::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2003, 02:18 PM   #1
accord98lx

projector

Are the projector headlights direct bolt in to the stock headlight systems? What I mean is do I have to change anything like adding new bulbs and stuff? I think the projector have like 5 bulbs..does the stock even have that much bulbs?!
Old 03-17-2003, 12:22 AM   #2
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

i have a set on my car all i had to do was plug them up but when it came to the foglights i had to run the wires and all the other fun suff but it wasnt hard took about a hour to swap them out and maybe 45 min to wire up fogs and adjust them
ifeldwn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 12:52 AM   #3
Duckydos

First, projector headlights aren't just a bulb, but a whole assembly. With your stock housing, you have 4 options. First, you can get "hyperwhite" bulbs, that's about $40 or so (well, since your low and high beams are two different sets of bulbs, it will be between $60 and $80). Or you can always replace the headlights themselves with projector headlamps... Or you can get an HID conversion kit that are bright as hell but that will set you back around $750.
Or, you try taking the amber out of the bottom, giving the headlight a much cleaner look. This is what I did.
It took SlowEJ6 and I about 4 hours to do, and really tested our patience, but it really paid off in the end.

(edit: this can also be done for EJ6 headlights, similar instructions).

Anyways, if you're interested, I can let you know how I did it, but if not, that's cool.

-Ducky
Old 03-17-2003, 01:02 AM   #4
Duckydos

Projector headlights for your car would look something like this:

or

You'll notice that projects use a spherical like glass ball that the light is shined into, and then focused in a narrow, but strong path. This helps light up the road. It also gives off weird colors at different angles... converting your stock housing to projectors is pretty much impossible, unless you JB Welded some (projector) fog lamps into the housing. That would be ghetto rigged from hell.

-Ducky
Old 03-17-2003, 01:09 PM   #5
accord98lx

Thanks for the info ducky but let me ask my question in another form.

All I have to do is simply replace the stock with projector headlights and Im good to go right? No Adding/Removing wires or other stuff. (Its like installing a brand new set of stock headlights but projectors instead, requires no mod"
Old 03-17-2003, 08:54 PM   #6
Duckydos

Most project headlights that you buy will bolt right into the same holes and have the same number of bulbs(4). That's highbeam, low beam, turn signal, and bottom marker. Most will come with a new set of hyperwhite bulbs, but if it doesn't, you'll have to use you to use your old bulbs.
All wiring should be the same.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:10 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

and keep in mind that all the aftermarket projectors suck. i have yet to see one that will produce enough light for good visibility lateat night

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 10:46 PM   #8
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

they dont give off that much light why i sold mine but also i meant to take the bumper off take the old lights out and put the new ones in took me a hour and to run the wires took me about 45min and them allign the beams

as far as the lights shown above i had a friend buy a pair of those and they sucked alot more than the ones i had (would never line up)
Old 03-18-2003, 01:03 AM   #9
accord98lx

Ok so projector sucks.....one a scale of 1 to 5..how hard is to clear the head lights?

Here how I know how to remove the orange strip.

take headlamps off, then take a hairdryer and take a flathead driver and gently spread the headlamps apart. once apart, theres screw holding down the orange strip right? not glue or adhesive.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:45 AM   #10
Duckydos

There isn't even a screw holding them, its just placed in there. I would say about a 3.5. Hearder then say, brake pads, but not as hard as replacing a belt...
And that's the exact process. Just make sure you use a good "goop" and do a good job sealing it back up. i have had a few problems with it "fogging" after a heavy rain.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:03 AM   #11
G33K

Quote:
Originally posted by Duckydos
There isn't even a screw holding them, its just placed in there. I would say about a 3.5. Hearder then say, brake pads, but not as hard as replacing a belt...
And that's the exact process. Just make sure you use a good "goop" and do a good job sealing it back up. i have had a few problems with it "fogging" after a heavy rain.

And living in Florida doesn't help with the high humidity!
Old 03-18-2003, 10:54 AM   #12
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

i had a friend try it on his but they dont look to pretty when the hood is open (they didnt want to seal well so he mad them work ) but the lights them self look ok
Old 03-18-2003, 10:56 AM   #13
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

just a thought and i have seem it on a coupl of cars but get some vinal the same color as the car and place it over the orange strip less work and not as much risk of damage to the headlights