::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2002, 10:30 AM   #1
hanzer

H22 swap into 97 civic ex

I'm thinking of maybe doing an H22 engine swap a year or two down the road into my 97 civic ex coupe. I was wondering if anyone on the board has done this and what results/problems you may have encountered on the way. I have a friend with a 96 eclipse who is throwing in a 2.5 L into his car who says he'd be willing to help me out. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:34 PM   #2
AzCivic

I too plan on doing this swap, hopefully soon if all goes right. I done of lot of searching on the web about this. I hope these help:
http://www.h22hybrid.20m.com/index.html
http://www.hasport.com/92-95_Civic_H-series.htm
http://www.jdmshit.com/index2.html
http://www.h22a.org/
Expect to spend about $5000 or so on the swap if you do all the work yourself. Oh, handling will not be changed that much, its about 85lbs heavier than a B series engine. But more than likely you won't have power steering, but who knows, by then they might have a way to keep PS.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 10:35 AM   #3
AznStyle

i'm almost 100% sure that u wont have power steering or AC. I think itz cuz of da space resctrictions that in the engine compartment of da civic
Old 08-16-2002, 05:35 PM   #4
AzCivic

You can keep AC if you the the HCP kit which includes a custom bracket for the compressor. You also have to use a slim fan on the condenser.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:33 PM   #5
hanzer

thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Let me know how the swap goes if you end up doing it.
Old 08-17-2002, 06:43 PM   #6
AzCivic

Your welcome. Oh I'll be letting everyone know when I get it done.
Old 08-17-2002, 11:42 PM   #7
Civicfrenzy

I was talking to a friend about power steering and he gave me the impression that if i lose power steering the car will be much much harder to drive and to turn. So i guess im confused b/c if i lose power steering and have trouble controlling the car now, i mean, how is that gona work. Plz help set me straight here, thnx
Old 08-18-2002, 03:11 AM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Civicfrenzy
I was talking to a friend about power steering and he gave me the impression that if i lose power steering the car will be much much harder to drive and to turn. So i guess im confused b/c if i lose power steering and have trouble controlling the car now, i mean, how is that gona work. Plz help set me straight here, thnx

Some people actually prefer no power steering. Power steering assists you in turning the wheel. Without it, the wheel is harder to turn... and that's pretty much all there is to it.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 08:31 PM   #9
AzCivic

you're only really going to notice it at low speeds like parking and stuff. high speed will probably be better.