::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2003, 01:55 AM   #1
pbateson

Tinted Windows?

I want to get a tinted windows for my car. Cuz there is a strong sun and can block ray inside the car seats from the sun.

I want to get just dark or very dark tinted windows. I choose black cuz my car are black in color.

Do you understand what I say?
Old 03-17-2003, 07:31 AM   #2
Jufranpnoy
1st Gear

I went to Tint King in Billerica, Mass. Their number is 978.670.2927. They are really good. And will do whatever level of tint you want. He has got a cool computer cutting machine. Just types in the make and model of your car and it has the dimension all set. I just got the legal tint(35%) because I didnt want to go through the hassle of inspections. But now I am sort of regretting the darker tint...maybe later on I will go 15-20%.

But yeah they are good guys there. Dropped my car off in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon. It was done by noon but had a good game of Halo going on. Hehehe. Good luck
Jufranpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:12 AM   #3
spoogenet

I don't think a tint shop in Mass. will help someone in Washington. Just my $.02.

Paul: For protecting your seats darker doesn't help anymore than lighter. The damage to your seats is done by UV. I'm not sure about your car but the newer cars (6th gens at least) have a UV film on the windows that cuts out UV, thus helping your seats. I'm not sure if all tints will help block out UV as well as other ones. If you're really concerned about your interior, make sure it blocks UV.

If you care more about looks, then get what looks good but stay legal. I'm not sure what legal limits are in your state.

If you care more about heat, and my guess is that in Washington you don't care as much, then get a good metallized tint. The metallized tints don't use dyes and cut out more IR than dye tints. IR is the big contributor to heat.

b
Old 03-17-2003, 10:04 AM   #4
Jufranpnoy
1st Gear

Hahaha. Sh*t man, mah bad. I just looked at the city real quick. Yeah i shouldnt be here at work. Sorry guys
Jufranpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 02:04 PM   #5
HondaTypeJ

Take it to the Honda Dealer. Thats what I did. Wasnt that much either.