::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2002, 12:06 PM   #1
MASTER CEE I

My New 02' Si Civic

i have really taken a liking to my new 02 si civic, after having a 99 dx hatchback civic for a couple of yrs, it feels like i have gone from a seat on the city bus to the pilot of a fighter jet. The car just wraps around you in moves when and how you want . The shifter is the greatest, i mean it makes you want to haul ass even just to go to the corner store . So far i have tinted the windows , of course threw a alarm on there ( so i wont steal it from myself )and changed all the the bubs with some hyper whites with the exception of the tail lights. What are some other ideas for performance do you think i can go with for the the average street racer-( not professional) i dont want to build a race car just something on the street that can handle its on...intake , exhaust, maybe some wheels other than the stock 15 etcc... holla back peace!
Old 11-09-2002, 02:14 PM   #2
cashizslick

Get a full catback exhaust, an intake, and a set of lowering springs to start.
Old 11-09-2002, 03:47 PM   #3
4jacks

Hi welcome to Honda Style,

Glad to hear you like your Si

I would start with exhaust
but you do need to roll on some new dubs

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 03:10 PM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Drop it...

Th new Si's look like 4WD cars. They need a nice drop. Then work on the other stuff.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:53 PM   #5
gc43

yeah man, drop it first.. I always drop my cars before anything else :-) a good suspension makes a world of difference..
Old 11-11-2002, 07:20 PM   #6
DSM_Tuner

Yup first drop it, then get an exhaust, then some rims. If you do get rims, would you sell you stocks?
Old 11-12-2002, 07:26 AM   #7
MASTER CEE I

HOW LOW SHOULD I DROP IT?, I MEAN I DONT EVEN HAVE THE 16 OR 17 INCH RIMS I AM GOING TO GET ON IT YET, IT STILL SITTIN' ON THE STOCK15- I DONT WANT IT SO LOW THAT EVERY BUMP I HIT IN THE STREET THE CAR IS BOUNCING LIKE ITS GOT SWITCHES or the tires are going to be rubbing everytime i make turns , have a load in the car etc.... - WHAT KIND OF LOWERING KIT SHOULD I GET?
Old 11-12-2002, 09:34 AM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by MASTER CEE I
HOW LOW SHOULD I DROP IT?, I MEAN I DONT EVEN HAVE THE 16 OR 17 INCH RIMS I AM GOING TO GET ON IT YET, IT STILL SITTIN' ON THE STOCK15- I DONT WANT IT SO LOW THAT EVERY BUMP I HIT IN THE STREET THE CAR IS BOUNCING LIKE ITS GOT SWITCHES or the tires are going to be rubbing everytime i make turns , have a load in the car etc.... - WHAT KIND OF LOWERING KIT SHOULD I GET?

Easy there..... *CAPS LOCK*

For one, you have 15" rims. They won't rub unless you drop it extremely low.
If you buy good quality springs or coilovers(Ground Control, Eibach H&R), you will be fine. Upgrading the stock struts is another option(KONI, KYB).
A .75-1.5" drop would be good on it.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:46 AM   #9
MASTER CEE I

sorry - a little cap lock happy

now if i upgrade tire size would that effect the the ride because it was dropped with 15inches wheels and now i went to a 16 or 17.