::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
nonovurbizniz

This administration is a joke.

Seriously... I don't really even feel the need to ellaborate too much...

How the F does ANYONE support them at this point.

I don't give 2 craps in a bag about the B.S.... but I mean the serious stuff is pretty G'dam widespread and pretty freaking outrageous IMO...

I mean forget whether or not you think we should or shouldn't be in Iraq... I thought that republicans were supposed to know how to run wars???

These ass bags have F'd up left and right and basically offer NO solution or even admit that they've EVER f'd up.

Since when is duck and cover an acceptable defense from modern government...

Why is it that there is this all pervasive media idea that calling a dumbass a dumbass is wrong just because of his title?

And why is it that bush and cheney get to dole out money to EVERY rich person they know with NO accountability... ALL THE WHILE running the country into the biggest deficite EVER.

WTF?!?!?!?
Old 02-17-2006, 05:58 AM   #2
Robert
R-Tard

I sense anger in this one....
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:56 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well...he's got a point. My main beef with the current administration is the total and complete lack of accountability. Our main chant for war was that Iraq had WMDs. When it became abundantly clear that they didn't, we blamed bad intelligence. That's all fine and good, but who has been held liable for that bad intelligence? If someone at your job fucked up that bad, they'd be canned...no questions asked. Like Lewis Black said, it's like the CIA is full of frustrated weathermen. I can watch TV and guess with the best of them, so why not make me the head of the CIA? The fact that NO ONE has been held accountable for the numerous fuck ups of this admisinistration would be laughable if it hadn't cost so many people their lives. The media failed to cover in any detail whatsoever the story of male homosexual prostitue "Jeff Gannon" who posed as a reporter and gained fairly substantial access to the white house despite his complete lack of journalistic credentials. No one has stood up and dared question the "official" account of what happened on 9/11 despite the numerous and troubling holes in the story. I don't blame the government, though. My bullshit detector is pretty fine tuned and I know when I'm being lied to. I expect it from the government. I blame the citizens of this country for not demanding answers in any way, shape, or form. They've been so blinded by "national security threats" and unnamed terrorist threats that they're willing to go along with anything anyone says...regardless of the fact that they all have the leadership capacity of gerbils. The only people we have to blame is ourselves for what will surely result in the downfall of our great society.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #4
Wren57

The main chant for war was that Iraq was violating UN regulations that inspectors must be allowed into weapons sites. Iraq refused the inspectors, allowing for use of force by UN policy, and we stepped up when the UN drug its feet. We havent found any because we gave Iraq 8 months ahead of the invasion to hide them. As far as accountability, the head of the CIA resigned/was fired not long ago.

It is funny to me how people like to argue things before they have all the facts. You two need to pull your head out of your asses; the middle east isnt like your neighborhood all-white shopping mall, it cant be treated the same way...
Old 02-17-2006, 02:07 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
I sense anger in this one....

yup, its not even worth trying..

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #6
Wren57

yup, emotion always clouds logic. some people are just lost.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

but Dubya has to be the dumbest monkey ever. Why could not the republicans have found someone better ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:22 PM   #8
Wren57

if you are republican at age 20 you have no heart, if you are a democrat at age 40 you have no brain.

Wren (always preferred the tin man to the scarecrow)
Old 02-17-2006, 07:02 PM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

haha..

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #10
thermal
Banning Machine

You know what........ I've seen the effect of this shit overseas. None of you fockers will know how it is out there. Even as a Sailor not seeing the combat on land... the real combat..... I do see the looks on the faces of Marines and Soldiers on every shore bases that I go to. It is so hard to interpret what they are going through. I'm not even going to describe it.....

I'm against this war.... but I do what I do to follow the orders of those appointed over me. I get paid to suck it up and hope that I go home safe and so as everybody else I know.

I do not disagree that this war is meaningless. It is just the expense and extensive effort that our government is putting on it is ridiculous. Look at it this way, an Aegis Class Destroyer (not the biggest ship in the Navy) spends an average between $100,000 to $150,000 on fuel alone. Add food and labor (yes, Military charges labor on their own people) with that. Then top it off with over priced repair parts...... wear and tear on equipment. Would you believe that I have managed to spend over $200,000 of taxpayers cash in 4 hours just ordering parts and providing labor? I know another ship right now that spent 3 million bucks in 3 days........

These are just some stuff that happens when we go out there. Like I said, my opinion does not really matter. I get paid to put up with this. Even if I disagree, I am here to follow what I am ordered to..... no questions asked. We got picked on, threatened, cursed at.......... we still walk around on any port overseas with our head up and full of pride.......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:23 PM   #11
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
yup, its not even worth trying..

I'm not emotional about politics AT ALL... I couldn't really care less... because I don't think that ANY politician is anything but a D'bag... they're ALL corrupt they're ALL shitty.

I don't see ANYONE coming up with a SINGLE Defense of this administration and it's actions on EVERY SINGLE SUBJECT.

It's disgraceful..

The clinton admin. was embarrasing because he was a scumbag filanderer and gore was an nerdy liberal ass wipe.

Bush is STUPID. Plain and simple that fucking guy is borderline retarded...

Cheney is EVIL and corrupt... I had a decent amount of respect for him untill I got to see him in action. He's a back patting quid pr quo scumbag and frankly I think he might be the devil.

Whatever I was just hoping to have a couple posts of reasons why you agree with or support this administration...
Old 02-17-2006, 11:26 PM   #12
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by Wren57
if you are republican at age 20 you have no heart, if you are a democrat at age 40 you have no brain.

Wren (always preferred the tin man to the scarecrow)

I always heard it as if your a republican before thirty you have no heart but if you're a liberal after 30 you have no brain...

Same deal and I sort of agree...

Only thing is that this administration is NOT IN ANY WAY typically republican/conservitive.

They're money spending religious zealots.

I don't think most repulicans would agree with driving the country into the biggest deficite ever...

and the "spendocrats" had it ALL balanced before he stepped in...

What was his first move... give a kick back to rich folks... gee there's a shock.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:58 AM   #13
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz

What was his first move... give a kick back to rich folks... gee there's a shock.

I got a kick back and I'm not rich.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:20 AM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
I got a kick back and I'm not rich.

How much did you get? A couple hundred bucks? What basically amounts to roughly a dollar a day? That's asswipe money to the government. They gave that out so people would say "w00t! I got $300 and only paid $10K over the year in income tax!". What a great provider, that one. When he says kick backs, we're talking millions of dollars in cuts to people who already have millions and don't need it anyway. That's one way to turn a $2 trillion surplus into a $3.5 trillion deficit.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 02-18-2006, 05:34 AM   #15
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by thermal
You know what........ I've seen the effect of this shit overseas. None of you fockers will know how it is out there. Even as a Sailor not seeing the combat on land... the real combat..... I do see the looks on the faces of Marines and Soldiers on every shore bases that I go to. It is so hard to interpret what they are going through. I'm not even going to describe it.....

I'm against this war.... but I do what I do to follow the orders of those appointed over me. I get paid to suck it up and hope that I go home safe and so as everybody else I know.

I do not disagree that this war is meaningless. It is just the expense and extensive effort that our government is putting on it is ridiculous. Look at it this way, an Aegis Class Destroyer (not the biggest ship in the Navy) spends an average between $100,000 to $150,000 on fuel alone. Add food and labor (yes, Military charges labor on their own people) with that. Then top it off with over priced repair parts...... wear and tear on equipment. Would you believe that I have managed to spend over $200,000 of taxpayers cash in 4 hours just ordering parts and providing labor? I know another ship right now that spent 3 million bucks in 3 days........

These are just some stuff that happens when we go out there. Like I said, my opinion does not really matter. I get paid to put up with this. Even if I disagree, I am here to follow what I am ordered to..... no questions asked. We got picked on, threatened, cursed at.......... we still walk around on any port overseas with our head up and full of pride.......

completely respect this
Old 02-18-2006, 11:48 AM   #16
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
How much did you get? A couple hundred bucks? What basically amounts to roughly a dollar a day? That's asswipe money to the government. They gave that out so people would say "w00t! I got $300 and only paid $10K over the year in income tax!". What a great provider, that one. When he says kick backs, we're talking millions of dollars in cuts to people who already have millions and don't need it anyway. That's one way to turn a $2 trillion surplus into a $3.5 trillion deficit.

uhh, I didn't pay nearly 10k in taxes, at most I paid 2k. Should they just give everyone their taxes back? I don't think that'd help the deficit.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:33 PM   #17
Wren57

The tax cuts helped my family businesses, allowing us to open 3 new offices in 2 new states and we were able to hire 50+ new employees. I'd say thats good for the economy.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:42 PM   #18
nonovurbizniz

The top tax bracket is the only one who got a MAJOR kick back and it was JUST THAT. Which in my mind is no better than buying support. They gave WAY more money then they needed to, to people who don't really need the money...

and YES I understand it's so they (because they're rich and can afford to) go out and spend a bonus like that.... and that is supposed to trickle down... well frankly that's like stirring a couldren with a bunch of chop sticks... NOT bunched together... (unless the couldren you're talking about is a lexus dealer).

Meanwhile "no child left behind" turns into "every child left behind"...

I mean WTF... I thought that conservitives were against lowering test standards??? Slowing down the pace of classes to suit the slowest student.

And on top of that theres NO money behind sent to schools... the majority of that bill required the burden to be borne by the state.

It's just a bunch of half assed standards with no support to make them (or better) achievable.

Oil... he seriously has the balls to say that "americans are addicted to oil"... Uh yeah mainly because you wouldn't take ANY steps to lower consumption or curb the profits of the oil companies...

Now he goes another dirty corrupt special intrest step further and suggests we should move to Nuclear Power... UH WTF?!?!?!?!

I mean I know he's not the brightest guy in the world... but If we're so up and scared of dirty bombs and terrorists... shouldn't we try to keep track of the realatively LOW amount of nuclear material we produce from nuclear power plants NOW before opening more??? and wouldn't we want to AVOID springing up new targets all over america that with an ounce of luck and effort could cause the PERMINANT desctruction of itself and surrounding areas?

I mean if terrorism IS something that we're supposed to be scared of do we REALLY want to open up Nuclear power plants all over america?

And on top of that... HTF does nuclear power solve our oil consumption problem???

Hardly any if not NO power plants run off oil.. they're almost all either coal burning, hydro electric. So Opening more nuclear power plants does us NO good.

NO automotive companies are in ANY stage of research or development on a rechargable car... ALL of them deemed it pointless... seeing the fuel cell as a MUCH more viable option.

So how does giving grants and contracts to TONS of greedy lobbiest owning SCUMBAGS solve ANY of our oil consumption...

And WHY is it that he doesn't see BioDiesel as a viable alternative...

A. The NUMBER ONE producer of corn: USA
B. Low cost/ease of production
C. Substituable for TONS and TONS of applications... Most industrial engines in almost ANY setting ALREADY run on Diesel and are the MAIN polluters...

Personal/Non-commercial consumption of gasoline accounts for like .00000001 percent of the Petroleum Products derived from arab oil.

If the government were to offer grants and loans and tax breaks for companies trying to produce biodiesel in mass could reduce the worlds pollution AND oil consumption RADICALLY...

Think about it EVERY truck, construction vehicle, generator, Marine Vessels, etc could ALL be EASILY converted to running biodiesel (the first deisel engine was run on soybean diesel).

This would make AMERICA the producer of a cleaner CHEAPER more efficient alternative to arab oil. It would reduce our dependence to the point where domestic production and stockpile would probobly be sufficient.

But no GWB.. NUCULAR power is the way... lead us oh great one.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #19
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren57
The tax cuts helped my family businesses, allowing us to open 3 new offices in 2 new states and we were able to hire 50+ new employees. I'd say thats good for the economy.

Frankly that makes me happy. Congratulations to your family and all the new employees.

However I don't think that it's "par for the course" so to speak.

Also I think you'd have to admit that even from what's known now there has been RAMPANT abuse of this administrations propensity towards doling out money. Be it through tax breaks or grants.

They also have NO problem using any loophole they can to put a strangle hold on programs/companies/individuals they dislike.

This administration and it's cart blanche TRULY scare me.

We're seriously not far off from 1941... All it would take is one more MAJOR attack on the US for people to bow to just about ANY demand this administration makes... and I don't even want to elaborate on what I think those would be...

"don't accept the mark"
Old 02-18-2006, 10:59 PM   #20
thermal
Banning Machine

oh yeah, that number figure I mentioned about fuel cost is fucking DAILY! $100,000-150,000 DAILY!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 04:09 AM   #21
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermal
oh yeah, that number figure I mentioned about fuel cost is fucking DAILY! $100,000-150,000 DAILY!

Well sure. The military throws money away like it's nothing. You know why? Because it's not theirs. What do they care if a toilet seat costs $1000...the money is already there just ready for them to spend. And in a "time of war", no one's going to dare question it less they be branded unpatriotic. Although I do think it's tragically funny that they'll dump $100K daily on one ship while they won't shell out the money for proper body armor for troops or vehicles. One of my army friends told me it was "psychological armor" because it wouldn't really stop anything...it was just supposed to make you feel like it could.

That reminds me...I fogot to send the DOD a Valentine's card.