Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
ood
Parked

Tranny problem?

I recently bought a used 2000 accord ex 4 cyl, auto, 44K miles. This being my first automatic tranny, I notice something a bit strange to me. During my drive to work (about 2 miles total) I get to 50 mph and hold 50. anywhere from 1 to 3 times during that drive, I feel a slight “jolt” almost like the feeling of the tranny shifting gears. My best description is that it feels like the first half of the feeling of the auto tranny shifting gears. I again notice this same feeling on the drive home after work. I do not notice this feeling at other speeds. But I have not really tried to recreate them at other speeds. After I got home from work today I decided to try and recreate the problem. I headed out of town, and drove at 50 mph for about 15 minutes then turned around. A total of about ½ hour of driving and NO problem. This leads me to believe that maybe it has to do with the engine/tranny heating up. When cold (before/after work) I notice the problem. After the drive home from work, I could not get the problem to reacure. Im not sure what’s going on and more testing is required. I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas/suggestion on what the problem is or how to track it down, Or is this even a problem, do all autos behave like this? Any help is appreciated.
ood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:03 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

my 92 does that at times when the tranny fluid gets old. and the jerking comes from the torque converter locking and unlocking in the third gear. just do an tranny fluid change and you should be set.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote