::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2001, 11:29 PM   #1
OneDopeTeg

help with HKS EVC EZ!

Ok turbo gurus....This is not for a Honda but I assume it applies to all turbos.....my friend has a Nissan SR20DET in his 92 Sentra SE-R and we need to know how to hook up his HKS boost controller.....freekin Japanese directions....WTF!! We have the electrical figured....just cant get the tubing situation figured out. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-13-2001, 01:05 AM   #2
toykilla

Is it an internal or external wastegate?? I would think it is internal so here it goes... I havent seen the HKS boost controller but im assuming its like mine and has a silinoid. The vacumm hose that attaches to the "IN" port on the silinoid attaches to the actulator if i remember correctly. The "OUT" port would goto the turbocharger casing. there should already be a vaccum going from turbo to act. anyways...remove it and add the new vaccums.
From the back of the boost controller, you should have gotten a "T" fitting....just attach that to the same vacumm that the boost gauge attaches to. and BOOOOOOOOOOOOM its working
Old 11-13-2001, 07:27 PM   #3
BlazinCrx

The EZ actually uses a stepping motor and has three lines...the best way to get americanized instructions would be to call HKS and have them fax them to you.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:45 PM   #4
toykilla

Hmm...3 lines, Nice to see that HKS doesnt make it easy for people. LOL Try http://www.hks-power.com I think thats their site.
Old 11-15-2001, 08:37 PM   #5
OneDopeTeg

thanks....the HKS site doesnt have any boost controllers on it. I guess we gotta cave in and call HKS