::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2004, 11:17 AM   #41
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Good for him. I was hoping he wouldn't whine and cry about it. It wasnt ALL that close.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:20 AM   #42
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
well.. gore had a reason to bitch in 00 he was up in the pop. vote and florida had a billion problems. kerry does not since the margine for certain states is unbeatable, and he's down 3%, or 3.6 million votes for the pop. vote. the margine is too big for the number of provisionary ballots out, so in all honesty kerry is being a man about it and admitting defeat. if he tried to drag this on and lost, that woujld be the second time in 2 elections the democrats have drawn out the election making it hard on the american people. i was hearing on the news(multipule stations, fox news, cnn and msnbc) about how nixon conceded to kennedy to spare the american people the drawn out election, and how ted kennedy more than likely let kerry know that and didnt want to taint their reputations beyond what they are now.

oh i didnt mean about challenging votes and stuff, i meant just going out and voting in the first place.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:24 AM   #43
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
kerry kept saying he would be fair and equal unlike the president, but if you look at his past he is the most liberal senator aside from kennedy. we have alot going on in america at this time and i feel kerry would have screwerd thiings up real bad trying to change too much to be "not bush". his whole campaing came down to im not bush, and well, looks like that wasnt good enough. im glad that the american people did pick bush, they were able to see past the anti-bush ads and actually decided not to like kerry. i was very against bush 6 months ago, however once i looked at the democrats attempt at a presidental candidate and read more into what he was about and who he was i couldnt in my right mind vote for him, even if it did mean voting for bush again.

yup, you nailed that one on the head chris. Granted it would be nice to have a very liberal president to change things up a bit, but america is too unstable and divided right now, and i feel that kerry's "do the complete opposite of anything bush would do" attitude would end up hurting our country. I'll be interested to see who runs in 4 years though ( hopefully nader finally dies, and it'll be gore vs. kerry) that'd be interesting.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:25 AM   #44
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
oh i didnt mean about challenging votes and stuff, i meant just going out and voting in the first place.

oh.. i see what you mean. yeah it was kinda a supprise, although i think almost every florida county had more bush votes this time around. typically new voters register and vote for the other party since they want a change.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:25 AM   #45
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Good for him. I was hoping he wouldn't whine and cry about it. It wasnt ALL that close.

thank goodness, it sounded like edwards was gonna be a little bi@tch about it.

yeah, its not close at all in my opinion. i at least expected a scenario like last election(dem's take the popular, rep's take the electoral) but nope, democrats couldnt even pull that off.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:27 AM   #46
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by JDMFantasy2k
( hopefully nader finally dies, and it'll be gore vs. kerry)

um.. 2 democrats? im guessing a McCain / Clinton ticket in 08 if the 2 candidates had to be picked now.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:37 AM   #47
juvenile

You think Clinton will be back in office? Is that even possible after being president already?
Old 11-03-2004, 11:37 AM   #48
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

wrong clinton... hillary

Old 11-03-2004, 11:41 AM   #49
AzCivic

i dont think dems will let her run for president, i think they know it'll all but solidify another republican win.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #50
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
i dont think dems will let her run for president, i think they know it'll all but solidify another republican win.

Yeah right, why do you think the Clinton party was heading up Kerry's campaign. They wanted him to lose.. lol. Seriously, I think Hiliary will be running in '08 I'd be surprised if she doesn't (atleast for VP.)
Old 11-03-2004, 01:03 PM   #51
AzCivic

the american people love bill, not hillary. i hope she does run, that'll be an easy election to call.