::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2001, 05:58 PM   #1
xbird

in the middle of installations

i have put my gauges up already, just didn't connect them yet.... looks great ! hehe.. and it's snowig outside!! freaking cold !!!! bad day for installation !
ok.. here is the question, i am trying to install the tube for the boost gaue, but i can't find a hole to go outside of the car !!! do i need to drill a hole or something?? help plz !!!!!
another question, for the a/f gauge, i am trying to hook up the signal line, but it's so so so so short that i can't even get it to the ECU, i can extend the wire, right? but the wire is made out of metal, not copper, is that ok that i use copper wire to connect it?? let me know
thanks !!!
HURRY ! I WANT TO GET IT DONE BY TONIGHT !!
Old 11-25-2001, 05:33 AM   #2
Boosted3g

You may have to jsut frill a hose in the firewall. Be sure to use a gromet so it wont damage any on the tubing running through. AS for the a/f gauge which ne did you get, Greddy? I have an autometer one and it has a regular wire. Anyway if you jsut solder a wire onto the end it wil probably be ok. I would wait till Monday and call Greddy to see what they have to say.
Old 11-25-2001, 08:29 PM   #3
xbird

Yo thanks for the info !
i got my a/f ratio gauge, but i don't know how it works... coz it jumps around !
for the boost gauge, i tried to tap it into the vacuum hose to the fpr ! but the hose is is SOOO SHORT ! and my T tube is so big ! it's not enough space for the t tube to go in ! and that hose is so small ! it's hard for me to put the t tube in! any idea how to make this working?? HELP PLZ !
i cut the hose already ! is that ok??
Old 11-25-2001, 09:55 PM   #4
toykilla

a bit more information. what kind of a/f gauge? if its autometer then it should jump around. the only time it matters is when your petal is on the floor. then it should be rich. (GREEN) the boost gauge..you need a special adapter that you can get from any autometer retailer.
Old 11-25-2001, 09:57 PM   #5
xbird

thanks, now i know how the a/f ratio gauge works

i didn't get any special adapter, but i have found so many adapters from this site : http://home.nycap.rr.com/ghjrsc/gauges.html
and i know how it works
but my problem is not the adapter, it's the TEE !!!
Canadian tire doesn't have a small TEE all it has it's a universal size TEE which is useless !!!!
any idea how to get this working?? HELP HELP HELP
Old 11-25-2001, 11:13 PM   #6
xbird

YOYOYOYOYOYOYO!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!
With my grandfather's help, i got my boost gauge working !
here is how it works, if u guys are interest in it :
because the tee is a freaking big universal size which means you can cut to whatever size u want, it would fit the small vacuum hose without cutting the TEE, but the TEE will be too big, coz the vaumm hose to the fpr is short ! so... what can i do??
well.. then i cut both sides of the TEE, which gives me a a big hole on both side of the TEE, then I PUT THE VACUUM HOSE INTO THE TEE !! HAHAHA... but before i put my hose in, i cut a little hole on the hose to let the air goes into my tube through the TEE! and i used some glue to make sure no air comes out between the tee and the hose ! so now the TEE is on the outside of the hose ! THIS IS MY GRANDFATHER'S IDEA !!! HE IS SO SMART !! HEHEE....
anyways, now when the car is at idle, it reads about 13 psi vacuum ! when i step my gas, it reads 0, is this right??

for the a/f ratio gauge, why does it always jumps around? when my car is running, it jumps around, when my car is at idle, sometimes it stops at rich, sometimes it jumps around... how come?? is this right??
and i think my car is running rich, any ideas what is causing this??

let me know ! thanks for all the help guys !!
Old 12-01-2001, 02:15 PM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by xbird
..................for the a/f ratio gauge, why does it always jumps around? when my car is running, it jumps around, when my car is at idle, sometimes it stops at rich, sometimes it jumps around... how come?? is this right??
and i think my car is running rich, any ideas what is causing this??
let me know ! thanks for all the help guys !!
...that's normal bro. the a/f gauge reads a specific volt or resistance reading. when exhaust gas passes by the O2 sensor, the sensor converts this into an electrical input to the ECU. this electrical input fluctuates because gas flow is not steady. there is nothing wrong with that. once u press the pedal hard, that is when the reading becomes vital.......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote