart guy...you should have realized a long time ago that the world is full of douchebags with nothing better to do than find something to bitch about....

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:12 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
besides, didnt you hear about the tree in NY square they light up every yr? its not a christmas tree anymore becuase the forgieneers were mad. so the renamed it the Holiday tree.

stop blaming it on foreigner. and one more thing: most of the foreigners are christian.
ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:53 PM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
stop blaming it on foreigner. and one more thing: most of the foreigners are christian.

1 point for the shifty Romanian. My bet would be because there's a whole lot of jewish people in NYC. I used to know a guy who told me he'd never go there and always refered to it as "Jew York". Yeah...I didn't talk to him much after that.

Personally I don't care what you celebrate or what you want stuff called. Just because the name of the day contains the name "Christ" doesn't mean it's got a damn thing to do with Jesus. All of the traditional holidays in christianity can be traced back and not-so-loosely tied to pagan holidays...usually celtic. Early christianity took what it wanted from paganism and left the rest. I mean look at the whole ceremony for receiving the eucharist...seems an aweful lot like cannibalism, no? Like hell I'm eating someone's body and drinking their blood, metaphorically or otherwise.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:48 PM   #15
Mr. Haan
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
1 point for the shifty Romanian. My bet would be because there's a whole lot of jewish people in NYC. I used to know a guy who told me he'd never go there and always refered to it as "Jew York". Yeah...I didn't talk to him much after that.

Theres a lot of everything in nyc but from personal viewing i would have to say that blacks and hispanics are the majority in the city..haven't seen as many jewish folk around especially seeing that I work in manhattan..
Old 12-03-2005, 06:57 AM   #16
Robert
R-Tard

Firstly, I find it funny that you're complaining about the people complaining. There is a theme through alot of your posts and its complaining. YOu appear to bitch and wine about alot fo things you see in your life yet I rarely hear you doing anything about it.

As for why people are upset over the use of 'holiday' instead of 'Christmas.' Well its pretty simple. Its not holiday on Dec 25 it's Christ's birthday. The day has been pervered into a reason to buy expensive gifts and give them out. Not only has our culture bastardized a major Christian day but it now has opened it up to every culture out there by calling it 'holiday' instead of what it truly is.

Oddly enough you dont see me celebrating Hannukah or other religious holidays. Its probably because I dont practice those faiths. Yet alot of people (practicing different faiths) seem to celebrate 'Christmas' even though most dont know why we have it.

I understand where these people are coming from, though i think their efforts are misguided. The stores aren't the problem, the people are.

Finally, you'll start to realize why this is such a problem when you consider America was founded on Christian beliefs.

Last edited by Robert : 12-03-2005 at 07:09 AM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:10 AM   #17
Robert
R-Tard

I figure I should add, I have no problem with other faiths, people have the right to practice their own religion; or nothing at all. So dont be quick to lable me.

And

This in no way is a person attack on anyone, of any faith.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:27 AM   #18
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
Firstly, I find it funny that you're complaining about the people complaining. There is a theme through alot of your posts and its complaining. YOu appear to bitch and wine about alot fo things you see in your life yet I rarely hear you doing anything about it.

As for why people are upset over the use of 'holiday' instead of 'Christmas.' Well its pretty simple. Its not holiday on Dec 25 it's Christ's birthday. The day has been pervered into a reason to buy expensive gifts and give them out. Not only has our culture bastardized a major Christian day but it now has opened it up to every culture out there by calling it 'holiday' instead of what it truly is.

Oddly enough you dont see me celebrating Hannukah or other religious holidays. Its probably because I dont practice those faiths. Yet alot of people (practicing different faiths) seem to celebrate 'Christmas' even though most dont know why we have it.

I understand where these people are coming from, though i think their efforts are misguided. The stores aren't the problem, the people are.

Finally, you'll start to realize why this is such a problem when you consider America was founded on Christian beliefs.

Perhaps...but Amerika was founded 229 years ago. Today's Amerika hardly resembles what it did when it was established. And technically, most historical evidence points to the fact that 12/25 wasn't Jesus' birthday. If I had to guess, that day is used because it's close to the pagan solstice rather than anything that really happened. The one thing we do agree one is the misguided nature of these people. I celebrate christmas...but I don't walk into a WalMart and yell at the manager because they have a "happy holidays" sign up. You know how much effort that takes to restrain myself? About as much effort as taking a shit. It's all about fairness. You say Amerika was founded on christian values...but we let in millions upon millions of non-christians and now we expect them to follow suit? Fuck that.

And for as much as you see me complain, you sure do like to complain about my complaining. Don't agree? Be the bigger man and let it go. Don't respond with non-sensical dribble that's about as easy to tear apart as a single piece of paper. Face it Rob...there's a reason you were banned before, and it's exactly because of shit like this.

Old 12-03-2005, 07:31 AM   #19
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Perhaps...but Amerika was founded 229 years ago. Today's Amerika hardly resembles what it did when it was established. And technically, most historical evidence points to the fact that 12/25 wasn't Jesus' birthday. If I had to guess, that day is used because it's close to the pagan solstice rather than anything that really happened. The one thing we do agree one is the misguided nature of these people. I celebrate christmas...but I don't walk into a WalMart and yell at the manager because they have a "happy holidays" sign up. You know how much effort that takes to restrain myself? About as much effort as taking a shit. It's all about fairness. You say Amerika was founded on christian values...but we let in millions upon millions of non-christians and now we expect them to follow suit? Fuck that.

And for as much as you see me complain, you sure do like to complain about my complaining. Don't agree? Be the bigger man and let it go. Don't respond with non-sensical dribble that's about as easy to tear apart as a single piece of paper. Face it Rob...there's a reason you were banned before, and it's exactly because of shit like this.

You raise some good points. But America cannot allow itself to be altered. You have such a good melting pot situation, and to change that would let you become more like Canada. Which is not a good thing. I admire how America allows people from all over the world to call it home, but I admire more how its been able to keep its American culture. Thats not something you want to lose to quickly. If you want to know what I'm talking about travel north and spend sometime here.

Losing ones culture or watering it down isn't good. It tends to lead to less unity and ultimately creates alot more issues.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:03 AM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Trust me...we've lost a whole lot more than you might think in the name of multiculturalism. Canada may be an extreme in such a lesson as far as western culture is concerned, but we're not fasr behind. There really is no more "America" in the traditional sense. Now we're just an amalgamation of people just barely managing to coexist. You may think we've stayed ourselves and kept our culture, but we haven't. Due to massive (mostly illegal) immigration (which we gladly fund with taxpayer money) english as a second lanuage is now taught in almost every school district. Which language? Spanish, of course. Screw those kids who speak Japanese or Laosian or Russian...there are more Mexican kids so they get the better deal. Whatever you think our traditional nature was, we lost it long ago in favor of tolerance for people who, in large part, shouldn't be here anyway. Hell...I think I'd rather live in Canada. At least you don't have the crime we do.

Old 12-03-2005, 12:04 PM   #21
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Trust me...we've lost a whole lot more than you might think in the name of multiculturalism. Canada may be an extreme in such a lesson as far as western culture is concerned, but we're not fasr behind. There really is no more "America" in the traditional sense. Now we're just an amalgamation of people just barely managing to coexist. You may think we've stayed ourselves and kept our culture, but we haven't. Due to massive (mostly illegal) immigration (which we gladly fund with taxpayer money) english as a second lanuage is now taught in almost every school district. Which language? Spanish, of course. Screw those kids who speak Japanese or Laosian or Russian...there are more Mexican kids so they get the better deal. Whatever you think our traditional nature was, we lost it long ago in favor of tolerance for people who, in large part, shouldn't be here anyway. Hell...I think I'd rather live in Canada. At least you don't have the crime we do.

Our crime rate has shot through the roof in Toronto with a flood of gun and knife killings in the last 6 months. Things are changing in Canada, our standard of living is dropping.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:58 AM   #22
mylittlecivic

I hate it hate it hate it hate it!!!!!!! people cant drive worth shit and theyre mean and they are EVERYWHERE

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote