Old 03-02-2003, 11:37 PM   #2
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Are u writing a point-of view essay?

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 11:39 PM   #3
ShEaNy

lol....i hate that shit i say only for presricption drugs...for whatever it "cures" i dunno...i wanna beat my freinds for smoking it....like are they legalizing it for everyone...or just medical..at home type people..(sick people) im clueless....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 11:58 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i say decriminalize, not legalize. theres a difference. it is not a hard drug like coke, heroine, beans, etc. it is aboutn like alchohal but cant OD o nit, no documented cases directly linking a single death to marajuana use, and its not addicting

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 01:25 AM   #5
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

It isnt?

Well anyways, I personally think it should stay the way it is right now. I think its dumb as **** to smoke weed for any purpose other than medical.

There are some who use it for pleasure, those who use it to help with pain. Fine with me. Those who smoke it for pleasure, stay the **** away from me.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 02:04 AM   #6
accord98lx

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
i say decriminalize, not legalize. theres a difference. it is not a hard drug like coke, heroine, beans, etc. it is aboutn like alchohal but cant OD o nit, no documented cases directly linking a single death to marajuana use, and its not addicting

Didnt you see the anti-drug ad where that black dude was at his bro's funeral or something...then some narrator said that the lil kid was killed by a driver under the influece of marijuana...and that the lil kid was his bro?? anyone saw it??
Old 03-03-2003, 08:20 AM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Im going to say for medical use only. I dont really have a strong feeling one way or the other. I dont do the stuff, so I really dont care.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:28 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Man...this brings back some memories. When I was in middle/high school I smoked 3 times a day, every day. Now that I'm older I realize what an idiot I was. I became apathetic and lathargic and got kicked out of one school and into an "alternative" school. I actually got a "D" in gym since I ditched so much to get high. I can say from personal experience that it's total bullshit when people say it's harmless. It's like any other drug...it's only harmless until you get too wrapped up in it and you can't predict who will be the same person I was. I can't tell others not to do it since that would be hypocritical but I can definitely say it f*!ked up my high school life. And Chriscan'tskate...I can't tell you of anyone who ever died or OD'ed from smoking weed, but I've got a friend who almost did. We smoked on a friend's birthday and he had a seizure...apparently from a reaction with his medication. If we had waited much longer to call an ambulance he would've died (knock on wood). Yes, he was on medication but few people in this country aren't for one reason or another. I just feel luck to have sobered up in time to call an ambulance and still have a good friend around.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 08:30 AM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by accord98lx
Didnt you see the anti-drug ad where that black dude was at his bro's funeral or something...then some narrator said that the lil kid was killed by a driver under the influece of marijuana...and that the lil kid was his bro?? anyone saw it??

i didnt say legalize it, i dont think people should smoke and drive, your putting words in my mouth

Old 03-03-2003, 10:31 AM   #10
accord98lx

Quote:
i didnt say legalize it, i dont think people should smoke and drive, your putting words in my mouth

What words did I put in your mouth??

[quote]no documented cases directly linking a single death to marajuana use, and its not addicting[quote]

I was just saying if anyone saw the commercial...I mean it did linked his lil bro death due to his marijuana use...
Old 03-03-2003, 11:09 AM   #11
mt.biker

I think smokes and marijuana should both be taken off the streets.

I've seen too many people stop perfectly good dreams because weed was more fun. For medical reasons I can understand but at 14 years old NO ONE needs to be smoking between classes.

I've distanced myself from the whole weed thing and to be frank with you, no one neeeds to be smoking anything.. sigs or weed. Get them both off the streets and people will be healthier.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:10 AM   #12
msvtec14

There are really major pros and cons to this subject. Marijuana is not proven physically addictive. Obviously, it can be mentally addictive. When you smoke it on a regular basis, you're going to feel that you "need" to smoke. Ok, I'm out and about in the party scene quite a bit. I can't tell you how many fights I have seen because someone is all drunk and stupid and they grow "beer muscles". How many times have I seen that happen to someone after they just hit the bong? None. I've never heard of anyone piling up their car because they smoked a blunt. I have several friends that have piled up their cars and gotten DUI's because they were stupid enough to drink and drive. If marijuana is ever legalized it needs to be done so under government regulations. However, it is a "gateway" drug. You start to think, "Well, I smoked weed so doing mushrooms can't be bad. It's natural." and then, "Well, I did mushrooms and that made me hallucinate, so how bad can acid me for me?". I know this from personal experience when I was younger and from all the people that I'm no longer friends with because they're all on serious shit.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:03 PM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
I think smokes and marijuana should both be taken off the streets.

I've seen too many people stop perfectly good dreams because weed was more fun. For medical reasons I can understand but at 14 years old NO ONE needs to be smoking between classes.

I've distanced myself from the whole weed thing and to be frank with you, no one neeeds to be smoking anything.. sigs or weed. Get them both off the streets and people will be healthier.

this is true, but then alchohal needs to be taken off the street, you can even push it as far as fatty food. it slowly kills you and you enjoy it. im not pro or con for weed. i believe if a person does any intoxication, they need to regulate themselves and learn to prioratize. you can become mentaly and physicaly addicted to alchohal, caffeine, and many common pain relievers and alchohal is proven to impare driving, and honestly, theres no law against driving stoned. it is not a good idea, but TECHNICALY it isnt against the law.

you said you know of someone who was stoned and got in an accident, well, i know 2e879531264958165893624895136458917638297561378956 1298 people who have been sober and caused deadly accidents, does that mean we should outlaw driving all together?

you guys fail to realize that alot, actulay almost all things "bad" against marajuana also happen to sober people, and theres no way to know if they are currently stoned, only that they've smoked in the past 20-30 days.

i hate the propaghandaon TV that says smoking marajuana increases teenage pregnency and wreckless driving, when your stoned you dont wana speed and fvck people, you wana eat twinkies and cheesy poofs. i feel that alcohal is a much worse drug for you, both for the body and for others around you. the only way your going to kill someone stoned is laughing them to death, you dont have the will to fight, or the ability to get mad.

i have grown up in the 90's i did get involved in stuff i probobly shouldnt have, i know the effects, i know the damages. and weed CAN be handled by anyone who dosnt abuse it, same with beer. you can drink once a week and not drop out of school, but if you drink every night, then duh, your not going to get shit done.

theres the smoking argument that IS true. you will damage your lungs by smoking, but i dont know how many of yo uhave smoked, or know alot about it, but you smoke MUCH less actual smoke than in anything else you smoke. however there has been countless lab tests done and any other form of ingestion has no damaging side effects.

i am NOT saying go out and light up by any means, i dont think any intoxications are a good idea, i dont want anyone to think im pro weed in any way, its just that theres alot... ALOT of grey area on this subject because it is labeled as a "drug" where the truth of the matter is its no worse than alot of common everyday products you can buy at the store

Old 03-03-2003, 04:13 PM   #14
mt.biker

Mate I wasn't talking about death by stoners I was refering to the fact that these people I have seen become low lifes and just live for their next smoke.

All the points you raised are valid, i just think with all thats out tehre something else doesn't need to be made any easier.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:32 PM   #15
Of17

I dont think Anyone should smoke da shyt cost money.. which could be put to a car! lol
Old 03-03-2003, 04:56 PM   #16
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Of17...dude...you stole my avitar....not cool... (jfwy...sorta)

Well I think its stupid to begin with...but if its legalized then its legalized...but I seriously doubt that it will be any time soon
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 05:46 PM   #17
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
Mate I wasn't talking about death by stoners I was refering to the fact that these people I have seen become low lifes and just live for their next smoke.

All the points you raised are valid, i just think with all thats out tehre something else doesn't need to be made any easier.

i agree that there are alot of people who turn into pot heads who cant do anything but think about the next time they can get high, there are also alchohalics that are that way too. i think that in a perfect world there would be no intoxicants and everyone could party sober and have a blast.

Old 03-03-2003, 05:58 PM   #18
OPAKRACING

I think they should legalize it.

One: because people are smoking it anyways....And if bush really wants to stop the drug war...er part of it...he'd legalize it....more people die from shady people who rip there clients off and then get in a fight, and possible somone getting killed.

Two: Marijuana is harmless. there has never been a recorded death from it.

Why is alchol legal, and weed not? You can do way mo damage while under the effects of alcohol, which is legal, than marijuana.

Its natural....i don't think they should ban anything thats natural....may be some exceptions.... i might have missed some points from your guyses posts.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:00 PM   #19
OPAKRACING

Quote:
[i]All the points you raised are valid, i just think with all thats out tehre something else doesn't need to be made any easier. [/b]

Its pretty damn easy to get...i can walk up to any of my hooks at school, and they can always hook me...but then again, i do live in a town where theres a lot of people who grow, adn theres a lot of hippies, heh.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:15 PM   #20
OPAKRACING

I DO think they should put an age limit on it tho....like 21 most likely, so they';re out of school before they can start smokin....altho, the age limit wouldn't stop kids from doin it....It's going to be really hard to get the kids under 18 to stop doing it...
Old 03-03-2003, 06:17 PM   #21
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
I think they should legalize it.

One: because people are smoking it anyways....And if bush really wants to stop the drug war...er part of it...he'd legalize it....more people die from shady people who rip there clients off and then get in a fight, and possible somone getting killed.

Two: Marijuana is harmless. there has never been a recorded death from it.

Why is alchol legal, and weed not? You can do way mo damage while under the effects of alcohol, which is legal, than marijuana.

Its natural....i don't think they should ban anything thats natural....may be some exceptions.... i might have missed some points from your guyses posts.

you just covered what was already said but with no detail

Old 03-03-2003, 06:25 PM   #22
OPAKRACING

well........i think it needed to be said again.......heh
Old 03-03-2003, 06:55 PM   #23
Shot 2 Hel

man it can mess you up. One of my cousins cant barely give her 1 1/2 year old kid b/c she is always getting high. She even stole my brother's 12's so it might not physically F**k you up but it will ruin your life.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:36 PM   #24
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
man it can mess you up. One of my cousins cant barely give her 1 1/2 year old kid b/c she is always getting high. She even stole my brother's 12's so it might not physically F**k you up but it will ruin your life.

theres people who gamble that are like that though... decriminalizing it would make it a ticket offence not a criminal offence that way, you get a fine for smoking then, not jail time.

there are artists who get so into painting that they dont work or support their family, the same with the drunk rednecks who sit around and watch tv all day. they dont support their families either. i can go on. it makes no sence why its not legal, but its not, and im not going to try to change the world or law, if you asked my opinion, it would be to make dealing illegal, and have home grown decriminalized.

Old 03-03-2003, 08:12 PM   #25
cashizslick

Weed turns people into passive IDIOTS. Does it impare driving? Yes - just cause there are no statistics doesnt mean anything, anybody who has smoked and drove a car before knows damn well they dont drive as well as if they were straight.

Passive Idiots will destroy America, they are too lazy to vote, listen to the news, think, and do anything productive.

My 2cents
Old 03-03-2003, 08:15 PM   #26
cashizslick

Quote:

So are Coke and Shrooms - should they be legal?
Old 03-03-2003, 08:45 PM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:

go eat poison ivy. hoestly its points like that, that will weaken an argument. its not only retarted, but pointless. there are TONS of natrual plants that will kill you or severely hurt you... ever herd of angel trumpits?

Old 03-03-2003, 08:52 PM   #28
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
Weed turns people into passive IDIOTS. Does it impare driving? Yes - just cause there are no statistics doesnt mean anything, anybody who has smoked and drove a car before knows damn well they dont drive as well as if they were straight.

Passive Idiots will destroy America, they are too lazy to vote, listen to the news, think, and do anything productive.

My 2cents

you are addressing a aspect of the argument called obvious. this isnt an argument of the effects, it is, and i will state for the 3rd time in this particular thread, not as bad as liquor. look at the town drunk, how capable is he of doing anything? he's not. i bet you would be supprised how many people actualy do smoke. the % is MUCH MUCH higher than you would think. its just people can.... CONTROL themselves. anyone who abuses a substance of any kind will turn into an idiot. i am not saying you drive the same, but how exactly does is impare your driving? you drive different, more cautious, but i dont think worse is the correct word. alchohal is illegal to "use" before or while driving because your vision is changed, your motor skills are hindered(including reation time), and your judgment is gone. i will say i do not believe it is a good idea to smoke and drive, and do not recommend it to anyone who does choose to smoke. your argument is based around the idea that if its legal its going to be a 24-7 smoke fest. we will have a country of morons if that happens. i think it is a alternative to drinking, nothing more, nothing less

Old 03-03-2003, 09:21 PM   #29
OPAKRACING

Quote:
go eat poison ivy. hoestly its points like that, that will weaken an argument. its not only retarted, but pointless. there are TONS of natrual plants that will kill you or severely hurt you... ever herd of angel trumpits?

i said "...and there maybe exceptions..."

Coke is an exception, heroin is an exception...altho coke and heroin aren't natural...coke is made with gasoline and some other chemicals...there fore (in my mind) classifying it as, 'not natural'...in my eyes, natural is, shrooms, weed, salvia, morning glory, and i'm prolly missing a lot, but those are the ones i am faced with everyday...peeps offering n shit. Also, LSD is not natural, it began natural, but then they had to do the process of making it, which made it almost all artificial.

I guess i wasn't clear enough.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #30
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick

My 2cents

This is very true...but only if oyu abuse it....a lot of people do abuse it, adn i am not justifying it by saying this, but isn't it there right?

(hehe, don't mean to sound like a hippy) but a person that does it every once in a while, and doesn't abuse it like myself, should have to suffer consiquences for somthing that was given by God. ya know.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:28 PM   #31
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

yo for real...just because its natural doesnt mean its good for you or cant hurt you...there are LOTS of exceptions... Most recent experience w/ weed was just last week in cali (I didnt do it I have made a vow not too for myself) and I have to say that if something like that really makes a person say "DOOOOOOOD! Watch me eat this bag of dry mac and cheese...uh...cheese! HAHAHAHA" and then proceed to do so and then make them eat the dry noodles in a mini can of COLD chef boyardi (sp) with their hands...shouldnt be legal...oh and there was regular food in the room too
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 09:48 PM   #32
zm_dawg

Well, I'm pretty much with Chris on all of this...I'm in a pretty small town about an hour north of Milwaukee and we see it all. OPAK not sure what your comments about your school and all being able to get the hook aka getting hooked up mean...shit doesn't make anyone cool or not...I used to smoke a lot in my sophmore and junior years in high school....skipped school and drive for 10 and smoke 2 bowls and be done for the next period or two until the next open break....definately....wasn't worth it...it was like the middle of my junior year and i got really depressed when a pretty cool guy committed suicide....just smoked a lot and thought about everything and i needed to change fast. Teachers were calling and shit...as far as I driving....i'd say the opposite of drinking...it's just calms and relaxes you...yeah you reaction time but if you cna't compromise and realize how you are....then you shouldn't be driving some control themselves better then others. The only hard part about driving....was like ok i'm 17 with 4 people in the car at midnight in the middle of bum****egypt and your just paranoid as shit thinking what if....thats what always got me and finally made me look at my life and realize it's high school going to have to get over it....Senior year i'd smoke maybe on weekends and shit but i quickly cut back and now haven't smoked for like 4-5 months...it should be legalized...it's not like an addiction sure you'll get to the point where you may need to smoke more for the buzz you want..but it's not like...i ever started shaking and spazzing cause i wasn't high....actually it's overrated....i've never done any other drug...it's just pot...and thats how everyone thinks about it here....don't know where i really wanted to go with this.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:48 PM   #33
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
i said "...and there maybe exceptions..."

Coke is an exception, heroin is an exception...altho coke and heroin aren't natural...coke is made with gasoline and some other chemicals...there fore (in my mind) classifying it as, 'not natural'...in my eyes, natural is, shrooms, weed, salvia, morning glory, and i'm prolly missing a lot, but those are the ones i am faced with everyday...peeps offering n shit. Also, LSD is not natural, it began natural, but then they had to do the process of making it, which made it almost all artificial.

I guess i wasn't clear enough.

crack is made with coke and cemicals, coke is made from the leaves of the cocoa plant

Old 03-03-2003, 09:52 PM   #34
PoleMan14

Another point I thought I would bring up quick is the money the government would save if it was legal. They spend billions each year on working to stop differnent organizations smuggling drugs in.

I don't really care if it's made legal or not becasue i'm not stupid enough to smoke it either way.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:56 PM   #35
OPAKRACING

Quote:
crack is made with coke and cemicals, coke is made from the leaves of the cocoa plant

You can't just snort ground up cocoa leaves....you need to make the coke. gasoline is one of the things they mixed in it.

i mean totaly natural...like, freshly picked and dryed weed, freshly picked and dried shrooms...you know what i mean.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:01 PM   #36
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by accord98lx

Yeah, I saw it. And I laughed my ass off. If you want a reaction from people you need plausible marketing and believable characters. Not some bullshit about "this is cartel that sold to the dealer that sold Timmy his dime bag". What does it tell you when in the "war on drugs" the people who are HIGH are winning? Is there someone who can be publicly beaten for this?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:02 PM   #37
OPAKRACING

yea, those commercials are total BS
Old 03-03-2003, 10:07 PM   #38
RU_Teg

I think they should Legalize weed...I mean either way people are going to do it so just make it legal...Its not exactly a bad drug... ...well I like it and it doesnt have any bad effects on me...my purple haze is like straight laughing gas... ...so ya i think they should legalize it..
Old 03-03-2003, 10:11 PM   #39
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by RU_Teg
I think they should Legalize weed...I mean either way people are going to do it so just make it legal...Its not exactly a bad drug... ...well I like it and it doesnt have any bad effects on me...my purple haze is like straight laughing gas... ...so ya i think they should legalize it..

'
OMG, you have purple haze? Thats like amsterdam shit

where you live?
Old 03-03-2003, 10:14 PM   #40
RU_Teg

Quote:
'
OMG, you have purple haze? Thats like amsterdam shit

where you live?

I live in the NY in the bronx....but I get my weed from the best place in NY which is Post ave. in manhattan...they have THE best purple haze i have ever smoked and I have smoked from a lot of places...I buy a 20 bottle of purple haze for the weekend but during the week i just buy dimes of reg. greens if I wanna smoke at home...