::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2003, 04:32 PM   #1
nonovurbizniz

OMFG... new job

Ok it's kind a long story but I'll keep it as brief as possible...

My brother was looking for a car a while back and found this place that sells salvage title cars for cheap....

I inquired about rear-end totaled integras (to buy strip and part out to sell on ebay etc...) he said I could get them cheap but it never worked out... he was WAY too busy doing what he does...

I had left a 1k deposit with him to try to get a car... so I went to pick it up after it hadn't worked out...

He goes....

"So you sell parts and stuff on ebay?"

ya

"Hmmm.... I have another building that's FULL with parts... mostly bmw porsche audi etc...(that's the kind of cars he buys). I've been looking for a guy to sell them for me... interested?"

YEAH.

Well I just got back... I'm hired (still don't know my commision rate or pay) I checked out the building.... it's TEAMING with parts... it's unreal... there's racks going up to the ceiling just packed with parts.... A lot of it is junk but there's TONS of money parts... and once I clear out the building... he'll start buying whatever cars I tell him to, to part out...

I'm pretty psyched... I should be able to make a LOT of money... and it's something I LIKE doing... I'm psyched...

and once I start making decent money... did I mention he sells SWEET cars for next to nothing??

I'm shooting for a bmw by the end of next year.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:53 PM   #2
Wren57

Gratz on the new job. I hope it turns out to be at least 1/2 as wonderful as you are hyping it up to be.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:10 PM   #3
AzCivic

congratulations!!! sounds sweet!
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 05:49 PM   #4
MAXed Out
6th Gear

sounds good. he doesn't have any integra parts at the time eh?
Cause i really need some for my teg. letmme know what u have if u have anything. I need a gauge cluster, and some moldings inside.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:20 PM   #5
nonovurbizniz

No... no honda/acura now... just 2 old accords that he bought a LONG time ago... one's an 87 stripped to the bone just about... and the other is a 92 or so 4 door... it's actually pretty close to complete...

the majority is bmw audi... then some of the lower end porshces and lots of saabs....

Yeah it has the possibility of being a rediculously good job... but that all depends on both pay and commision rate... so we'll see...

as far as once I get all the parts cleared out of there... then I can basically tell him what cars to buy in order to part them out... which will DEFINATELY include LOTS of acura's... the market for teg parts is too rediculous to ignore... especially when the totaled out ones are next to free... If you ask me that's what the focus will be on... but I know he's definately leaning towards the higher end stuff... but I don't think he'll argue when he sees how much profit can be made on an integra...

I'm frankly happier about being able to be a parts whore... more than I am about the money I may or may not make... as long as it's a good living I'm psyched... anything over that is gravy.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:15 PM   #6
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Cool if posible keep an eye open on some Acura Integra 90-93 crap and letme know. I'm usually always on aim so just im me or pm me.
thanks
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 02:20 AM   #7
mylittlecivic

awesome! i wish i could get a job :o

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 08:57 AM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice.. That sounds pretty cool and you seem to be pretty excited about it. Congrats.

ps - If you guys need a website setup, let me know.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:45 PM   #9
nonovurbizniz

I'm already doing the website...

Half the reason he's gunna give it to me is because I'm "computer savy"...

My buddy and I will be setting up a site eventually...

right now a LOT of the stuff is junk though... it's going to be more of a cleaning job then parts for right now....

On a side not a wrote up a quick program in c++ to calculate different pay and commision scales... and as long as I make 10 or more percent no matter what the salary is I could make out pretty well...

I talked to him today but he needs more time to figure out the exact percentage.... I just hope he doesn't try to screw me... I'll be pissed If I have to walk away from such a good opportunity.