::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2002, 01:02 PM   #1
Amad

No Fuc$$ng Way Need a new transmission at 42K miles

I don’t know if you guys remember me I am the guy with a 2001 Accord with Automatic transmission. Which 2 months ago started to act really .... ....Guess what happen one day as I was going for lunch THE! Reliable!@(&*%$% trans broke check engine light came on and [D4] started to flash… it felt like that car was stuck in 2 gear… tans dead at 42K miles that’s after a 30K mile trans service… man HONDA SUCKS!!! On top of that trans was on back-order for 3 weeks.. I told them to give me a loner, USA HONDA told me that they will try to get me a rebuild trans (after market) whatever the hell that means,....... in 2 weeks… and will pay for the rental car… but they only pay for 9 days and I am stuck with a $200 rental car bill and a $50 deductible. Thank GOD I bought that extended Honda care warranty… but all in all HONDA SUCKS! Poor poor.. poor quality, poor service, poor parts supply (gave me generic trans) this car is only year old and all highway mileage… and I change oil on time and take care of this car… my 1990 Taurus FORD lasted 190K miles … I am very disappointed with there service… I even talked with HONDA USA to get the rental car reimbursement but they said they can’t do anything ….

good luck WITH YOUR HONDA
Old 06-06-2002, 01:17 PM   #2
spoogenet

Unless more people experience similar problems, I don't think it's fair to conclude that Honda sucks.

EVERY manufacturer of EVERY product ever made has problems at some time or another with a limited number of products. The only manufacturers/designers that can be fairly labeled as bad are the ones with a high number of problematic products. There is no escaping manufacturing variation and quality variation.

It sucks that yours broke and it sucks that the dealer isn't taking better care of you. Good luck and I hope your experience changes for the better.

b
Old 06-06-2002, 01:42 PM   #3
ShEaNy

ya HONdas don't suck.....its just one of those things that happen....and sorry man it just happen to u...... i never heard of anything like that happen to anyone i know with a Honda... good luck on repairs or new car?.... :o (fords break down more then hondas....trust me)
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 02:00 PM   #4
blownteggy

face it my man, there will always be a bad car from the bunch. don't judge all hondas. cuz i know my honda/acura doesn't suck
Old 06-07-2002, 01:01 AM   #5
94AccordEx-R

when you shift do you do it properly? like hold the break all the way down, and like wait till the car stops all the way when going from reverse to D4?

cause i changed my transmission at like 230Km. friggin 5grand. ouch. peace