Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2003, 11:52 PM   #1
Spazum888
3rd Gear

went to the dealership.....

went to the dealership on friday i think.. err no wed... me, my mom, and my friend jason, we went and after 6 hours for looking at cars we were done... so we went into this dealership, crystler/ jeep courtsy dealership... and we say a honda perlude... we were so tired of dealing wth salesman my mom and jay just stayed in the car.... and a guys comes running up and is like "Hi my name is sam . bla bla bla" basicly i told him we have been looking all day, and i have about 8 salesman cards to prove it ..... so sam says "give me 15 mis and let me see wut i can do for you" so i was like alright, cant hurt.... and he grabs a guy... dan, now my brother and i meet dan a while back when we test drove a GS Eclipse Spyder.... very easy going big guy, but didnt know much about cars... some of the stuff he said about them didnt quite make sence.... telling us this really heavy car with a basic engien has "power" .... it didnt. so he grabs dan, and i act all friendly... just kinda let it roll off... no big deal.... and i told him... no bs im looking for a 5 speed with pwr windwos and pwr locks, with in $8k. so he knew wut i was looking for... so dan gets on the computer with sam overlooking... and shoot some cars by me... and dan is like "Hey i tell you wut, i got a car that is a 1999, 5 speed, pwr windows and locks for $8,700, its charcole gray, and is still on warrenty" im thinking sweet, a nice integra or maybe a jeep with some dings.......... oh but no. it was a Hyundai Sonata..... so we get out there cuz my mom just wanted to take a look cuz it was still on warrenty... he got the 5 speed, pwr windows and locks right... but then he tries telling that its being pushed by a honda engien.... (i thought they were made by korea or canada...) and that we can mod this car and add a window tint, and that a window tint will totally change how the car looks. im till thinking no matter how dark the windows are its still gonna be a Hyundai. so i got kinda steamed that he wasted my time.... so im ready to go... its not worth it... anways dan is like "we just got this trade in, its a 1993 Mazda MX6, 5 speed... so im thinking ok that would be cool .... i asked if their was any pic of it... so he proceds to look on cardomain.com and finds some pic of the car thats all hooked up with new paint jobs, rims, ground effects, and hot women hanging off the car..... lame move with my mom there, but it gave us a look at the car. so we said we would think about it and dan said he could get it to the dealership in a few days... so friday rolls around and i get this message from him saying that its in and i can come by anytime to take a look. i was busy over the weekend, but all weekend im getting to see more pics of this car and its not bad... i like. i call up the insureance company to see how much it will cost me a month... im getting all physced about this. so monday my mom calls just to make sure its still there and to let him know we were comming by to take a look at it. so we get down there, and dan is busy with someone else so i take a walk down by the used cars to try and find it... i wanted to see it. couldnt find it, so i asked the detailer guy if he has seen a red mazda mx6, and he had no clue... so i was like ok. waited inside for about 5 mins and dan gets another guy to help out.... and is like "oh yeah it drives nice, it has some power behind it, bla bla bla bla , oh ya its a MX3, not an MX6....

OMFG i was so pissed.... i was almost in shock.... first he tries playing me for a fool by telling me all this stuff that isnt true while test driving the eclipse, then he waste my time by showing me the sonata..... THEN he lies to me just to keep me around.... totally wrong.... so now im back to square one... but i have been looking. so that is my story... sry its so long...

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Spazum888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:04 AM   #2
Spazum888
3rd Gear

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

basicly, this guy gave me the run around all weekend telling me he has a mazda mx6 that he just got in a trade in turns out to be a mx3, crappy paint job, but low miles.... i was super pissed.

Old 07-01-2003, 12:28 AM   #3
sc0rch

your looking in all the wrong places it seems..........

what you need to do is get on autotrader and looks for some cars you like and figure out what price ranges they are in........

after you get an idea of a couple cars you wanna look for with prices in mind you do this.......

go to the dealer........when the leaches(salesmen) come up to you and say "can i help you" or whatever....say "yeah,I'm looking for these cars(tell him what you want) and i want these options(again tell him what you want) and i already know the prices and book value of all the cars so i want one for this price(blah blah give a price)"

then once he starts showing you stuff out of the range of things your looking for.....get shitty with him.......say "look man i know what kinda car i want and thats what i'm set on and nothing else so if your not gonna find me what i want then i'm going somewhere else"

now if they have another lot somewhere......they will deffinately look for that car(or cars).....or call some places and find it.......trust me............and if not...just leave and go somewhere else and do the same thing..........be hard assed with them.....

also makesure you tell them that you have gotten nothing but a hard time at otherplaces and dont feel like looking at 50 cars that arent what you listed to them.......be specific on the car you want......they want to sell you something thats hard to get rid of or will make them the most $ from the sale.........oh and the base price for the car matters....but if you tell them you only want to spend X amount of $ a month they might beable to put you into something newer with a longer term for less money.......and tell them you want the price you figured out to include tax and title.........

Also.........if you can.....(using a civic for example) a car say at lot b......say it's a red civic with everything you want or a little less or whatever.........but there is a green one loaded at lot A.......get the car from lot b and drive it to lot A and mess with um a little........and give them some BS about how much they are offering it to you for..........and if they say

"well i wont be making alot of money if i sell it for that cheep" then say "well you sell more than 1 car a week dont you?"

also try and say stuff like "ok thats fine i guess i'll take this one(the car you took to lot A) and "Damn,I wanted to buy from here since i've herd good things about the service and blah blah"

Just work the leaches like they try and work you.......
Old 07-01-2003, 12:44 AM   #4
zm_dawg

both long posts .....scorch is right....you can never just walk in and buy a car....but like you said you were dicked around for weeks....good luck searching....
Old 07-01-2003, 03:23 AM   #5
mylittlecivic

go to ebay lol j/k im sorry about that

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:13 AM   #6
Duckydos

I'm going to start up a letter to ***** at the dealership. Our family has bought 2 cars from them, and then we get dicked around by some salesman. Totally wasted their time by them going out there.

Another thing that is pissing me off, they won't give me a record of my service records :\ I got the car from them at 72,xxx miles, and don't know if the timing belt was changed by them or not (the alternator/AC/PS belt was changed).

So, never stepping in that dealership again. I pointed Spazzum to www.sharpcars.cc which has some nice cars (with higher milage, in his price range though) in our area.

-Ducky
Old 07-01-2003, 11:34 PM   #7
Shot 2 Hel

police auctions
Old 07-02-2003, 12:36 AM   #8
DavidH

auctions are a pain in the butt too, unless u have a dealer license...most of the "nice" cars are reserved for dealers only. at least thats how it was at the one i went to.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:52 AM   #9
Spazum888
3rd Gear

ya... see i do my homework... i look on www.edmunds.com and www.kbb.com to see wut the car price should be... i also look on www.autotrader.com to check out wut people are selling them for, cuz a car is only worth wut people will buy it for. must defently do a carfax report on it if im serous about buying it.... ive just been getting the run around from this dealership.... they just wanna sell me a car, dont care if its the car i want or not.

Old 07-03-2003, 12:03 AM   #10
Shot 2 Hel

pretty much