::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2002, 06:57 PM   #1
JamieS697

dynamat

i have 2 12" subs but what pisses me off is my damn trunk sounds like its about to blow off!! Im leaning towards dynamat is there a place to find it kinda cheap everywhere i look it is expensive. Also is it worth doing the whole trunk or does the lid usually do it?
Old 11-30-2002, 07:04 PM   #2
blind34_1

hold off on buying dynamat! Here's why:

Dynamat-like material does a great job of quieting rattles, and overall will improve sound performance. Unfortunatly they charge a lot for it. This is what you know.

My friends dad works at a plant where they get a whole bunch of foam like material. Employees there sell this stuff for 2 bucks a sheet, and people love it. My friend used it in the back his prelude, and it REALLY improved the sound. What im getting at here is this is ghetto dynomat.

As we speak, his dad is bringing me a big stack of this stuff. If it works out like I'm thinking, Then I'll have him supply me with this stuff, and I can sell it cheap to you and anyone else.

my email is blind34_1@lycos.com, talk to me, and I'll see what I can do for you.

(This sounds like a cheesy advertisement, but really I just dont want people paying crazy amounts of money for dampening material!)
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 10:28 PM   #3
trabadoor22

i agree with not bothering with dynamat because of the expense , but realisticly foam will not stop rattles . it will do a very good job of lowering road noise , but is just not that great for rattles . i have personally used dynamat extreme and although it is very good it costs way too much . there are other deadening mats like raammat , edead , brownbread that cost a fraction of the price of dynamat extreme and are just as good . ive used raammat and it is very , very good . i got it for $70 + shipping for 62 sq. ft . which if you were to go buy that much dynamat extreme it would cost upwards of $300 . with that many sq. feet i did my trunk , two front doors and various other parts in my civic . i would deffinitly do your hole trunk , but really its up to you . if you are concerned about road noise then foam would be the way to go . either way i highly recommend raammat . the guy who sells it , rick , is a very good guy to do buisness with and if you are interested the sites name is raamaudio.com .
Old 12-01-2002, 10:17 AM   #4
meridius

I was wondering if the dynomat would help with interior resonance from the exhaust. I just installed a new exhaust on my civic and its extremely loud inside the car however outside the car its not that bad. I was thinking it was echoing inside the trunk ad that was making it louder, it gets so loud it hurts your ears at some points.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:14 PM   #5
trabadoor22

ya i think it would help out alot . i think the best thing to do would be to use both accustic foam and a dynamat like product . atleast in my civic they helped out alot together to eliminate both rattles and road noise . i just got an exhaust system put on too and sometimes i dont even know its there , but the exhaust system is said to be a quieter one than others . if blind_34 can get some foam like product for that cheap then ide say go for it .