::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2003, 10:44 PM   #1
TheBaron

new clutch for eg hatch

alright so i've currently got a stock 94 si hatch, which needs a new clutch. i was wondering what you guys recommend. it would need to be drivable in the cars current state but preferrably still be viable after i've done some work (i'm thinking b18c swap). suggestions all
Old 02-26-2003, 11:29 PM   #2
96coupe

if you are going to do a b18c swap soon, i wouldn't get the most expensive clutch out there since you will need a different one after the swap anyway. for a pretty much stock motor an exedy organic is not a bad choice
Old 02-27-2003, 01:50 AM   #3
Leets
2nd Gear

Like was just said... no sense in blowing all your cash on a good clutch if you're just gonna do a swap. Plan out your mods, first. If you are gonna swap the engine fairly soon, just replace it with a stock Honda unit. If you're planning on sticking with the d16z6, then compare different stage 2 clutches. If it's a daily driver, then you definitely don't wanna get something too heavy, and there's no point in spending a load on a clutch unless you've got some serious engine work.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:42 AM   #4
oc civic

purely for future referance.... i love my ACT clutch, its JUST an act street strip clutch... adn it works very well just driving around AND holds the power of the nitrous well
Old 02-27-2003, 08:53 AM   #5
JDMB16

I agree to go with the stock clutch if you're going with a swap...save your money.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:59 AM   #6
themadhatter

stock clutch man