.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2003, 08:25 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

My Semi-New Observation

This isn't a new thing for me...but I've noticed it more since I've been at college. Why is it that I see so many girls who are moderately-very hot with guys who kinda look dopey. You know...girls hooking up with guys and you know they could do a lot better. And the deeper question is why I can't I find one of these girls? hehe. j/k. But seriously, what's up with this?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:32 PM   #2
DumbMoFo

Because for some college is where people figure out who they want to spend the rest of their life with.

These could also be people they meet in class or any number of other situation, and looks aren't everything.
Old 10-18-2003, 07:06 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

didnt they talk about this on friends once or something?
"oh you could be one of those guys!"
I know what you mean...but its all down to preference and tastes. Maybe those girls like guys like that...I wish I could find one
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:28 PM   #4
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

we could kill everyone in the world. Im sure they wouldnt do it again.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:40 PM   #5
DsBlu01CivEX

People say that you find the person you're supposed to spend the rest of your life with when you're college aged. I'm not sure that I believe this 100%, cuz well I spent 5 yrs at college and didn't meet the person that I'm going to spend the rest of my life with! But yah...I'd have to say that college "kids" are exploring who they are and what not and are more willing to date different types of people. They tend to be a tad more open-minded while at college cuz they can "get away with it" there.

yah...that always bothered me seeing extremely hot guys with not so great looking girls. But hey...as long as they are happy.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 08:47 AM   #6
spoogenet

What's so wrong with a hot person being with someone who's not? Everybody gets all excited about the thought of having a hot significant other, but really.....what makes someone look good is a combination of physical and personal beauty, physical alone just doesn't cut it.

I propose that these girls are with the guys because they like the guys for who they are. In HS everybody just goes for whoever is hot, it's a status symbol to be dating the neighborhood hottie.....but in my experience, most of them were the dumbest or most a-hole/b*tch people around.

Girls who understand what it's like to be treated right, and want that, know that the hot bad-boy guy may not be the one for her....I think college is where girls start to grow up a little and realize that the dorky nerd guy can be the better choice for a meaningful relationship. Same for guys.

b
Old 10-20-2003, 01:54 PM   #7
CD5Passion

my opinion on that is looks are everything, you can't wake up everymorning and be happy just because the person next to you is gorgeous (although that is a perk) but you have to have someone you can relate to and not fight with, I'm basically saying personality overrules all
Old 10-20-2003, 02:53 PM   #8
Shot 2 Hel

^^^ that sounds the best
Old 10-20-2003, 07:09 PM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
my opinion on that is looks are everything, you can't wake up everymorning and be happy just because the person next to you is gorgeous (although that is a perk) but you have to have someone you can relate to and not fight with, I'm basically saying personality overrules all

I absolutely agree...but don't you generally see a good looking girl with a good looking guy and vice versa? My friend suggested the other day that it's because girls are more into personality than men are. I had a good laugh at that. I honestly don't care what a woman looks like...you don't fall in love with someone's face or their body cuz lemme tell ya...in 50 years she'll be feelin gravity and lookin like a Stretch Armstrong doll. I must continue my research into this phenomenon.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-21-2003, 07:45 AM   #10
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril

Or did you mean looks aren't everything?

I think guys, especially younger guys (HS and into college maybe) are very 1-dimensional when it comes to what they want in women. It's either pretty face, hot bod, big boobs or pretty face, hot bod, small boobs, or whichever they can get their hands on first. I think girls are attracted to personality at a much younger age than guys are. Hell, I know some guys who never outgrew the "only if she's hot" attitude on women.

Eventually, though, I think (hope) most guys grow out of it and realize there's so much more to happiness and a meaningful relationship than someone who looks good.

Others just need a few beers to realize it. Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. Although they may never go to bed with an ugly girl, they're sure to wake up next to a few.

b
Old 10-21-2003, 12:59 PM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

^^^Well said spooge. Wow...I can't believe I'm congratulating someone with the word "spooge" in their username. hehe. Just remind those "pretty face, hot bod, bib tits" guys that in 20 years or so after she's shit out a few kids that bod won't be so hot and those big boobs will look like fried eggs nailed to a board.

Old 10-21-2003, 08:55 PM   #12
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
^^^Well said spooge. Wow...I can't believe I'm congratulating someone with the word "spooge" in their username. hehe. Just remind those "pretty face, hot bod, bib tits" guys that in 20 years or so after she's shit out a few kids that bod won't be so hot and those big boobs will look like fried eggs nailed to a board.

No....I congratulate you, for you have won the Giver of the Most Disturbing Mental Image of the Week Award!

Spooge is a perfectly legitimate binding lube.

b