::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2002, 09:15 AM   #1
mt.biker

Senator: Hearings to 'get to the bottom' of lapses

Now i must say i'm not the biggest CNN fan but its sounds like all hell is breaking loss over the 9/11 bombing

Quote:
What we've got to do, I believe, is get to the bottom of the successes and failures because we owe that to the American people," said Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama, the top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Shelby made his comments after intelligence officials told CNN the CIA had warned the FBI in January 2000 that one of the September 11 hijackers had participated in an al Qaeda meeting in Malaysia and merited closer attention.

However, it wasn't until August 2001 -- three weeks before the terror attacks -- that the CIA put that man, Khalid Almihdhar, and Nawaf Alhazmi, another man at the Malaysia meeting, on a watch list that could have prevented them from entering the United States. Alhazmi was another September 11 hijacker
full story here

"I can tell you I believe again this points toward more failures at the CIA, at the FBI and all over the intelligence agencies," Shelby said......

......The latest revelations come on the heels of harsh criticism of the FBI for what some lawmakers say was a series of overlooked clues and leads that preceded the worst terrorist attack on American soil......
Old 06-04-2002, 09:27 AM   #2
PrimeredPony

I'm glad to see someone finally stepping up and saying something. I really have yet to see the cia or fbi do anything major. Do they really do anything worthwhile these days?
Old 06-04-2002, 09:30 AM   #3
mt.biker

well they say so! mostly i think they get off saying they protect the pres, but really they can't tell the people everythign because your afgan enimes watch cnn too
Old 06-04-2002, 09:34 AM   #4
PrimeredPony

That's another thing that blows my mind. Our enemies watch this stuff, but yet these moronic reporters want to hear where the president is, what our next move is going to be. Like they want to give early warning to the terrorists so we can't get them.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:36 AM   #5
mt.biker

bro thats because reporters dont really are about the well being of the nation they just want to be the first person with the lastest news so they can get their 15mins of fam and glorry.

It all comes down to money and they money
Old 06-04-2002, 06:21 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
bro thats because reporters dont really are about the well being of the nation they just want to be the first person with the lastest news so they can get their 15mins of fam and glorry.

It all comes down to money and they money

That is so true. It really pisses me off to watch some of them.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 08:08 PM   #7
4jacks

the CIA is going blame it on the FBI and the FBI is going blame it on the CIA and nothing is going go no where.

The two just never communicated too well, they taken measures to solve that since 9/11, but the fact is, NO ONE in the US would ever even suspect an attack like that. If you woulda told me, someone bombed another building, i wouldn't have been surprised, but no one viewed a plane as a Mobile Missle.

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 08:35 PM   #8
mt.biker

aparently they were planning on doing it in france first but i dont want to get started on this again

its a horrible thing and i think people are looking for someone to blame, if they deserve it or not i dont know
Old 06-04-2002, 09:27 PM   #9
juvenile

Don't even get me started on the whole US corruption thing again...