::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2006, 08:46 AM   #1
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Michael Richards aka Kramer - A little racial?

If you haven't heard about this, come out from under your rock.

Apparently while doing some standup at the Laugh Factory Michael Richards made some comments of the racial kind to a heckler in the audience.

I'm not saying I agree with his comments. They were extreme. But I hate hecklers too. Its annoying as hell to have some drunk ass in the audience talking above the comedian. He should've just made fun of them minus the racial slurs.

Anyhow..... This may be deemed NWS due to the language. Be advised.

He did later apologize on Letterman.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Honestly...if you go to a comedy club you have to expect that kind of shit. I don't endorse his use of the word "nigger", but if you're in a situation like that you use what you've got and if someone is pissing you off that bad, you might resort to pissing them off the best way you know how. It's so easy for people to condemn this kind of thing...but they'd never have the guts to get up on stage and risk being heckled. Besides...comedians are always right on the bleeding edge of tasteless and offensive. Honestly, I don't think he should've apologized.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:31 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
Honestly...if you go to a comedy club you have to expect that kind of shit. I don't endorse his use of the word "nigger", but if you're in a situation like that you use what you've got and if someone is pissing you off that bad, you might resort to pissing them off the best way you know how. It's so easy for people to condemn this kind of thing...but they'd never have the guts to get up on stage and risk being heckled. Besides...comedians are always right on the bleeding edge of tasteless and offensive. Honestly, I don't think he should've apologized.

Ha! I think this maybe the second time that I completely agree with you. I don't remember what the first time was, but I think there was one other one.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:49 PM   #4
HondaImpaler

I saw a local comedian handle a heckler like no mans biniss. It was fucking hilarious and amazing at the same time.

The whole table got up and left cause they were so outmatched. And no racial slurs or nothing. Fuckin props to Dez Reed!
The vermin you need to loathe
HondaImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

If you really want to see someone completely destroy a heckler, look for a clip of Bill Hicks doing it. I've never seen someone rip a dumbass apart like he did.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-22-2006, 06:38 AM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
If you really want to see someone completely destroy a heckler, look for a clip of Bill Hicks doing it. I've never seen someone rip a dumbass apart like he did.
Bill Hicks was an outstanding comic.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
Gone

Anyone have any footage or recording of Bill? I've never seen/heard him before.

Quote:

Agreed.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:30 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm sure you can find some if you look around. He had something like 5 or 6 albums released after his death in the early 90's and he was even sampled on a Tool album. There's one clip where some drunk bitch starts heckling him and he proceeds to just rip her apart. He calls her a "drunk cunt" and then has security throw her out once he's done ripping her 5 new ones (which takes him roughly 5 minutes of berating her for being a moron). Also, if you can find it, there's a great old clip of him standing in front of an audience and telling them that he will make each and every one of them leave by the end of the show and he does just that. He insults everyone so thouroughly that they all get up and leave. Some might call that crass...I call it genius.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

A quick YouTube search for Bill Hicks...

There's more out there...
Old 11-22-2006, 08:18 PM   #10
Wren57

I don't care if Michael Richards is a racist or not. In fact, I don't care if anyone is racist or not, so long as it doesn't influence public policy or negatively effect anybody economically I don't see why it matters. Take that with a grain of salt, for I am just a cracker with a big mouth.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:12 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

^we all know that

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:27 AM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren57
I don't care if Michael Richards is a racist or not. In fact, I don't care if anyone is racist or not, so long as it doesn't influence public policy or negatively effect anybody economically I don't see why it matters. Take that with a grain of salt, for I am just a cracker with a big mouth.

Its not whether you care about how a celebrity feels. Its just amusing to see the reactions of everyone else who seem to think the world may stop turning if we stop paying attention to these people.

Wonder if a non-celebrity comic would have received the same attention?
Old 11-23-2006, 01:06 PM   #13
CD5Passion

ga damn...haha that was insane