Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Motorola...blow me

So I got this new cell phone while I was on break...a Motorola E815. Nice phone...it's got a lot of useless crap on it that I'll never use, but the camera thing is nice, as is actually having ringtones in mp3 format. Wanting to make the most of my new phone, I bought a data cable and software to transfer stuff from my computer to my phone. Stuff like mp3 files for ringtones, pictures, etc. So after buying this stuff that is specifically for my phone, I come to find out that Motorola hasn't even released drivers for the phone. Funny...I could've sworn they told me this shit would work with my phone. Oh wait...THEY DID. I can only presume they did this to screw you into using their shitty "get it now" feature where you download from a very limited and very shitty selection of wallpaper and ringtones and pay out the ass for the priviledge. So...on that note...Motorola can fellate me copiously. Bunch of greedy lying fucks.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:21 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Id just pin it on the idiots that work at the store that you bought it from.
I thought about buying one of those cables when I got my new phone too...then I couldnt justify the $20.....
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
Id just pin it on the idiots that work at the store that you bought it from.
I thought about buying one of those cables when I got my new phone too...then I couldnt justify the $20.....

That's exactly what I'm doing...I bought it online direct from Motorola.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:37 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

BIG idiots
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

damn salesmen!!!! Should have the store send you the software as soon as it would become available....but dies defeat the purpose/point.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ehh and that is only half the story. just wait till you get the charging port problems and audio codecs craping out, and the broken antennas

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:27 PM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I could probably bet that the "sales person" had no clue about half of that stuff is that you were talking about. Most sales people are idiots and will tell you anything to get you to buy the product.

Moral of the story... Don't listen to sales people because they are mindless greedy fVcks.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:07 PM   #8
blind34_1

i know what you mean, moto can blow me. i bought a v810. what a piece.

I got the data cable, but unfortunatly you can do nothing useful with the phone (officially anyway). The motorola software only allows you to sync a calender and phonebook (phone support was broken, thanks moto). That's it. Can't get the pictures off the phone, can't upload my own java apps, can't do shit!

Luckily, I was able to find a driver, and I used a few of programs that are VERY hard to find; p2kman, mss, mobiledit!, pst, mpt. If you have a phone that is compatible with these programs, you've got it made.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:29 AM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I have a V180. Other then the fact that it seems cheaply made (compared to other phones like Nextel Motorola phones) I can do just about anything and everything to the phone. I didn't have to buy a data cable. It used the same one that my Fuji camera uses. I just plug the cable into the computer, use my downloaded software that I found via a search on google and went to town.