::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2002, 12:26 AM   #1
juvenile

Worst day of my entire life...

Well today I left to hang with some buddies that Ihaven't seen in a long time. At the end (a few hours before I go home), I stall my car. Can't start it. We push it away (got stock in a drive through!!!), and I can't start it. I thought it was the battery, we tried to get a boost, nothing. Battery is fine though becuase I have light inside the car and I hear it turn. Well everyone leaves and I'm waiting for dad to come. He comes, starts to check stuff, 2/3 spark plugs that he could reach are filled with oil. Head gasket must have blew or something.
Then I find out from him that when I left, grandma was really sick, but before leaving I asked if everything was ok, grandpa said yes, you can go, everything's fine. Now my parents are also pissed.
And the worst part is, my warranty (30 days) ended 1 week ago.
I'm in the worst mood of a long time now. All my moeny plus some of dads too is going towards the ****ing motor now.
Old 11-02-2002, 12:29 AM   #2
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Dude....I'm sorry to hear that man...first about your car then you're grandma.......well, at least your car can get fixed....I just hope your grandma will be o.k.....best wishes to you and your family

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:33 AM   #3
ohiochica

juvenile,
make sure you argue with the dealership over the warranty make them goodwill warranty it. that is bs that the head gasket blew 1 week after......call them and argue it!
as for your grandmother, i am so sorry you are having to deal with this. i know first hand how hard everything is at a time like this. you were definately not wrong to go out. i know when my mom was very sick i needed those breaks and those breaks were the only thing that kept me going. remember to do things to keep your mind happy. stress sucks!
many hugs,
Becky

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:59 AM   #4
ShEaNy

wow thats gay.....hope ur grandma is ok...... :o
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 02:06 AM   #5
a96710

Sorry to hear that man...really sucks
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 06:56 AM   #6
mt.biker

If your parents are going to hold it against you that you went out to have a night out and it just happens to be the same night your grandma gets sick, well theres only one thing you can do. Go tell them to take a flying leap. I'm sorry to hear that your grandma is sick, but I thought we already knew that?? Am I missing something?

Now about that car, DAM! Good thing you didn't spend all your money yet is all I can say. Do you have any idea how much its going to cost right yet? My guess is 2k, but i could be wrong. Maybe the dealership will help you out abit considering the fact that it was so close. Sounds like they knew something you didn't.

Just think the upside it happened closed to home, imagine if this had happened on our way to Montreal or somewhere in teh USA. Be thankful that it didn't happen on a busy intersection when your making a left, be thankful you were able to call home and reach someone and be thankful that you dont need a car to get to and from school right now. D just dont lose prospective on this is all I can say, you'll get through this just like you got through the concord tranny.

God Bless,

Rob

PS drop me a line when you get up. Its 8am and I'm up gonna run around town till about 11-12ish feel free to give me a ring afterwards.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:45 PM   #7
juvenile

No no, my grandma was feeling sick when I left apparently, but grandpa told me that everything was fine, when it wasn't. He didn't want to ruin my nite.
My dad just said to think about other people a bit.

Well, I had to tow the car 300m to a garage (Speedy). The mechanic said it could be anywhere from 250-1500 bucks CAD to repair, depending on which seal blew. If it's the top seal then it's ~250. If it's the head gasket, ~1000-1500. I will know the estimate by monday! The dealership basically said that warranty did pass, and it's a used car and they can't cover everything when it breaks (past warranty). But he did tell my dad to call him when an estimate arrives. So we'll see.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:49 PM   #8
AzCivic

Cant you fix a head gasket your self?? You just remove the head and put a new gasket on right?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 08:25 PM   #9
Kyle
elyK

Damn juv...sorry to hear that...
hope everything gets better for you.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 08:33 PM   #10
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
Cant you fix a head gasket your self?? You just remove the head and put a new gasket on right?

If I knew how, and I could...I would.
But I don't, and I can't, so I won't. :o
Old 11-04-2002, 04:18 PM   #11
juvenile

I just got a call from Speedy and the whole engine is screwed up basically. All the cylinders are filled with oil and it'll be a very expensive job! I called the dealer and the guy says that he basically can't do anything.
Expensive meaning I pretty much need an almost new engine!
The guy roughly said it'll be a couple thousand bucks to fix it!
My dad said we can't afford that and I might end up without a car at all.
Then I get some more news from a friend that brings back a lot of old feelings.
What is up with all these mixed emotions and bad news lately. I just can't take it anymore.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:39 PM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

take a deep breath man. shit will pull through. look at each small step you need to take, not the whole picture

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 05:00 PM   #13
firstgeardude

well the car was worth about 6000... and putting in about 3000 or so for repairs..(new engine) is not really worth it
Old 11-04-2002, 05:10 PM   #14
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sorry to hear that man. it really sucks. did they tell you what gasket blew ? as far as i know even if the cylinders are filled with oil you can clean em up and put a new gasket in. i don't think there is more to that. you can do it yourself. the only hard part is putting the timing back in order.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 05:14 PM   #15
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
I just got a call from Speedy and the whole engine is screwed up basically. All the cylinders are filled with oil and it'll be a very expensive job! I called the dealer and the guy says that he basically can't do anything.
Expensive meaning I pretty much need an almost new engine!
The guy roughly said it'll be a couple thousand bucks to fix it!
My dad said we can't afford that and I might end up without a car at all.
Then I get some more news from a friend that brings back a lot of old feelings.
What is up with all these mixed emotions and bad news lately. I just can't take it anymore.

I can tell you why this is happening to you, but I think you already know why its happening. You'r just not thinking about it, someones trying to get your attention.

There is also many things to be learned from this, I though will not be the one to tell you them. Partly why this is happening is because you haven't learned from smaller examples of these situtations, so now the cost is higher.

edit// i can think off two things to be learned from this off the top of my head, can you?
Old 11-04-2002, 05:14 PM   #16
juvenile

Dude I know the VERY basics to cars.
I don't have hands on experience and don't have time or money to screw around now. Plus if I had my garage at my new home now, I would have space. Now, living in an apartment, I don't!
Old 11-04-2002, 05:15 PM   #17
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

take it to bikers place sorry just trying to cheer you up

Old 11-04-2002, 05:19 PM   #18
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
take it to bikers place sorry just trying to cheer you up

if its leaking anything its out of the question, but there is a extra spot.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:20 PM   #19
juvenile

Dude, I dunno. We'll see.
And no to answer the question, it's not actually leaking on the outside. All the oil is leaking on the inside. :o
Old 11-04-2002, 05:22 PM   #20
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sounds like the head gasket to me.

Old 11-04-2002, 05:22 PM   #21
mt.biker

D i would recommed you take some quiet time and relfect on the things that have been happening to you over the last year or so.

Write key events down, see if you can find a patern there.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:24 PM   #22
juvenile