::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2002, 12:59 AM   #1
BaDNaN

h23 swap?

ok so im looking to get some better performance out of the accord. the most sensible way seems to be is getting a h22 and then doing bolt ons from there. but the h22 iswap costs aroiund $2500 and most of us dont have that sort of cash.
but what if i was to do a h23 swap? seems to me it would be possible since both the h23 and h22 are prelude engines and we all know the h22 can fit in the accord nicely. also with the h23 you wouldnt have to mess around iwth connecting the vtec and stuff.
the h23 offers 160, not asmuch as the h22's 200hp but a lot better than the f22's 130. the h23 would probably be cheaper too, from what ive heard you can get one for ~800.
is this an okayish thing to do? all im looking for is a decently fast car, i just want to be able to beat my friends cars (89 cressida, 87 toyota fx16, 93 passat gxi).
if i go i/h/e on the accord right now im looking at maybe 150hp.
and the i/h/e will end up cositng me around $1200. i figure i can get a h23 and have it installed for that much, if not less. plus then i could get i/h/e later and take it up to around 180hp
the reason im looking into this is cuz i have around 1k saved up that i want to spend on the car.
any comments? or suggestions?
thanks
Old 03-28-2002, 01:21 AM   #2
azn_nite_ryder

my guess is that your an auto.. after reading what cars are able to beat you.....
you could go H23 which would be prime to gear up for adding on a turbo later....
as for adding your I/H/E.... trust me your not looking at a 20hp increase...~10hp is more probable..... and if you do go for that engine swap.. your looking at least 1000 CDN to install that sucker.... so if you could get a motor for 800 CDN.. (which i highly doubt) than add 1000 cdn.. thats almost 2000 CDN... give or take...
cheapest way to put that 1000 to use is buy ZEX... cheapest way to get instant HP... a 65 shot would be best for ya
Old 03-28-2002, 06:08 AM   #3
ZodGilla

an i/h/e only gives you 10 more horses? K&N air filters claim to give you up to 20 horses
Old 03-28-2002, 06:38 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by ZodGilla
an i/h/e only gives you 10 more horses? K&N air filters claim to give you up to 20 horses

on a big V12 maybe.

the h23 is a non-vtec h22 stroked. it will drop right in and it will be able to use the f22 ecu with no other issues. For the long run the h23 is better if u are going turbo because of a lower compression ratio of 9.8:1, while the h22 is somwhere around 10.2:1. one thing that you may wanna consider is a prelude tranny swap, because they are geared for power not for fuel economy like accords trannies are.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 12:21 PM   #5
BaDNaN

i was also thinking that the h23 might be slightly cheaper to get cuz im sure i can find some prelude owner who wants to get an h22 for his. soon all be able to do all the labor my self (taking an automotive class, and when im done i get full access to a garage). and yeah the lude tranny is something i fogot about.

i beat the passat in the 1/4 but he passed me by bout 1 car lenght at the end of our 2 mile run. never raced the fx16 or cressida but weve been talking about it .
i do like the nitrous idea but im kinda scared, i dont know how that sudden increase in power would feel. doesnt zex offer dry kits? im trying to stay away from them, dont want the car running lean or any such thing.
Old 03-28-2002, 05:34 PM   #6
Jakethesnake

I know of a swap shop in montreal that does swaps with h22a engines for 2300 (engine) and 800 install...all canadian dollar. but i gotta find the place first
Old 03-28-2002, 05:35 PM   #7
Jakethesnake

oh yeah the swap comes with everything you need....engine.tranny.ecu...ect.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:35 PM   #8
BaDNaN

well thats all good and stuff but im in atlanta, ga kinda far from canada, and i cant really drive up there.
but thanks
Old 03-29-2002, 03:01 AM   #9
azn_nite_ryder

Quote:
Originally posted by Jakethesnake
oh yeah the swap comes with everything you need....engine.tranny.ecu...ect.
and dont forget the axles...