Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2002, 12:32 PM   #1
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Ranting 101 With Derekscivic

Ok first off I'm getting a little annoyed with the word "rice" or "ricer" now. I mean, what isn't rice anymore? Rims are rice, body kits are rice, custom paint is obviously rice, so are some lights that you put on your car, wings are rice, projector headlights are rice, etc etc etc....do you see what I'm getting at. What isn't rice anymore...the reason why i'm posting this is because frankly im getting sick of hearing that. I mean here is what I noticed. You take a show car. It doesn't have to be a hella hella modded show car either, and put it in the show, everybody would be drooling over it. "Oh man that's soo nice" but then the second it hits the streets. BAM....oh FVck that's rice. I can't talk to him because his car is rice. The reason why I bring this up is because I was at a show last weekend and that happened. People were all over these cars at the show and loved them so much, but when they hit the streets later on, the cars sucked. I don't get it. And it's starting to piss me off. I guess the only thing that isn't "rice" anymore would be a stock car. But what's the fun in that?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 12:46 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I agree Derek. People get trashed on for doing stuff to their car constantly. I admit, I don't like big wings, big kits, etc. but I really appreciate a nicely dropped car on some nice rims. Peole who consider this rice are people I don't want to hang out with.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 12:47 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmmm you make a good point. i usually don't refer to cars as being rice unless they are untastefully done. i guess it became a trend to call a non-stock car rice.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 12:50 PM   #4
incubus86

stock isn't rice!
Old 08-30-2002, 12:54 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by incubus86
stock isn't rice!

if it would be to follow the trend the mustangs will be factory rice: non-functional hood scoop.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 01:47 PM   #6
richmclaren

Ah! You said exactly what I've wanted to say for the longest time. My car doesn't have a lot of mods on it, and I'm not too worried about it either. I just like having a lowered car with some good shocks and nice wheels. (Form as well as function.) I wish people would just understand that I'm not doing stuff to my car just because I want to look "cool."

On another note, I've never really heard anyone use the term "rice" for an tastelessly done car: I always hear "that's ghetto."
Old 08-30-2002, 02:41 PM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

regardless if you want to call it ghetto, rice, or untasteful, it still is pissing me off. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though, and for the 5 seconds that you have to see that car or sit beside that car at a light, it just makes you look better. I have a MOMO steering wheel, and greddy SP exhaust. I have been called rice because I haven't spent money on rims and a drop yet. All in due time though because that's all coming this winter. As well as a PS2 and a LCD screen all white and blue dyed/vinyled interior, and blue paint. Call me rice if you want, but I'm going to be the one with the gurl sitting shot gun. Oh yeah...and a turbo this winter also

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 04:42 PM   #8
mylittlecivic

Hey if your car looks good then thats what matters If i saw a car that i really liked with a body kit ect.. (which ive seen a ton of them) Rice doesnt even come to my mind Im just like damn that car looks good. But if they got some shitty car with no mods and a dual plane spoiler then I'd say that theyre kinda ricey

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote