::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #1
Grip72

what program do you use for avi to dvd?

my stupid program is being stupid. its called Nero Vision Express 2, but when i go to load say two files being around 700mb EACH? It says that they are too big to write on one dvd. and then i think "wtf" that doesn't make sense.

sooo, what program do you guys use for putting downloaded AVI files onto a DVD that will play on your house dvd player?
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #2
Robert
R-Tard

DVD santa
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

DVD Santa does work really well, but I've found it's really picky about what it will and won't convert. It'll do MPEG1 stuff no problem, but it really seems to dislike any AVI files with an Xvid codec (which is, unfortunately, a pretty popular codec). One alternative would be AVI2DVD. Not quite as fast as DVD Santa, but it's totally free and has yet to disappoint me. Oh...and as good as DVD Santa is, their customer service sucks out loud.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

i tried avi2dvd once, but I couldnt figure out how to add the audiostream...or save the menu....or anything else
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #5
sicones

I'm pretty sure nero is capable of doing this, I downloaded the newest 7.0 trial version, been using is for a few months, and setting back the calendar to save $90 is fine with me
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:07 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiggitydogg
i tried avi2dvd once, but I couldnt figure out how to add the audiostream...or save the menu....or anything else

Hmmm...maybe the version I have is a newer build or something. It pretty much does everything automatically, including Pal-->NTSC conversion. I'm not, however, a fan of it making an ISO file AND VOB files simultaneously. There's an option to not make an ISO, but really I prefer ISO files. I wish there was an option to ONLY create an ISO file. But whatever. It's worked pretty well for me, although I haven't run a ton of stuff through it. If a file doesn't work in DVD Santa, I'll usually just run it through TMPGenc to make an MPEG1 file and then run it through DVD Santa again.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 04-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Duh, I figured it out. I just needed to make the pathway simple - moved files to just C: and it worked fine.

Is there a way to make the file type smaller? A movie I just started will be 9.4gb!
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:33 AM   #8
Grip72

ok i have both thsoe programs now...avi2dvd din't work at all

and EVERY file i've burned using DVD santa won't play on my home dvd player..guess i'm stuck with Nerovision Express
Old 05-01-2006, 12:48 AM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Hrmmm...that doesn't sound right. At least one of those programs should have worked unless your home DVD player is shit and doesn't support burned media. What's the brand and model number of your DVD player? I can tell you what will/won't work with your player. There are lots of programs out there for conversion from AVI/MPEG/MKV/OGG/WMV---->DVD. Just search google with criteria like "convert AVI to DVD". Also, http://www.videohelp.com has good how-to articles.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #10
Grip72

my dvd player is a no name haha. but it has played every dvd i've burned with nerovision express, but not with anyother program (???)
Old 05-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #11
Robert
R-Tard

you need to install the latest xvid codecs for dvd santa to work. Otehrwise yes it will be picky about the files in which it takes.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote