Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2003, 05:54 PM   #1
CivicSlug
1st Gear

Supercharger and what?

I'm installing a supercharger on my civic. Before you get started, I know, why not a turbo!!! The answer is, Im getting the SC for a great price, and its not about 1/4 ml. times for me. Im just ready for more power. The question I need to know is what other components will be needed to make my SC run efficiently?
CivicSlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:59 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

might want to invest in a fuel pump or at least larger injectors, maybe an afc to control the air/fuel ratio. The boost isnt that high on SC so it shouldnt be too demanding
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:54 PM   #3
sohc_vtec 2NR

the JRSC is pretty much a slap on item that doesn't require too much attention, but i would definitely get an intake so u can supply the charger with plenty of air and also it is pointless to use the stock exhaust with the charger so replace the whole exhaust system (header all the way to the back)
Old 09-09-2003, 06:20 PM   #4
CivicSlug
1st Gear

Sorry "sohc_vtec" I didn't list previous mods, I'm new. Check New Kid for complete list. Im just looking for some input past what has already been done to my car? "pdiggity" an AFC is what Ive been looking into. Will it really help?
CivicSlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 07:19 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

youd be able to tune the air/fuel ratio to an extent yes (lean it out or make it more rich) If you dont know what youre doing it will take some time.
Basically, the more boost you run, the more fuel you'll need to run safely. If it comes to a high enough point, you'd want to invest in injectors and a fuel pump. But like sohc said, the jrsc is pretty complete and doesnt run that high of boost, so you might not need anything.
Get some gauges (EGT at the least, a/f only works at wot for us) and that'll tell you the situation on the a/f...use the afc to tune that. IMO an safc would be fine because vtecs at a good point stock
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 06:27 PM   #6
thermal
Banning Machine

Do u know what size of pulley it will come with? It comes in a stock 6psi pulley but it's also available in 8psi and up. At 6psi pulley, no other mods is required. However, get a boost gauge and an EGT and/or AF ratio gauge. Those are a must in order to monitor the efficiency of your set-up. If the pulley is above 6psi, I recommend to get a walbro 255LPH fuel pump added. You should also get a liquid intercooler the JR makes. If you can still spot some cash, get a minimum of 370cc injectors from Venom or RC. Bigger injectors makes a lot of difference when it comes to Force induction. As far as the V/SAFC goes, it's not mandatory to have it, but as pdiggitydogg said, it allow for fine tuning of your A/F ratio, meaning a likeliness of increase in horsepower gain. The only thing is, to properly tune using your V/SAFC, you will have to do it in a dyno..... Peace out and goodluck with your project.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote