User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2002, 09:34 AM   #41
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
And as for the Spanish speaking thing....I don't understand how they can make it a second language when we DON'T have a FIRST language. The US has no official language...we just have a norm being English. If they want to make Spanish a second lang then, they need to make a first language.

the spanish thing is all bullshit. you are in US then speak freakin' english. No i'm not an ass. the way i learned english before i came here, the same way they can do. my parents are still struggeling with the langauge but that is fine. they will learn it in time, they take classes so they can have a better job, or get along with other people.

now back to the guy forum idea: yep we need one, or lose the FFF forum

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 10:25 AM   #42
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla
AND WHY, OH WHY do they let people in this country to live if they cant speak english???????????????????????????????????????? It makes no sense to me, I have nothing against spanish speaking people but if you cant speak english, theres no point in being here.

I think the border patrol needs to stop sleeping and start doing their jobs!!!!:o
Old 04-08-2002, 12:14 PM   #43
Honda_Gurl

okay i got two things to respond to here. first with all the non-english speaking thing, TRY LIVING IN EL PASO!! it's like living in mexico basically. i live 10 minutes from mexico, and although i am mexican, it even bothers me when i'm assumed to know and speak spanish. if you're not bilingual here, it can get pretty frustrating. i do speak spanish by the way, but i do agree that if you live here you should know english. okay enough about that.

second, i think the reason girls got their own forum was because we are the minority here. guys pretty much rule the board and i think we deserve our little spot so we can do our own thing and talk about issues that just relate to us. i mean you guys could take OT over and we really couldn't do much about it cause we're a smaller group. having the F&FF section lets us speak our minds about different things guys don't have to worry about. and no don't get rid of that forum!
Old 04-08-2002, 12:24 PM   #44
FeelMyRide

Rename the F&FF forum
I think it should be a combo for the guy & the girls, cuz we all want to know what everyone is thinking.
Guys- I think its unfair you guys dont have your own forum but rather than us have seperate ones, I wanna share it with ya!
Girls- Look around, we've done some damage in just about every area of this board. I don't think we need to say we are a minority, perhaps in #'s we don't rank up to the guys. But who cares? It's the quality of what we say, not the quantity
Old 04-08-2002, 10:53 PM   #45
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by FeelMyRide
Rename the F&FF forum
I think it should be a combo for the guy & the girls, cuz we all want to know what everyone is thinking.
Guys- I think its unfair you guys dont have your own forum but rather than us have seperate ones, I wanna share it with ya!
Girls- Look around, we've done some damage in just about every area of this board. I don't think we need to say we are a minority, perhaps in #'s we don't rank up to the guys. But who cares? It's the quality of what we say, not the quantity

well put fmr also if you look at the regulars that post now its pretty even in guy to gal ratio! with the girls wining at times it seems!!
Old 04-09-2002, 12:49 AM   #46
Lovebuzz13

I don't think it needs a name change. It was put here to help draw in more girls....if we change the name that would kill the whole purpose of the forum. There aren't many boards that have a place just for the girls....
Old 04-09-2002, 01:26 AM   #47
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovebuzz13
I don't think it needs a name change. It was put here to help draw in more girls....if we change the name that would kill the whole purpose of the forum. There aren't many boards that have a place just for the girls....

exactly ... i mean what is the big deal.. its a forum.. you guys should know by now us females need our own space and if you dont give it to us well just ... rip yer heads off when you least expect it no but seriously ... why cant we just have our own little section? the chief put it here for a reason... a place for the females to discuss things we encounter in this male dominated sport.. if its truly that big a deal then whatever ask for your own forum but why not just let the girl forum be?

**edit**

and if you dont like the forum or agree it needs to be there remember nobody is forcing you to click the icon to open it or to post in it for that matter.
SilverHX4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 12:03 PM   #48
Lovebuzz13

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverHX4Me

exactly ... i mean what is the big deal.. its a forum.. you guys should know by now us females need our own space and if you dont give it to us well just ... rip yer heads off when you least expect it no but seriously ... why cant we just have our own little section? the chief put it here for a reason... a place for the females to discuss things we encounter in this male dominated sport.. if its truly that big a deal then whatever ask for your own forum but why not just let the girl forum be?

**edit**

and if you dont like the forum or agree it needs to be there remember nobody is forcing you to click the icon to open it or to post in it for that matter.

Good post!

And yes, if you guys want your own area SO BADLY, ask for it :P . Don't be jealous because we have an area and you don't, be adults about it.

I haven't seen anything posted in the Moderator Forum about it yet, so it must not be that big of a deal
Old 04-09-2002, 01:08 PM   #49
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

'cause the mods don't seem to care about it

good idea. i'll go and post it there

Old 04-09-2002, 02:42 PM   #50
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovebuzz13

Good post!

And yes, if you guys want your own area SO BADLY, ask for it :P . Don't be jealous because we have an area and you don't, be adults about it.

I haven't seen anything posted in the Moderator Forum about it yet, so it must not be that big of a deal

thanks,

seriously guys why not just let it go? i know i personally like having the girl section because its somewhere that the small amount of females who enjoy the same things i do can gather up and talk about our experiences or what not that we do deal with everyday.. like it or not it IS a male dominated sport.. what does giving us a little place to vent about that hurt you? if you dont like it or think its sexist then dont go there..if its THAT big of a deal ask for your own forum to talk but dont start bashing ours and try shutting it down .. and as for the name change what would be the point then? might as well just change it to another off topic cuz the guys dont seem to stay out of it anyways.. or try using it as a dating service.point blank... the girl forum is there for a reason and that is because the chief wanted it there and knew it would help to attract more females... i know i for one do not like posting anything in the civic forum because of certain jerks who jump on you if you ask a * stupid question* or if you arent some all knowing car god... so just let us have our own damn space to talk and learn it isnt hurting anyone.
Old 04-09-2002, 05:50 PM   #51
slowEJ6

this is the most idiotic thread ever. you are going to cry over the fact that theres a girls forum.......oh lord no! i cant believe this crap. oh well, whatever, if you all want to complain about something as miniscule as this, then go for it. act like little preteens and ***** and moan and argue. how lame, thought this site had more mature people.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:52 PM   #52
Lovebuzz13

Another good post...

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
this is the most idiotic thread ever. you are going to cry over the fact that theres a girls forum.......oh lord no! i cant believe this crap. oh well, whatever, if you all want to complain about something as miniscule as this, then go for it. act like little preteens and ***** and moan and argue. how lame, thought this site had more mature people.

Yes, I thought so too. Please grow up.
Old 04-09-2002, 09:11 PM   #53
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverHX4Me

i know i for one do not like posting anything in the civic forum because of certain jerks who jump on you if you ask a * stupid question* or if you arent some all knowing car god...

that's why you should have an accord

Old 04-09-2002, 11:01 PM   #54
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

that's why you should have an accord

hehe youre probably right
Old 04-11-2002, 09:38 PM   #55
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
As for toykilla's rants....I have to agree SOMEWHAT. The ironic thing about BET is that probably just as many white people watch it as black. And they now have played at least 2 Nsync songs on there. So, yes BET is now slowly becoming POP!!!! (I know some people on here won't watch anymore hahaha). And as for the Spanish speaking thing....I don't understand how they can make it a second language when we DON'T have a FIRST language. The US has no official language...we just have a norm being English. If they want to make Spanish a second lang then, they need to make a first language. And toy...get used to the Spanish...with PR being one of our territories and the amount of immigration; it's not goin away. Do what I did...take spanish classes that way in stores if they are goin a mile a minute about something in spanish you know what they are sayin. I've heard some pretty funny convos. You'd be amazed about what they are talkikn about sometimes!! hahaha
Oh and the point of them being here whether they can speak English or not is...that living here is probably a HELL of a lot better than from where they came. They are looking for a place to live freely and do as they desire. Just like the Europeans (most of our ancestors) did when this country was colonized. Granted some of the groups here were brought under the wrong conditions and the natives were treated very unfairly...and this is gonna sound very cold-hearted and I hope no one takes it this way...but what is done is done. It's made our history what it is today. Things happen for a reason to teach future generations and yourself lessons. The only way these acts won't be committed again is if we all learn from them.
Sorry for my long ass rant!

I was in spanish 4. It still sucks. Also, I could care less how much better the United States is over their country. If no one can understand them, they shouldnt be here. Im not into helping people from other countries before they help our own. HOW MANY AMERICANS ARE ON THE STREETS because we spend all of our money helping the people from everywhere else. Some of the americans belong on the streets but some are just plain unlucky. Wheres all the help with all the starving children in america?? **** the children in other countries (mid east) until we have our kids fed and up to date. Lets stop this right here because nothing ANYONE says will change my mind about this. The American government will help other countries because it looks good but we overlook all the people in america that have it bad at the same time. All the helping we do must not be getting to the other countries, I didnt see anyone come to our aid during 9-11 but if that happened to someone else AMERICAN RED CROSS would have been at their door steps.
Old 04-12-2002, 03:03 PM   #56
slowEJ6

good point.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote